Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 401 of 634 FirstFirst ... 251351381391399400401402403411421451551 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 6336
  1. #4001 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    Crelow, it looks good..................How does its tunnel measurements compare to your old tank?
    Post some pics when you get it mounted.
    Trust me I'll definitely have pictures to show. the tank come in the mail tomorrow.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

2. #4002 Re: /wrists 
    Nice Photos. thanks for Sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    I finally got the fender they made and the brackets in.. the brackets were ABSOLUTE garbage.. worst welds I have ever seen.. and of course they snapped as soon as I tried to put them on. I brought them down to a local shop and had them re-weld all 4 spots for 20 bux. Very goood welds now... nice and strong. I re did all the paint. I mixed 1 cup semi gloss black, 2 cups flat black, and 3 cups mineral spirits and ran it through my HVLP. As far as i know.. I am the only person in the world with this rear fender setup and paint tone on this bike.

The fender that they made... basically they took the fender off the 2010 model and cast an exact fiberglass copy of it. Then they bolted the fiber glass copy to the 2010 fender and shaved it down.. It is DEF not the same quality thick steel as the original.. but at least its all together now.. been waiting since march to get this on the road. i go to the registry tomorrow.. I hope RI will accept it! These are not the best pictures of the paint because I used a really old phone to take them.. but gives you an idea. The paint is a little bit more glossy in person. Cheers!

P.S.

Don't mind all the crap laying in my yard. We are in the middle of a renovation at the house (:

2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

3. #4003 Re: /wrists 
    Bobthebobber,
    That rear fender looks good on your DF and so does your daughter.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #4004 Re: /wrists 
    Yep.Future bike rider right there.Fender does look good.

5. #4005 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Hello All!!

I am new here and have a lot to go over, so here we go. I've been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now, and am currently up to page 230. I feel like I know all of you and THANK YOU for all the valuable tips and tricks. I also am glad to see that barnone has come back to the forum. At page 230, you are still gone, barnone!! Thanks to you guys, I now all about the sprocket mods, battery problems, gas tank leaks, hard neutral finding, valve adjustments etc........I also know not to make ANY mods till I get the bike running "normally". By the way, there was NO gasoline smell form the tank. I know that others had reported a gasoline odor.

My DF showed up this morning, and thanks to all of you, I knew exactly what to look for when it showed up. Bought the DF from gokartsusa.com. for about $2195, no tax, free shipping.

DF came in the usual cardboard packaging, wrapped in plastic, shipping straps, bubble wrap on the tank and all the plastic coverings on the lights/gas cap etc. Was pretty satisifed with the packaging and condition of the bike EXCEPT the wooden pallate was MIA, and the shift rod was broke, and the shift lever foot peg is missing. I actually saw the shift foot peg bracket laying on the floor of the truck and picked it up. I made the driver stay while I unpacked it and took pictures. He noted on the delivery form about the damage. I am going to call gokartusa about the damaged parts, but I don't expect to get much help from them. I may have to have the shift rod fabricated.

Other than that, the bike looks beautiful, and is in great condition. The tank and fenders were spotless. The battery and mirrors are there.

In the next few days I will finish the unpacking/assembly and then the fun stuff starts!!

Thanks again everybody, and see the pics below.

Update on the DF I received last wednesday:

1. Finished upacking it this weekend.
    2. Shift linkage and missing shift toe peg are on order.
    3. Battery filled, charged and installed.
    4. Oil drained and re-filled.

OK, here's my starting question/problem.

1. Trans in neutral (green light on)
    2. Key on (speedo/lights come on)
    3. Clutch and brake levers engaged.
    4. Kill switch in Run position.

When I press the "start" button, I am getting no response. No click, no crank, no nothing. It's like power is not being sent to the starter. I am only up to page 230 in this thread, and don't remember seeing this issue. Has anybody else had this happen? Anybody have any ideas? I am going to start trouble-shooting by jumping/bypassing the clutch and brake lever electrical connections. Oh, and I checked the fuse just for the fun of it, and it is OK.

Any advice would be appreciated, Nick.
    Last edited by Nick Papageorgio; 07-22-2013 at 04:28 PM.

6. #4006 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I'd check the Battery for Voltage. then check the wiring harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    Update on the DF I received last wednesday:

1. Finished upacking it this weekend.
    2. Shift linkage and missing shift toe peg are on order.
    3. Battery filled, charged and installed.
    4. Oil drained and re-filled.

OK, here's my starting question/problem.

1. Trans in neutral (green light)
    2. Key on (speedo/lights come on)
    3. Clutch and brake levers engaged.
    4. Kill switch in Run position.

When I press the "start" button, I am getting no response. No click, no crank, no nothing. It's like power is not being sent to the starter. I am only up to page 230 in this thread, and don't remember seeing this issue. Has anybody else had this happen? Anybody have any ideas? I am going to start trouble-shooting by jumping/bypassing the clutch and brake lever electrical connections. Oh, and I checked the fuse just for the fun of it, and it is OK.

Any advice would be appreciated, Nick.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

7. #4007 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Bobthebobber,
    That rear fender looks good on your DF and so does your daughter.
    All registered and insured. Took her out today.. couldnt seem to really get it past 50 mph even with a 35tooth and my 140 pounds. I didn't really push it too much since its new.. but when I did the Air injection line blew apart... and man did that make the bike loud. I threw a new line on it and it runs fine. I def need to replace that system and cap it off so it doesnt happen again.

8. #4008 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    All registered and insured. Took her out today.. couldnt seem to really get it past 50 mph even with a 35tooth and my 140 pounds. I didn't really push it too much since its new.. but when I did the Air injection line blew apart... and man did that make the bike loud. I threw a new line on it and it runs fine. I def need to replace that system and cap it off so it doesnt happen again.
    there are those on this site that will tell you that there must be something wrong with your sais pump, at least thats what i was told here when i had this problem.
    But its not true i broke down the entire system to check for malfunction and found none.

Now i dont have much experiance in sais, but the only other one ive observed used a metal pipe instead.
    Really the way mine was just blowing hoses, makes me think a rubber hose in this design is perhaps flawed.

Anyway, you will cap it off so thats that.

9. #4009 Re: /wrists 
    0722131454-00.jpg

Got my Florida tag in the mail today so I took her for her first real ride. Hooked up my trailer and made a garbage run to the dump and then on to town to buy some items.

She is running just fine but I kept her below 50 MPH for the break in period. Seems real solid and handles the curves just fine.

0722131325-01.jpg
    I'm telling all the gawkers that she is a 1937 Indian and that makes them happy.

0722131325-00.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #4010 Re: /wrists 
    Anyone take a hole saw to their catalytic converter on their 2012? If you look up the tail pipe with a flash light you will see it.
    I runs real hot as my infrared temperature indicators showed.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG