Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 266 of 634 FirstFirst ... 116216246256264265266267268276286316416 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 6336
  1. #2651 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Skullworkz, did you use a lift gate service or just muscle it off of the truck? Also was any cheap tools included?
    thanks

2. #2652 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    Skullworkz, did you use a lift gate service or just muscle it off of the truck? Also was any cheap tools included?
    thanks
    I just muscled it off with 2 of my buddies. It's not really that heavy, even with the metal crate. I used 2 small furniture dollys from harbor freight ($8 each) to move it from the street to the garage. There were not any tools and if there were I would have tossed them in the garbage anyway. Tell me, would YOU use cheap chinese tools on your new bike? I would imagine that those tools are the same quality as the tools you can buy at family dollar.

3. #2653 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Going to install a cig lighter for GPS or cell phone charge. I then ordered a nicer lighter for lighter socket
    Also going to add 2 of these led lights in the 2 holes near speedo for turn signal indicators. They are avail Diff colors image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    All available on ebay
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

4. #2654 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    buying them in your state is the way to go , they register it and get the plates for ya

Yep, that is the way to go. Got mine in TX and although the seller seems to have zero after the sale support I am greatful I did not have to hasstle with the TT&L.

Great mods here. Still owe a bit on my bike since I used my CC but it will be paid off early Feb!

Noticed the exhaust pipe starting to rust a bit but to be expected. I have a fix for that I think. Too damn cold to ride today but I started my bike and let it idle a bit just to charge the battery and to listen to the engine run. How strange am I right? LOL.

Was thinking about the braided stuff myself but wonder how long it would last. Looks damn good though. Keep those mods coming. This thread is worth its weight in gold!

5. #2655 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Just purchased the leather for a custom tank cover. I will be working on that for the next few days. Will post pics when completed.

6. #2656 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I read earlier in this post about a law preventing us from registering this bike in the 5 boroughs of New York. But I live on Long Island which is not in the boroughs. I could have sworn that someone on this forum has one of these registered in New York. I guess I could always buy a frame and title from an old bike and title it as something else. That's what the guys from Kikker say to do with their bikes.

7. #2657 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well now I see what happened to Gardo...

http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=107533

Guess I won't be getting one now :(

8. #2658 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    However...Aboshi said you can register it in NY, but he never tried because the bike had problems. Ugh, what to do?

9. #2659 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    gardo had his issues and was the only on these boards that did.Not sure why.. do not seem to understand fully.But I will say,I had no trouble at all reg-in the bike, and I now have almost 8000 miles on it and not a single problem. I maintain it, and it rides great.I have had small issues ,but remember you get whhat you pay for, and the upgrades I made on it seem to do the job. some of the issues were my fault,only through ignorance of the part in question.But it is all good now.I wouldn't trade it in for anything.It is my daily rider when the weather is good, and i ride everywhere around the city as much as I can..cause I like it.I get alot of peeps given me the thumbs up on her as well. Yeah it is always good to do your research before you buy, and i hope that just cause one person seemed to have an issue with the DMV doesn't discourage you about the bike itself. Good luck and hope you can ride soon.

10. #2660 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    I met Gardo at the PIT booth at last year's Dealer Expo, or maybe the year before. I thought he worked for them in some capacity. Seems like a nice guy. I wish him well if he's left our little group.

Now on to why I logged on. I got an email from Sunny about what I'll refer to as the Second Generation Bubba. I'm sorry I can't copy and paste the photos but I'm sure they'll show up on the web site once the old inventory is gone.

Major changes I can spot:
    -Black Springer Front end
    -Black (10"ish) Z-bar handlebars
    -Fuel tank appears to be more of a Sportster shape - Nice
    -A proper solo seat, smooth upholstered black vinyl
    -Upgraded brakes F&R (no details given)

Wholesale cost has gone up so expect the street price to be a few hundred $$$ more that last Summer's price.

/M

[EDIT: I just noticed that there is no front fender on the springer. That may cause some legality issues in some areas.]