Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 242 of 634 FirstFirst ... 92192222232240241242243244252262292392 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 6336
  1. #2411 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post

SR-Mail Thank you, thinking dido on the r/r, ordered today.
    Ghost, battery & stator tested good not getting a charge back to the battery. Got to be r/r.
    Let us know how it goes... don't forget to take somes pics

2. #2412 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    as I said to rollenrock 2 pages back , Ive had batteries that tested "good" even when they wer only charging to a max of a few amps .... , my "good" battery couldnt even kick the starter relay over , but read a solid 12 volts

3. #2413 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Way earlier in our forum, a member had issues with hie regulator/rectifier. So I knew this may come up. Looking for an improved r/r, the suggested choice (SR Mail) is a Mosfet FET style rather than our OEM Dongfang SCR style. "The FET has extremely low resistance in conducting state and this results in a lower dissipated power from the device while conducting load current, as opposed to the shunt SCR which shunts the maximum current across a significant volt drop, resulting in a higher dissipated power - and resulting temperature, much more so than the FET device."
    It is pricey, but spend 5 hours in a cornfield with a flask of vodka, and ask me again.
    Even if it turns out to be the battery or wires between strator & r/r, I'm happy to make a quality change.

4. #2414 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob

5. #2415 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    RR installed 001.jpgRR installed 002.jpg New Mosfet R/R installed. Moved forward to get room due to size of Harley tank. Provided line just long enough. Red little box (second pic) is the circuit breaker. Wires direct to battery, then to strattor. Rest of the original system separated. How well does it work? Borrowed meter not available today. Runs great.

Mixmaster, what bike is your tank from, looks alot like mine. I had to cut alot to get it to fit.

6. #2416 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    its a yamaha xs650 tank. No cutting needed just new mounting points. Did you use a satin finish paint on yours ,is it black or pewter?

7. #2417 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    its a yamaha xs650 tank. No cutting needed just new mounting points. Did you use a satin finish paint on yours ,is it black or pewter?
    Black satin, bad photos

Company called Color Rite, sells a 2 part rattle can satin clear paint that resists gas stains & temps. Base color of your choice.

Send pics when you finish tank, right now only a mother would love.

8. #2418 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Question for everyone, does anyone have any experience with Honda XR650L? From viewing pics they seem like the 650 motor could fit into our frames with some modifications. The motor is also aircooled, dry sump, same size drive chain. I tried looking for exact dimensional specs, but I'm not finding any. What does anyone else think?
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

9. #2419 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mrepooh View Post
    Question for everyone, does anyone have any experience with Honda XR650L? From viewing pics they seem like the 650 motor could fit into our frames with some modifications. The motor is also aircooled, dry sump, same size drive chain. I tried looking for exact dimensional specs, but I'm not finding any. What does anyone else think?
    I had a friend who's first reaction upon seeing my DF was you know, you could put a bigger motor in that. I told him if I wanted a bigger motor I would of bought a bike with a bigger motor. You're missing the whole point. "It is what it is." My last bike had over 1750 cc's. I have another bike with 900 cc's. What are you wanting to do? These bikes are perfect with the motor they have, Keep the bike. When you decide you need to go bigger, go bigger. But keep the DF back in the corner of the shed covered up with tarp. You'll be digging it out and riding it someday. My DF just hums along at 60, 65 mph.
    Modifiy the hell out of it, But once you throw another engine it, it is no longer a DF250RTB. You'll have to find another thread. I just put a tach on mine today. In fifth gear it rides 4 grand at 40 mph, 5 grand at 50 mph. 6 grand at 60 mph. That's with the 35 tooth rear.
    The one it should of came with.

DSC00015.jpg

Hey, you asked.

I love this bike for what it is.

P.S. A XR650L engine in the DF250RTB, the front end wouldn't be able to handle it.

10. #2420 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    I just put a tach on mine today. In fifth gear it rides 4 grand at 40 mph, 5 grand at 50 mph. 6 grand at 60 mph. That's with the 35 tooth rear.
    The one it should of came with.
    Please tell us about the tach. Which one did you go with and how was the install. Pic's and link please.