Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 231 of 634 FirstFirst ... 81181211221229230231232233241251281381 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 6336
  1. #2301 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pilot View Post
    Does anyone know if Old Bike Barns part #of 33339339 or jtr279.35t--- 35t rear sprocket (520have chain) will match the bike on the rear? Or is it too loose of a fit?
    Yes it will fit. That is where I bought mine. I went with the 38 tooth. But might try the 35 tooth, later on down the road. But I am happy with the 38.

2. #2302 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sweet! Ill order it today! I want to hold 55-60mph with no vapor lock from throttle...
    b.t.w. i figured out if you have less than 1/2 tank it will vapor lock at high speeds or up steep hills, sound abnormal?

3. #2303 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Sweet! Ill order it today! I want to hold 55-60mph with no vapor lock from throttle...
    b.t.w. i figured out if you have less than 1/2 tank it will vapor lock at high speeds or up steep hills, sound abnormal?
    Not at all. This the first bike I have ever had that just would't die when it hit researve. It starts missing and dogging. I know then to flip to reserve.

Go figure. Nothing to fret about, just getting use to it. lol

4. #2304 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    You might cocider the 38 tooth sprocket.

5. #2305 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i ordered the 38t, i thought the 35 may be a little ambitious for cincinnati hills... but everyone here drives like a jackwagon so hopefully she'll scoot and climb( sounds like the ultimate test around here)
    ive been reading about the gas cap leaking problems, does a hair tie really make a good sealing gasket? its annoying to fill up the tank and have it slopping off the other side...

6. #2306 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I have a 37 tooth rear sprocket. I have a few 5 - 8% grades, and there is a long hill with over 1000 feet gained in three miles that starts at 55 mph, increases to 65 near the top. I weigh about 135, and I am able to go the speed limit the entire time. At a stop light, I go from 0 mph immediately to an 8% grade with a posted speed of 45 mph. I am able to keep up with other cars heading up the hill. My base elevation is 3000 feet. My 37 tooth sprocket is not too weak to give me enough torque to get me going. I'm happy with my sprocket, even with the hills that are more like mountains. I live in Southern Utah and I don't think there is a flat spot over a mile long within 50 miles.
    A hair tie works wonderful around the gas cap. I wouldn't call it a sealing gasket, it's more of a vapor catcher. I went from a streaked tank to a clean tank unless I spilt fueling up. The band stays put, doesn't interfere with anything, and works wonderfully. I've used the same one since the end of May and haven't rinsed it off or anything.
    DF 250 RTB

7. #2307 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    stock is 15/42 if I recall 2.8 ratio which maxs at about 60 mph

with my car tire and sprocket set up I run about the equivalant of a 32 tooth rear (2.13 ratio for your bike) nearly a 33% increase over stock
    17/35 2.05 ratio for my bike with smaller rear tire lowering ratio slightly more (I have fit a 428 chain +17 tooth front sprocket that the 520 chain cannot fit) which dragged about 40% more out of my gears

@ 175 lb I can shift from 4th into 5th at 70 , but if its a pretty hot day which is very common in texas : ( I cannot accelerate anymore without drafting making 5th mostly an overdrive gear on desolate highways , but on a cooler day say 85-90 degree's it pulls cleanly to 80 +(indicated) which is very close to fast lane highway speeds (highways speeds in texas are obscenely high 70-85)

when I got my bike and rode her for the 1st time 1st gear was as can only be described as a stump puller or snow plow gear , going totally unused untill I regeared , now 1st is about where second was then , 4th pulls a fair bit further than 5th did , and my motor humms along at 70-75 instead of screaming at 60

but how u gear it depends on you and where you live , are there alot of hills ? are you as round as you are tall ? whats the average temperature mid summer ?
    hilly add a few teeth , heavy too add a few more , I think 35 will work well for ya (2.33 ratio about a 20% increase)

im pretty light and the land is flat for what seems like forever and besides the very middle of summer (a third of our year here) temp low enough to let motor wind out

and the gas condensates onto the tank not really leaking , which a hair tie takes care of , the leaking comes from tank welds breaking : \
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 07-24-2012 at 07:08 AM.

8. #2308 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Good Morning guys and gals. I'm posting in here cause Tha Heist thread has gone quiet and what the hell. I was a second away from ordering the DF after a dealer tried to sell me a bum Heist as new condition when it had all kinds of issues from rust to sun damage (short version). The deal fell through obviously and I put an order for the DF at Scooterdepot. Then another deal came through for Tha Heist direct from Weaver Rides that same day so I bit the bullet once more.

I'm a total noob with motorcycles but have ridden automatic Scooters for four years. Any noobs here buy the DF? How long did it take to get a handle on shifting the Bobber? Taking off from first without stalling and gearing down before lights etc. A part of me wishes to be back on a lighter bike though I absolutely love Tha Heist's look. Any tips on when to shift in MPH util I get a better feel for the engine telling me when to shift? Tips welcome.

Best,
    Xeta

9. #2309 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    stock gearing ? something like 11 , 22 , 33 , 44

10. #2310 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks! Ill try the hair tie thing, and around here we have alot of short steep ones(mostly valleys in cincinnati) but i been riding about 5 years ill just pull tbrottle, here it's the humidity not heat.. average summer has about 80%it humidity almost everyday(jusy shy of Louisiana). The old bike barn was out of 38t
    So i ordered a 35t well see how it goes
    and as far as shifting?
    My opinion for tbe DF is 5,12,20,35,45+