Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 400 of 634 FirstFirst ... 250350380390398399400401402410420450550 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 6336
  1. #3991 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Hello All!!

I am new here and have a lot to go over, so here we go. I've been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now, and am currently up to page 230. I feel like I know all of you and THANK YOU for all the valuable tips and tricks. I also am glad to see that barnone has come back to the forum. At page 230, you are still gone, barnone!! Thanks to you guys, I now all about the sprocket mods, battery problems, gas tank leaks, hard neutral finding, valve adjustments etc........I also know not to make ANY mods till I get the bike running "normally". By the way, there was NO gasoline smell form the tank. I know that others had reported a gasoline odor.

My DF showed up this morning, and thanks to all of you, I knew exactly what to look for when it showed up. Bought the DF from gokartsusa.com. for about $2195, no tax, free shipping.

DF came in the usual cardboard packaging, wrapped in plastic, shipping straps, bubble wrap on the tank and all the plastic coverings on the lights/gas cap etc. Was pretty satisifed with the packaging and condition of the bike EXCEPT the wooden pallate was MIA, and the shift rod was broke, and the shift lever foot peg is missing. I actually saw the shift foot peg bracket laying on the floor of the truck and picked it up. I made the driver stay while I unpacked it and took pictures. He noted on the delivery form about the damage. I am going to call gokartusa about the damaged parts, but I don't expect to get much help from them. I may have to have the shift rod fabricated.

Other than that, the bike looks beautiful, and is in great condition. The tank and fenders were spotless. The battery and mirrors are there.

In the next few days I will finish the unpacking/assembly and then the fun stuff starts!!

Thanks again everybody, and see the pics below.
    welcome , As price is the same, im curious why you chose the old 2010 model over the 2012.
    The potential to develop a tank leak removed it from my consideration.
    I assumed the fresher battery would reduce potential problems there as well.
    But i do like the look of that old tank.
    Last edited by axa; 07-18-2013 at 03:53 AM.

2. #3992 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Here is a link to the tank I've purchased. Now all i need is the Cap and a new battery and i'll be back on the road.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261232129894...witem=&vxp=mtr
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #3993 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Here is a link to the tank I've purchased. Now all i need is the Cap and a new battery and i'll be back on the road.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261232129894...witem=&vxp=mtr

Crelow, it looks good..................How does its tunnel measurements compare to your old tank?
    Post some pics when you get it mounted.

4. #3994 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    IMG_2187.JPG
    A little better photo showing the hairpin cotter key securing the seat.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #3995 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hello All!!

I am new here and have a lot to go over, so here we go. I've been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now, and am currently up to page 230. I feel like I know all of you and THANK YOU for all the valuable tips and tricks. I also am glad to see that barnone has come back to the forum. At page 230, you are still gone, barnone!! Thanks to you guys, I now all about the sprocket mods, battery problems, gas tank leaks, hard neutral finding, valve adjustments etc........I also know not to make ANY mods till I get the bike running "normally". By the way, there was NO gasoline smell form the tank. I know that others had reported a gasoline odor.

My DF showed up this morning, and thanks to all of you, I knew exactly what to look for when it showed up. Bought the DF from gokartsusa.com. for about $2195, no tax, free shipping.

DF came in the usual cardboard packaging, wrapped in plastic, shipping straps, bubble wrap on the tank and all the plastic coverings on the lights/gas cap etc. Was pretty satisifed with the packaging and condition of the bike EXCEPT the wooden pallate was MIA, and the shift rod was broke, and the shift lever foot peg is missing. I actually saw the shift foot peg bracket laying on the floor of the truck and picked it up. I made the driver stay while I unpacked it and took pictures. He noted on the delivery form about the damage. I am going to call gokartusa about the damaged parts, but I don't expect to get much help from them. I may have to have the shift rod fabricated.

Other than that, the bike looks beautiful, and is in great condition. The tank and fenders were spotless. The battery and mirrors are there.

In the next few days I will finish the unpacking/assembly and then the fun stuff starts!!

Thanks again everybody, and see the pics below.
    Nick, do yourself a favor and buy a new replacement aftermarket rod. I have one. The link for it is in this thread somewhere but Ill be damned if I can find it on my PC. Could have sworn I saved the link.

