Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 344 of 634 FirstFirst ... 194294324334342343344345346354364394494 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 6336
  1. #3431 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by JD630 View Post
    Questions I recently bought df250
    I been riding and now it's time for n oils change
    Can anyone tell me how' much oil it needs? In cc measurements please?
    Also is there n oil filter for this bike ? If Yes ,where is it ?
    My gears shift hard anyone know the cause of that ?
    Please
    Not sure of the cc's for oil, but it's about a 1.25 quarts or so. Filter is on the left side just under the shifter lever. It's a giant 28mm nut cap, remove carefully because there is a spring behind it that will fling it at you if your not careful. Remove the screen cone filter and clean and reinstall. Use some fresh oil on the O-ring on the cap before installing. Shifting issue could be a few different things. Check your linkage and make sure its not bent. Check and make sure that the clutch cable is fully disengaging with a small amout of play in the lever. Make sure that the trans linkage is properly adjusted. And if your talking about trying to shift up at a stop, you cant so dont try. Start shifting into neutral while your coming to a stop. Hope this helps

2. #3432 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.

3. #3433 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    hello gentlemen i found out that my 3 out of 4 bolts were broken in half on my sprocket thats why it was wobbling. ordered the part should be fixed soon!
    my other question is where can i get a NEW throttle cable ???
    i also cleaned my carb wow what a difference it made !!!
    can someone tell how to adjust the jet/pilot valves right now my rpm are thru the roof (very high) and its hard to get it undercontrol ? i think something is wrong with my throttle and choke any recomendations i have #105MM needle ? wit 35t sprocket
    you said all this on the 29th of apr. it is now the 6th of may. that sure is a lot of fixin and ridin in just a week for someone who doesnt know how to change the oil. what gives

4. #3434 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    at least i wont be looking for that next gear that doesnt exist anymore.
    and i thought i was the only one doing that..........

5. #3435 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    Change oil before riding!!!!! The oil that is installed at time of delivery is just shipping oil, buy a magnetic oil plug (you can get one at your local honda dealer, it is the same plug that is used on the Ruckus). Get an NGK plug and make sure it is gapped properly, Check your valve clearance BEFORE you start it as mine were so tight I couldn't get any feeler gauges in between them. Check all of your nuts and bolts and apply blue lock tight to all bolts that may rattle loose. Hope this helps and enjoy your bobber! I had a guy chase me down last night on my way to the movie store and had a million questions while I was at the light. It doesn't matter where I park this thing there is always someone standing there looking at it when I get back to it. Think I am going to buy a BIG ASS bicycle lock so I can lock the back wheel to the frame, also going to buy one of these >> http://www.gizmag.com/spybike-gps-tracker/22999/
    Hey thanks for the advise! I have heard a couple different opinions on what oil weight to use. Should I really use a different weight for the summer time? Also, no synthetic right?

6. #3436 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Driving my Bobber home from work today I noticed that the top of the forks/shocks are not even on my bike. The shiny top of the fork that comes up thru the bracket is higher on the righthand side than the left. The top of the shock/fork looks like a nut and washer on top. On the lefthand side the top of the shock is nearly flush with the braket and on the righthand side it probably sticks up 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. It has probably been like this since I bought it but I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue? Thanks!

7. #3437 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    so then you fixed your sprocket and bolts and such. how did that go. what did you do to fix.

Thank YOU !!!
    Where can i purchase the oil filter? What size is it? Waitr... I dont need to get new one just clean the old one out ???
    Yeah I fixed my bike !!!
    The problem was that 3out of 4 bolts that hold the sprocket where broken in half. I ordered new bolts from honda superstore took 4days to get them tho. also i took my 35t sprocket and drilled new holes in it for the bolts to be tighter. also i purchased new chain bc the other one was kashed. Installed everything and tthe problem was solved.
    Also my carb was really dirty i cleaned that baby now is purring.
    But the never the less i have another issue ... There is something that is rattling in my exhaust pipe.. First i thought it was the heat shield i took it off its a bit better but it still rattles bit only when there is a lot of vibration or when hit the pipe with my shoe. where the heat shield was on. Im not sure what the problem might be but its fucking annoying as shit.

8. #3438 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    you said all this on the 29th of apr. it is now the 6th of may. that sure is a lot of fixin and ridin in just a week for someone who doesnt know how to change the oil. what gives
    first ididnt buy my bike new. And the oil was already changed prior to my buy.. I just didnt know wher the filter is located yeah my buddy has hes bike shop so i get my shit fixed quick !

9. #3439 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    first ididnt buy my bike new. And the oil was already changed prior to my buy.. I just didnt know wher the filter is located yeah my buddy has hes bike shop so i get my shit fixed quick !
    Attached Images

10. #3440 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    .....photo.jpg