Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 97 of 634 FirstFirst ... 4777879596979899107117147247 ... LastLast
  1. #961 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Anyone have any success getting parts from Chad at extremescooters? I sat on hold with Sunny Sports parts for 20 minutes today and then was told I have to deal with Chad since I bought through him. I need a gas tank (leaking), and left mirror (sent two right ones), and a shift linkage rod (broke). I emailed him June 29th and it is now August 2nd and I still don't have any "warranty" parts. Chad always sends me a copy of his email to some Kelly about the parts but I never see a response from her. Any parts suggestions?

2. #962 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Is your gas tank leaking from the cap? That's actually condensation building up from the cap's vent. Not a defect. I posted earlier about using an elastic ponytail band placed around the cap to wick-up the moisture.

If you've got a leak from the bottom, check the snugness of the petcock. Worst case senerio... I'll sell you my take-off tank.

/Mike

3. #963 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Sent Chad another email, looks like I might get something this time. Here is what he wrote me:
    Good news, I sat on hold for 30 minutes, finally got Kelly on the phone. He entered all 3 parts in their system to ship, he said they should go out tomorrow. I apologized for the delay, he said he has over 200 emails to get through. So I will make sure I call him when parts are needed.

Thanks,
    Chad

I'll report back if I actually get the parts. I do have to admit Chad has always responded to my emails, I think Sunny Sports is the problem.

4. #964 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Seems like I have one small problem after another. Now I notice a rattle coming from the exhaust pipe when i pick up speed. If you tap on the exhaust around where that silver heat shield is it sounds like something has broken loose inside the exhaust. Anyone else have that problem?

5. #965 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    Seems like I have one small problem after another. Now I notice a rattle coming from the exhaust pipe when i pick up speed. If you tap on the exhaust around where that silver heat shield is it sounds like something has broken loose inside the exhaust. Anyone else have that problem?
    There is a catalytic converter in the pipe at that point. Unbolt the exhaust pipe/muffler and have a look up the pipe with a good flashlight. Maybe you can remove the cat to get rid of the rattle.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #966 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ok i got mine today! everything was great when it was packaged. so the 100 mile break in i get a broken shift linkage at 30 miles. got stuck, had to run to my brothers house to literally make another one with a thread tap kit. Let me tell you, my homemade one is WAYYYYY better than the oem one. shifts like butter now. On my way home i hit 73 miles and the GAS TANK STARTS LEAKING im like FML! i had to ride it home with a rag on the leak because i had no other option. got home. seen that it was leaking from the welds where the tap the mounting screws into. so i water welded both sides just incase. other than that. its fine for now. can't wait to put my new jet and sprocket on.

Cliff Notes:

breaking motor in gently.
    shift linkage breaks at 30 miles
    gas tank leaks at 73 miles.
    had to ride bike home with my life in danger
    jb welded the welds on the gas tank. it had a TINYYY crack in the welds.

and i get a oily/gassy mixture leak from my gas cap, any clue?

pic of bike

7. #967 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    man, you were lucky and it is fortunate you are so skilled.
    for me, that would end 100 odd pages of great biking reads and all the enthusiasm. Cold
    more than one fuel tank problem seen with this bike if i remember?
    there should be zero, it is too critical, too dangerous

great that the importers seem to try but in the end, quality control and bits so poor and defective and dangerous, fuck it, no one should sell them
    its the old chinabike story STILL
    peoples lives are not a numbers game, "only one in ten/twenty has such problems" or such thinking is no good to a dude's wife or family if he just crispied himself on a 100 mile first run
    not worth the money saving

good luck from now on mate, the sellers should send you a new tank and $500 voucher as an apology - now I bet they say you voided the warranty
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

8. #968 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    evokid8,
    Ah the joys of Chinese bike ownership.

I like the silver colored tank and fenders with the black headlight bucket, tail light, speedometer case, and turn signals.
    Seems to be a lot of different color combinations.

I did the JB weld on a small leak on my tank also. No leak around the gas cap on my DF. Chad sent me a new tank which is still in the box.

Kinda hot in Big H now? Nice hood. You live around the Village?

9. #969 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    nope lol i live on the northside champion forest/1960 area. so i went ahead and called JC at expressATVs and he is sending me a new tank hassle free, i didn't even bother asking for another shitty shift linkage. btw i got the bike for 2120 shipped to my door if anyone was curious.

10. #970 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by evokid8 View Post
    nope lol i live on the northside champion forest/1960 area. so i went ahead and called JC at expressATVs and he is sending me a new tank hassle free, i didn't even bother asking for another shitty shift linkage. btw i got the bike for 2120 shipped to my door if anyone was curious.
    evo,
    Good price.
    Please post photos of your shift linkage improvement?