Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 256 of 634 FirstFirst ... 106206236246254255256257258266276306406 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 6336
  1. #2551 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    GonzoX, The seat cover came with the bike when I bought if of the dealer floor at Mad city Motorsports Madison Wisc, They said they had them made up for them at a leather shop although it’s just “ Faux” Leather with a canvas back. It stretches a bit and has padding under it and then cross Velcro’s underneath very secure. Pretty simple design. I can call them and see if they will sell them separately and cost. Or find out if they can make in other materials. They have the pattern and that’s half the problem, I have to call them anyhow soon to get my cheap emergency tool kit. The seat cover idea actually isn’t bad because you could add( Stuff) way more foam padding and be a bit more comfy than a hard leather seat and it looks pretty clean. Or it could be done the same way but in real leather. Anyhow it was clever. I am sure you could just pull your seat and have it custom covered by a shop for a price. Lots of guys have adapted new seats with bracket work etc, with good luck .
    I will post the info when I get it. Great mod for anyone who wants a fast fix of the rubber seatBobber 250 sm wide.jpg
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

2. #2552 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here is another couple of views of the seat cover Bobber seat Forum pict 1.jpgBobber seat 2 Forum.jpg

3. #2553 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Oh Yeh... my seat if off to the left a inch ...need to fix with the now famous Jack handle muscle mod!

4. #2554 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Seat looks sweet.I wanted to ride this morning but the battery wasn't cooperating with me, she just would not start.I know I was due for a new battey, been recharging this one once or twice a week lately, so I have it on the charger now.Hoping to go home at lunch and start her up to ride today. Also have some noises coming from the starter.. but 7540 miles on it, cannot complain if the thing is going out on it.Bad part is ,the starter is the only way to start this thing...no kick start for this bike.I find that odd, most bikes have them.Do they not? Gonna start looking into where and how much one is gonna cost. Anyone have any ideas where to look?

5. #2555 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Also have some noises coming from the starter.. but 7540 miles on it, cannot complain if the thing is going out on it.Bad part is ,the starter is the only way to start this thing...no kick start for this bike.I find that odd, most bikes have them.Do they not? Gonna start looking into where and how much one is gonna cost. Anyone have any ideas where to look?
    I'm seeing them listed with 9, 10 or 11 teeth. And so the searching begins... LOL
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

6. #2556 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I'm seeing them listed with 9, 10 or 11 teeth. And so the searching begins... LOL
    Listed where??? got a link.

7. #2557 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    -Bummer , I would definitely Replace or test the Battery first. Not ruling out a bad starter but some but low current, can cause some strange noise from the starter when there is low voltage going to it. One would think you could call Scooter depot and they would have them
    In stock. Wishful thinking. They may at least tell where one can get one or correct cross over info.
    - For now You can bump start it on payment. Flip the Key, choke on, Kill switch in on position, neutral, Get a push or do what I always
    Did when I was a kid. Run along side it in first or second gear with clutch pulled in and dump the clutch when it starts pull the clutch in fast and hop on… Should start easy. This is one nice thing about this light bike. Let us know.

8. #2558 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Went to walmart last night and picked up a new battery, did the deed with it, charged it over night, and she cranked up fine this morning..been a week since I could ride her..cause of the weather,now I had a good ride into work this morning,and hope the rest of the day stays fair..we have rain in the forecast. Starter was still a bit fickle though. Like a dead spot in it..so maybe with the extra juice this new battery had,it forced it to work..but I am still gonna keep an eye open for a new one just incase. I do alot of stopping when I run around, I have 7549 miles on her, and I can say that in my running around I may hit like 8 to 10 places and restart that many times pretty much every day or so. So the starter goes through alot.

9. #2559 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I was just looking at that starter the other day and wondering how hard it was going to be to find a replacement. When and if you do find one please post it here with a link.

10. #2560 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I would imagine Honda has a replacement? The guys at my local Honda shop have been pretty helpful with small items. next time I'm in there I'll ask them if they have anything like it.