Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 452 of 634 FirstFirst ... 302402432442450451452453454462472502602 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 6336
  1. #4511 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    The guy with the shop and I are just talking right now. He wants only the DF250RTB_A to sell assembled but no warranty.
    He is a Cherokee so he needs to see if he can sell the bikes on band (tribal) land. Nothing is going to happen anytime soon.

The importing can be a pain but it is doable. I ended up having to pay a runner to get all the paperwork done in Miami.
    Ah,I see.I hope you guys can make it work.It'd be nice to see some dual sports for sale.

2. #4512 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    From where do you get this arbitrary number of 30? you have no idea if that price pertains to 5, 10 or 100... let alone 30
    It really depends how they stack em. usually 30 bikes = 1 small container. 100 bikes = 1 big container. They sell em to dealers in containers. you can also opt for sharing a container, which costs round about 500eur (or $666) shipping for a partial container (a full container usually goes for eur 1000 shipping, or ~$1333 usd)

3. #4513 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
    It really depends how they stack em. usually 30 bikes = 1 small container. 100 bikes = 1 big container. They sell em to dealers in containers. you can also opt for sharing a container, which costs round about 500eur (or $666) shipping for a partial container (a full container usually goes for eur 1000 shipping, or ~$1333 usd)

if you want to find the cost of a shipping container from china, then its easy enough to google.
    but what does any of that have to do about pricing of the DF in which we were looking at...
    anyway barone found one companies minimum quantity, 10, now he will let us curious nellys know about the price wont you barone. wont you barone

btw, i think you should go for it. concentrate on the RTB at first, expand to replacement parts, engine upgrades, go from there. you've built a bit of a rep here starting this thread and all.... you are 'the creator' and you have come again to guide your people....

lead on oh great creator.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

4. #4514 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    About a year ago when I purchased mine I found a couple of places selling the df250rtb ex china selling at a good price. I contacted my people in Hong Kong to see what they could tee up, both places were a scam.

5. #4515 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Been awhile since I've been here, Who's becoming a China Bobber dealer ? Anyway

6. #4516 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Been awhile since I've been here, Who's becoming a China Bobber dealer ? Anyway , I have 15/38 sprockets (staying with 520 chain & sprockets). Was tough to find the rear sprocket, But had some Chinese fella scouring the mainland till he found one. Extra 5 inch chrome seat springs mod (I'm 255 lbs) and last but not least I'm trying to get some of this bark out of the exhaust note with a 4 inch baffle. Total pain in the arse engineering this baffle into the stock exhaust without getting that junky hissing sound. Think I should have went for an 8 inch baffle as Barnone did. But he never revealed his sorce AFAIK.Been awhile since I've been here, Who's becoming a China Bobber dealer ? Anyway , I have 15/38 sprockets (staying with 520 chain & sprockets). Was tough to find the rear sprocket, But had some Chinese fella scouring the mainland till he found one. Extra 5 inch chrome seat springs mod (I'm 255 lbs) and last but not least I'm trying to get some of this bark out of the exhaust note with a 4 inch baffle. Total pain in the arse engineering this baffle into the stock exhaust without getting that junky hissing sound. Think I should have went for an 8 inch baffle as Barnone did. But he never revealed his sorce AFAIK.Been awhile since I've been here, Who's becoming a China Bobber dealer ? Anyway , I have 15/38 sprockets (staying with 520 chain & sprockets). Was tough to find the rear sprocket, But had some Chinese fella scouring the mainland till he found one. Extra 5 inch chrome seat springs mod (I'm 255 lbs) and last but not least I'm trying to get some of this bark out of the exhaust note with a 4 inch baffle. Total pain in the arse engineering this baffle into the stock exhaust without getting that junky hissing sound. Think I should have went for an 8 inch baffle as Barnone did. But he never revealed his sorce AFAIK.

7. #4517 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    should it make sense that the single cylinder 170fmm engine specs boast more power and torque than V twins such as the 2v49 lifan or even the Yamaha Virago and Vstar 250s...
    I even expected that the dual in-line honda rebel at 234cc should put out more power than the 170fmm, but at least on paper it doesn't.

I get a feeling they are likely just exaggerating the 170fmm capabilities.
    as they are all 4 strokes I just dont see it, but what do i know...

What facts do you got about individual displacement power capacity vs total displacement power capacity.
    Key word here is "facts"...

it seems i can find quite a few of these these bikes with low mileage for little more than the 170fmm engine itself... i think that may be the way to go, but id like to know for sure.
    Last edited by axa; 09-17-2013 at 08:02 PM.
    2012 DF250RTB_B with Yamaha XV250 V-twin
    1998 XVS650 (For Sale)
    2003 LS650 with Voodoo Vintage hardtail

8. #4518 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I'm just talking now which is very inexpensive (cheap).
    That guy I contacted is a drop shipper in the US. I need a contact in China to get a good price so I will continue to look.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #4519 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by 4950cycle View Post
    Think I should have went for an 8 inch baffle as Barnone did. But he never revealed his sorce AFAIK.Been awhile since I've been here, Who's becoming a China Bobber dealer ?
    Trimmed you message a bit. I got the baffle way back when off Ebay. Plenty there and searching with "
    • Motorcycle Baffles"

revealed
    Here is a 13" one that "might" fit.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-INCH-BAFF...-/121173643222

I forget the size. Was it 1 1/2"?

Regarding becoming a dealer, I'm just yapping so don't count on me.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #4520 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    should it make sense that the single cylinder 170fmm engine specs boast more power and torque than V twins such as the 2v49 lifan or even the Yamaha Virago and Vstar 250s...
    I even expected that the dual in-line honda rebel at 234cc should put out more power than the 170fmm, but at least on paper it doesn't.

I get a feeling they are likely just exaggerating the 170fmm capabilities.
    aAs they are all 4 strokes I just dont see it, but what do i know...

What facts do you got about individual displacement power capacity vs total displacement power capacity.
    Key word here is "facts"...

it seems i can find quite a few of these these bikes with low mileage for little more than the 170fmm engine itself... i think that may be the way to go, but id like to know for sure.
    Yep, take all HP claims with a grain of salt. I'll keep looking for a "BBK" for our 167FMM but I'm happy for a while.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG