Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 363 of 634 FirstFirst ... 213313343353361362363364365373383413513 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 6336
  1. #3621 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Which is why I left it on. The popping doesnt bother me. Hell it reminds four wheel folks that Im there and that's not a bad thing. This thing isnt a Harley with a loud straight exhaust so I do want people to hear me since most of them seem to not see me, if you know what I mean. Even this bright orange t-shirt doest help.
    So being one of the few that has left it on, could you tell me what hose you are using out of the engine, each hose i try ends up melting in just minutes...

Seems i cant find anything high enough temp in 3/8" ID

2. #3622 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    any one run 10w-30 conventional in their bike?
    Last edited by axa; 06-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.

3. #3623 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    any one run 10w-30 conventional in their bike?
    I feel that would be to thin unless you live in a cold environment.I run 10w40 conventional motorcycle oil or 15w40 diesel oil.The diesel oil route is cheaper than moto oils.Avoid car oil as they have friction modifiers that can cause the clutch to slip and burn up.I am experimenting with 20w50 V twin full synthetic oil.So far it's not stellar in my V Star after 900 miles.

4. #3624 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I don't have a Dong Fang. I live in Hawaii on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is now 2:23PM, and at 2:15 we had a 5.something earthquake. Shook my house pretty good. Here I can easily run 15W-40 or 20W-50 even, as the temp never gets below maybe 60 degrees. When I lived in the Puget Sound area of Washington State one bike I had was a KLR650 Kawasaki. I rode in year round even down to 25 degrees. Once I tried 15W-40, instead of the normal 10W-40 I ran in it, and the 15W-40 made the bike have a very scary knock. Went back to the 10W-40, and no more problem. Harely's run 20W-50 even in the cold.

5. #3625 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    I don't have a Dong Fang. I live in Hawaii on the Big Island of Hawaii. It is now 2:23PM, and at 2:15 we had a 5.something earthquake. Shook my house pretty good. Here I can easily run 15W-40 or 20W-50 even, as the temp never gets below maybe 60 degrees. When I lived in the Puget Sound area of Washington State one bike I had was a KLR650 Kawasaki. I rode in year round even down to 25 degrees. Once I tried 15W-40, instead of the normal 10W-40 I ran in it, and the 15W-40 made the bike have a very scary knock. Went back to the 10W-40, and no more problem. Harely's run 20W-50 even in the cold.
    Yep.Harley's have loose tolerances compared to Asian motorcycles and they need the extra viscosity to protect their internals.

6. #3626 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    I feel that would be to thin unless you live in a cold environment.I run 10w40 conventional motorcycle oil or 15w40 diesel oil.The diesel oil route is cheaper than moto oils.Avoid car oil as they have friction modifiers that can cause the clutch to slip and burn up.I am experimenting with 20w50 V twin full synthetic oil.So far it's not stellar in my V Star after 900 miles.

I have no idea what temp these engines are running but I cant find a hose I can put on the secondary intake that wont melt in minutes... best not to push it i suppose

i just happen to have 3 gallons of Rottella T 10W 30 conventional lying around and hoped to use it. i suppose ill put that in my car in the summers and pick up some 10W 40 for the bike...
    id like to be able to start it easy in the winters as well

7. #3627 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey Churk,

I'm still around reading post. I just haven't been able to save enough to buy new tank. But as you know here in fl I can ride year round. So I'm just tring to get the bike paid off. I said that before and just kept buying things. So now that I can't ride I'm sticking to my guns and paying it off. My brother had me pull it out the other day so his daughter could take a picture with it. But I still come read post I just don't comment as much because I don't have the bike running. But soon as I get tank and battery ill be posting photos and writing more. Till then I'm listening.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #3628 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by chruk bashre View Post
    i used drag bars whenever i could. both sportsters, and when i bought the intruder, i pick the one with the drag bars. i like the look of drags on the dfrtb but the cables must be pinched.
    but then again, thats only experience telling me that. the daytona bars took a lot of work to make right on this bike. i think the stock upside down are not only perfect all the way around, for feel, cable room, clutch lever free acting better than ever, and the look is great.
    Attachment 11787

so did someone goof up on the assembly line again with the bars? could be. 10,000* bikes later,"hey those are on wong"., wong answered "yes" not knowing the boss meant 'wrong'.
    *(or how ever many they made. i am sure someone is looking that up right now )
    Btw I think you should post some of your photos on Facebook before I have to steal another one.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #3629 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    So being one of the few that has left it on, could you tell me what hose you are using out of the engine, each hose i try ends up melting in just minutes...

Seems i cant find anything high enough temp in 3/8" ID
    Sorry Bro, wish I could tell you.

All I did was take the original one down to Oreilly auto parts and they gave me a better one. The best they had was actually red in color and I told them that would not work for me. Has to be black. But looking at posts from the pasts I have to say that ANYTHING American made will be better than stock. At least this one has reinforcement threading.

10. #3630 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I have no idea what temp these engines are running but I cant find a hose I can put on the secondary intake that wont melt in minutes... best not to push it i suppose

i just happen to have 3 gallons of Rottella T 10W 30 conventional lying around and hoped to use it. i suppose ill put that in my car in the summers and pick up some 10W 40 for the bike...
    id like to be able to start it easy in the winters as well
    One thing I forgot to mention axa is that when I got mine from the parts store I told them I needed one that worked with high tempretures. Just something to keep in mind. If all else fails you can always block the darn thing I guess. I havent had any issues with my replacement.

I did look at the markings on mine if that will help:

"Fuel vapor > PCV / EEC < 3/8"