Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 217 of 634 FirstFirst ... 67167197207215216217218219227237267367 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 6336
  1. #2161 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Car tire?
    My exact thought at the time of reading that.
    Dan please provide pics...

2. #2162 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Has any body removed the stripes? Assume they are just vinyl, so warm up with a hair dryer and they should peel off?

3. #2163 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    If I remember correctly others on here have said if you get the flat black you can peel them off, otherwise I think they are clear coated? Something like that.

4. #2164 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    awesome thanks. Yeah my silver one arrived with red stripes, not really my colour thought they were going to be white.

5. #2165 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    dont know how to upload but aye I have gone over to the darkside (thats what they call using car tire on a bike "darksiding") , a popular change with those with 20+ years of biking under there belts for a slight change in handeling you increase tire life nearly 100 times over , (my motorcycle tires are wearing out at about 3k miles and car tire will get about 250k on a bike , probably outlast the bike)

and LOL if you think that was good , I also mounted a speaker cabinet with 2-8" woofers to my sissybar with built on car stereo :p , jammin SLAYER while roaring down the highway at 75 (indicated)

as for the shift rod , lowes carries welding material solid rods , hollow rods , both square and round and plate material various sizes and thicknesses
    buy yourself a Rod , stainless steel rod is what I used , goto nearest garage have em CUT the threads off the old rod and weld em onto the new rod (previously cut to length of coarse) /done

or PM me ill give address to mail me the rod and 20 bucks ill weld it up and send it back to ya

6. #2166 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I am new to the forum and to the DF world - had Harley's and Ducati's before, but now the proud owner of flat black DF 250 RTB delivered yesterday. Will post pictures as soon as I have her out of the crate.

I have a couple of questions - hope someone can help? I have scanned through the thread, but would like to know:
    1. I know I have to drain and replace the oil, but what about brake fluid - any bleeding and filling required as well?
    2. Can anyone let me know where in the thread I can read up on how to remove the smog pump and if there is a standard block-off plate I can buy from the internet (or do I have to create my own?)
    3. Also, anyone ever registered one of these in Georgia?

Thanks!
    Last edited by garryo; 06-20-2012 at 09:11 PM.

7. #2167 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Sorry I can't answer your questions but I have one for you. Where did you buy it from. Most places are out of the flat black. Best, Xeta

8. #2168 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by garryo View Post
    I am new to the forum and to the DF world - had Harley's and Ducati's before, but now the proud owner of flat black DF 250 TRB delivered yesterday. Will post pictures as soon as I have her out of the crate.

I have a couple of questions - hope someone can help? I have scanned through the thread, but would like to know:
    1. I know I have to drain and replace the oil, but what about brake fluid - any bleeding and filling required as well?
    2. Can anyone let me know where in the thread I can read up on how to remove the smog pump and if there is a standard block-off plate I can buy from the internet (or do I have to create my own?)
    3. Also, anyone ever registered one of these in Georgia?

Thanks!
    Brakes should be good to go (if not spongy). Don't forget the initial valve adjustment, on the engine.
    Air induction; You have to make your own block off plate. In the mean time go to AutoZone and get an assortment of rubber vacuum nipples. put a large one on the inlet pipe coming out of the exhaust pipe area and a small one on the carb vacuum take off pipe. Remove all plumbing between these two points.
    I think their is someone on this forum that is registered in Ga.

DO NOT depend on assembly (in china) to have every nut & bolt properly tightened.
    Also, invest is a tube of blue loctite. Vibration does tend to loosen fasteners. You must check often, on this motorcycle!

If you read this entire post, you will pick up some GOOD tips.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

9. #2169 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks Sr.Mailman - appreciate the fast response and I have scanned through the thread - wish the search function was more user friendly - not easy to remember where I've read what

Xeta,

I phoned the customer number on this site - strange thing was - it rang through directly to Scooter Depot - so they're related. They have a lower advertised price as Scooter Depot though. I paid $1,999 plus $199 shipping. I spoke to a lady and said that I wanted flat black as my first choice and flat black as my second choice.... She looked at the stock list, said they had one available and that was that - I ordered it. It took 2 weeks to get to me - got it yesterday - everything fine except for the right rear turnsignal which was broken - will follow up with thir customer service now. here is the site:

http://www.motorsportsdepot.com/250c...s-D250RTB.html

10. #2170 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanx for the info! I'm waiting on word from CCW from a bad sale that fell through. Totally want the flat black! Much better price than on ScooterDepot! D'Ohhh! Hey, did you pay the $69 warranty in that too?

Are all these selling DFs still 2010 models?