Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 403 of 634 FirstFirst ... 253353383393401402403404405413423453553 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 6336
  1. #4021 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    I did put an after market filter on yes. It has a solid capped end vs the stock filter being open all the way around. BUt the size of filtered area is about the same. I was having trouble just keeping up with traffic on the road with a 45 mph speed limit. THe jetting feels just about right so i dont think thats the issue.

What did you use for your forced air pipe?
    Did you check your plug color for jetting? Did you check your main jet size? How about the valve adjustment? Like others have reported here, my valves were too tight on my 2012 from the factory.
    Last edited by barnone; 07-24-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #4022 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    My newest mod! I read somewhere in this thread someone else did this with a coolant hose? I like chrome on a motorcycle so heres V 2.0Attachment 9325Attachment 9326Attachment 9327
    there it is , a chrome forward facing air intake (poor mans air ram) , air ram only works if filters an open top like stock filter , mine used a radiator hose just pics 052.jpg

3. #4023 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    GonzoX,
    I should have asked before but what is wrong with your master cylinder anyway?
    It was sponggy yesterday and the handle was almost flush with the handlebar. Ironically it seemed fine today. Go figure but common sense told me that it should be firm no matter what right? Brake fluid does not compress last time I checked. Either way replacement is ordered and it only cost me about $25. Cant complain. If anything I have a replacement if I need it.

4. #4024 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    It was sponggy yesterday and the handle was almost flush with the handlebar. Ironically it seemed fine today. Go figure but common sense told me that it should be firm no matter what right? Brake fluid does not compress last time I checked. Either way replacement is ordered and it only cost me about $25. Cant complain. If anything I have a replacement if I need it.
    Sounds like you need to bleed and/or change the brake fluid instead of replacing the master cylinder.

Also spongy can be caused by moisture in the fluid. I'd change the fluid and bleed it. A Mitivac type device works nice to change and bleed the fluid.

Also a trick I have used in the past is to put some strong rubber bands on the lever overnight to get the last bit of air out. You might want to try that first.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #4025 Re: /wrists 
    barnone,

Will you be putting on the furry seat cover?
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

6. #4026 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    there it is just pics 052.jpg
    It looks like your tire rubs the fender.
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

7. #4027 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    barnone,

Will you be putting on the furry seat cover?
    So far with the bigger seat on my 2012 I don't think I need the furry seat cover but she likes it.

IMG_0679.jpg

It is currently on the W650 which needs it.
    IMG_1046.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #4028 Re: /wrists 
    This is a ruff look of what it will look like. It's gonna take lots of grinding.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

9. #4029 Re: /wrists 
    C-Moto Guru
    my tire don't rub , at max extension my car tire is 1/2" off the fender tip

10. #4030 Re: /wrists 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Did you check your plug color for jetting? Did you check your main jet size? How about the valve adjustment? Like others have reported here, my valves were too tight on my 2012 from the factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    I used a radiator hose , the U shaped one , another used a chrome undersink U pipe

take off the airfilter n go for another ride , U will immediately notice the difference
    Hey guys. I tried the stock filter and it made little to no difference on my ride today.. maybe worse but hard to tell. I really have to keep beating on this thing just to keep up with the acceleration of traffic. I know its not a rocket.. but i feel like im dragging something behind me. The engine doesnt seem to break up under throttle.. but it just feels like the brakes are on. To keep up with traffic on a 45 mph road I literally have to keep her full throttle just to manage which is about 45-50 indicated. It really feels like it just doesnt want to go.

I have not checked or adjusted the valves. If you could give me some instruction on how to do this, that would be great. Maybe the air/fuel mix is off.. but the engine seems like it is running through the rpms smooth. As I said before 2012 rtb_a.. weight is 140 and the bike is fitted with 35 rear sprocket. Im running stock spark plug (it didnt like my after market replacement), and 93 octane gas. I replaced the stock filter with an aftermarket one that has better filtration.

Here is a sample of the plug. Phone cant really take pictures up close. Looks pretty clean to me. Not really white and over heated from too much air, and not really black from too much fuel.

Where should I go from here?

Last edited by Bobthebobber; 07-25-2013 at 12:50 AM.