Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 402 of 634 FirstFirst ... 252352382392400401402403404412422452552 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 6336
  1. #4011 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Anyone take a hole saw to their catalytic converter on their 2012? If you look up the tail pipe with a flash light you will see it.
    I runs real hot as my infrared temperature indicators showed.

I have not. I found a video online where a guy drilled his entire pipe billet style so it had a bunch of holes. I melted my boot to my exhaust today.. so now it looks kinda ugly lol. This being said.. i agree is runs hot. I don't understand this talk of people having their bikes on the freeway doing consistent 60+mph. I ran her flat out on a decline and hit about 50-55 with a 35 rear sprocket. As soon as I hit any variation of incline, she would only do about 40 mph (indicated) in 4th gear at full throttle (5th being more of an over drive or on flat road). I was hoping to do a few short slow lane trips on the highway, but it looks like she will just be a go around town weekend bike. I don't know if i would trust this bike on the highway even if it could do the 65 mph required.

2. #4012 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Guru
    u put on a more restrictive air cleaner didn't u bob ? using the STOCK cleaner and having spun it around into the airflow to create a makeshift "airram" is how I consistently run 65 on the highway (Ive pegged 80 when it was wicked cold out = cold means more air into engine) , the bike is a bored out 125 cc it still has the throat of a 125 if u choke it anymore than it comes (more restrictive filter) performance IMMEDIATELY suffers

and nick , try jumping it from another battery

I had what the charger said was a "good battery" and it read 13.8 volts or such , but wouldn't push enough AMPS to even make the started do anything at all , sounds just like your problem eh ?
    hooked up jumper cabled to a good battery it fired right up

3. #4013 Re: /wrists 
    I drilled out the catalytic converter on my ex 2010 and was just wondering if anyone has done it on the 2012.
    I'll run the hole saw up the pipe soon.
    My ex 2010 would run 68 MPH GPS verified when I upped the jets,etc. I'm sure the 2012 will do the same but I'm gonna break it in slow until I get to 300 miles on the odometer.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #4014 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    All registered and insured. Took her out today.. couldnt seem to really get it past 50 mph even with a 35tooth and my 140 pounds. I didn't really push it too much since its new.. but when I did the Air injection line blew apart... and man did that make the bike loud. I threw a new line on it and it runs fine. I def need to replace that system and cap it off so it doesnt happen again.
    Yep, happened to me2 first and last time I took it on a TX Hwy (did 55mph in a 75mph zone, not smart). Busted open and loud as hell and I could tell my engine was overheating to boot. Got a better hose but IMHO the capping it off thing is a better option.

5. #4015 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    GonzoX,

Did you try Scooter Depot PARTS/TECH INQUIRY
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/service_center/
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/parts_htm...arts_list.html
    Or search Ebay Motors
    with "250cc brake master cylinder right"
    yields hits like
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Master...02e17d&vxp=mtr
    Thanks barnone, that looks like exactly what I was looking for! Only one problem though.

Only issue is that I dont see the brake light electrical connection on this. Dont see anyone replaceing theirs here so I guess I will be the first to do that so Im trying to get all my info before I buy. Im just glad that these things dont cost an arm and a leg as my funds are limited. Hell my Ford Ranger needs a new battery now as well. It's alway something isnt it?

Im glad that you remided me of the mirror mount. Totally forgot about that. May have to go with a factory part but was hoping ebay would give me a more economical alternative.

Addendum: OK bro, looks like I found a direct replacement here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8mm-Hole-GY6...#ht_1064wt_934

It has the the specs and the plugs and even the mount for the mirror. This is why I love this thread! Hitting the buy button now. Wish me luck. I will let you guys know how it works.

6. #4016 Re: /wrists 
    GonzoX,
    I should have asked before but what is wrong with your master cylinder anyway?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #4017 Re: /wrists 
    Ok guys, I got the tank in last night. Now my question is what do i do with the 2 spare drain holes? do i cap them? or feed it as a Res line. Pics soon to come.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #4018 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    My bike should arrive in a few hours. Can't wait, pics to come

9. #4019 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    u put on a more restrictive air cleaner didn't u bob ? using the STOCK cleaner and having spun it around into the airflow to create a makeshift "airram" is how I consistently run 65 on the highway (Ive pegged 80 when it was wicked cold out = cold means more air into engine) , the bike is a bored out 125 cc it still has the throat of a 125 if u choke it anymore than it comes (more restrictive filter) performance IMMEDIATELY suffers

and nick , try jumping it from another battery

I had what the charger said was a "good battery" and it read 13.8 volts or such , but wouldn't push enough AMPS to even make the started do anything at all , sounds just like your problem eh ?
    hooked up jumper cabled to a good battery it fired right up

I did put an after market filter on yes. It has a solid capped end vs the stock filter being open all the way around. BUt the size of filtered area is about the same. I was having trouble just keeping up with traffic on the road with a 45 mph speed limit. THe jetting feels just about right so i dont think thats the issue.

What did you use for your forced air pipe?

10. #4020 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Guru
    I used a radiator hose , the U shaped one , another used a chrome undersink U pipe

take off the airfilter n go for another ride , U will immediately notice the difference