Personally Im also still having problems after one year of ownership. Tank leaks, rust on spokes and now my brakes are mushy for no reason. It never ends. Ill start with the easy stuff first...TX Registration is due LOL.

6. #3996 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks Gonzox. I did find Alleykats link to Gravesport, and ordered a replacement rod. Good luck with your bike!

7. #3997 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thanks Gonzox. I did find Alleykats link to Gravesport, and ordered a replacement rod. Good luck with your bike!
    http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Mot...Shift-Rod.html
    And the size (length) is?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #3998 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Hello All. been away for sometime due to my problems with my bikes fender. As you may recall from a previous post.. I bought my 2012 non-springer back in march. The fender was rubbing against the tire and ripped off the clips on the inside of the fender that hold the brake wires.. as well as destroyed the wires..

Scooter depot first sent me a tail light replacement that was made too short and the wire did not reach the oil tank harness. Next they made me custom brackets to try and lift the fender and it required me to do welding on the fame. I refused to do this. Next.. I was waiting..since march for just a total replacement of the fender, supports, and light.. apparently they have been on back order I called literally twice a week... every week since I bought the bike.. and i was eventually told it may be a year before they were available...

I finally flipped out called my bank.. who then called sunnysports.. and was all prepared to do a full charge back.. since the bike was suppose to be brand new and working.. and it's not what i got..

I then got a call from sunnysports (scooterdepot) from a manager who said he would personally have somehting in the mail for me in one week. He took a fender from the old 2010 style... made custom arched brackets that attach where the turn signals would mount on that model.. and fit it for the 2012... Not sure how it is going to look.. as it has not arrived yet.. but the riding season is comning to and end here in new England and I have yet to been able to even register this bike. Lets hope after all this that the damn thing is RI compliant.

Anyway.. since I already repainted my tank and fenders a satin black... and this new frankenstein fender will need paint.. im just going to rip it all down and use my HVLP and redo it all semi-gloss black..

I have so many hours into this bike and have not even had it on 2 lane road yet.

The reason i bought the 2012 and not the 2010 was because i liked the lines of the bike... lets hope this fender style does not ruin it.

I finally got the fender they made and the brackets in.. the brackets were ABSOLUTE garbage.. worst welds I have ever seen.. and of course they snapped as soon as I tried to put them on. I brought them down to a local shop and had them re-weld all 4 spots for 20 bux. Very goood welds now... nice and strong. I re did all the paint. I mixed 1 cup semi gloss black, 2 cups flat black, and 3 cups mineral spirits and ran it through my HVLP. As far as i know.. I am the only person in the world with this rear fender setup and paint tone on this bike.

The fender that they made... basically they took the fender off the 2010 model and cast an exact fiberglass copy of it. Then they bolted the fiber glass copy to the 2010 fender and shaved it down.. It is DEF not the same quality thick steel as the original.. but at least its all together now.. been waiting since march to get this on the road. i go to the registry tomorrow.. I hope RI will accept it! These are not the best pictures of the paint because I used a really old phone to take them.. but gives you an idea. The paint is a little bit more glossy in person. Cheers!

P.S.

Don't mind all the crap laying in my yard. We are in the middle of a renovation at the house (:

9. #3999 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Senior
    Need some help guys. Still an newb.

I need a brake master cylinder and not sure what to look for. The specs on this one seem to fit:

It says 7/8 bar, 12.7mm piston. Advertises that it works with M10x1.25 Brake Light Switch.
    Is this what we have? I have no clue if this will work or fit other than the handlebar size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370848927125...ht_2027wt_1004

Any insight appreciated.

Also found this one for cheap, sez bore size 14mm, 7/8 and right side only:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-7...845faa&vxp=mtr

It seems to be a better deal at half the cost since I only need one. Not sure why they sell them in pairs. Makes no sense to me. This one has a bigger bore size as well. Just not sure about the connection size and what electrical plug ours has. This cheaper one doesnt even seem to have an electrical connection that I can see.

10. #4000 Re: /wrists 
    GonzoX,

Did you try Scooter Depot PARTS/TECH INQUIRY
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/service_center/
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/parts_htm...arts_list.html
    Or search Ebay Motors
    with "250cc brake master cylinder right"
    yields hits like
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Master...02e17d&vxp=mtr
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG