Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 610 of 634 FirstFirst ... 460560590600608609610611612620630 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6336
  1. #6091 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    2axa

Somewhere in this forum, you can find explanation how engines are marked in China, plus here is some table I made few year ago, which shows displacements of CG clones you can find on the market (couple of those "strange" displacements are from "Lifan" catalog) and respectively, their bore and stroke.

Radne_zapremina_CG_klonova.jpg

Knowing those two things, nobody can tell you this or that engine is "probably 200 cc". You will instantly know what is in front of you.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #6092 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey everyone, So I am still having issues with getting my new turn signals to work on my 2012 DF-RTB-250-B. Not sure what the issue is. I bought these chrome ones off ebay. I have tried wiring them up in various ways and nothing. The turn signal indicator isnt blinking on the speedo either. I have checked the connections to everything and its good. But when I use the turn signal switch I just hear a click coming from this thing that is connected to my battery, have never seen one of these, not sure if it is part of the issue, any help would be awesome I am trying to get these to work to finally get my license, my old triumph chopper has no turn signals or horn which is a must if your taking license test ;)20170714_014541.jpg

3. #6093 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    2axa

Somewhere in this forum, you can find explanation how engines are marked in China, plus here is some table I made few year ago, which shows displacements of CG clones you can find on the market (couple of those "strange" displacements are from "Lifan" catalog) and respectively, their bore and stroke.

Radne_zapremina_CG_klonova.jpg

Knowing those two things, nobody can tell you this or that engine is "probably 200 cc". You will instantly know what is in front of you.
    all I was saying was until recently, the seller didn't really know/care what he had, and as a result was actually selling them for a fair price...
    but then since it seems he took the time to research and list, and subsequently raise the price...

4. #6094 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by heist222 View Post
    Hey everyone, So I am still having issues with getting my new turn signals to work on my 2012 DF-RTB-250-B. Not sure what the issue is. I bought these chrome ones off ebay. I have tried wiring them up in various ways and nothing. The turn signal indicator isnt blinking on the speedo either. I have checked the connections to everything and its good. But when I use the turn signal switch I just hear a click coming from this thing that is connected to my battery, have never seen one of these, not sure if it is part of the issue, any help would be awesome I am trying to get these to work to finally get my license, my old triumph chopper has no turn signals or horn which is a must if your taking license test ;)20170714_014541.jpg
    that thing is your turn signal relay/timer, not sure the correct name...
    the click suggests it may well be working correctly but you need to test to be sure.

basically connect the input to ~12 volts and observe the output switching on/off in conjunction with the clicking sound...

5. #6095 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by heist222 View Post

Are the replacement turn signal bulbs/lights LED ?
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

6. #6096 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by SR.MAILMAN View Post
    Are the replacement turn signal bulbs/lights LED ?
    so what if?
    the charge/discharge rate increases, not that all module impedances are the same but I've been using led with this very stock signal timer for years.
    Last edited by axa; 07-21-2017 at 05:35 AM.

7. #6097 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Howdy gang, long time no post. My Dongfang DF250RTB has been sitting unused for nearly a year. Of course, the stale gas reeked havoc on the carb gumming it up.

The pilot jet was so clogged, that i could not pass a cleaning wire through. The float bowl needle was stuck so as to not allow fuel to enter.

So I jump on-line to find a rebuild kit, which I do for $12 plus $7 shipping. But before I pull the trigger, I searched "pz30 carburetor" on Amazon and found the whole carb for under $30 delivered (7-10 days). No-brainer decision to order a new carb.

The new carb has an elongated choke lever bracket so a remote choke cable can be used. You can leave it as-is (no cable/lever only) but it looks unsightly. So simply swap the short bracket for the long.

FYI, the stock pilot jet is a #42 and the main jet is a #125. You can order replacement jets at many locations including Honda dealers. The Keihin OEM part number for the pilot jet is: N424-21-42 (the last 3 digits being the size of the jet, #42 in this case). And the main jet is: 99101-393-125 (#125).

/Mike

8. #6098 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    35 posts ago I listed where u can get a pz 30 WITH ACCELERATOR PUMP for 21.50$.
    in the same post I listed a rebuild kit for like $3.50.
    no brain(er) indeed...

9. #6099 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    so what if?
    the charge/discharge rate increases, not that all module impedances are the same but I've been using led with this very stock signal timer for years.
    I would not know.. I pulled my turn signals off. They got in the way. I use hand signals, sometimes just a finger... Its a bobber .I don't need no stinkin turn signals.

10. #6100 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    I would not know.. I pulled my turn signals off. They got in the way. I use hand signals, sometimes just a finger... Its a bobber .I don't need no stinkin turn signals.
    No state bike inspection in TX? I left Houston in 1974 and moved to FL. Luckily no state inspection in FL, not even auto.

On the Dragon (US 129 NC/TN).

ME.jpg
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter