Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 220 of 634 FirstFirst ... 70170200210218219220221222230240270370 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 6336
  1. #2191 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    well guess what... my freakin clutch cable snapped for a third time. this time I think I found the problem i have been having. the inside of the clutch lever is worn away so i think it has been slowly cutting the cable as i ride and shift. O.K. no problem I have been trying to figure out why my lever is so loose anyway..as it moves up and down and I have tightened and tightened it over and over but it still stays sloppy. so i think I am going to purchase another new clutch lever assembly.

Now my question to anyone who can answer this... what are these two wires for on the assembly for the clutch lever??

thanks ahead...

2. #2192 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Guessing brake light- or safety switch (bike won't start unless engaged). Still don't have one of these bikes yet, expecting a Heist next month fingers crossed.

3. #2193 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    well guess what... my freakin clutch cable snapped for a third time. this time I think I found the problem i have been having. the inside of the clutch lever is worn away so i think it has been slowly cutting the cable as i ride and shift. O.K. no problem I have been trying to figure out why my lever is so loose anyway..as it moves up and down and I have tightened and tightened it over and over but it still stays sloppy. so i think I am going to purchase another new clutch lever assembly.

Now my question to anyone who can answer this... what are these two wires for on the assembly for the clutch lever??

thanks ahead...
    Grease the new lever and cable end.The switch is a clutch interlock.It is supposed to keep the bike from starting if it's in gear and the lever isn't pulled in.It stops run away bikes.

4. #2194 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    WTF.... CARB= California Air Resources Board... all late model commercial trucks have to have the CARB label affixed to be legal to operate as well, I think we could give California back to Mexico and be better off... My bike is NOT CARB compliant and I don't give a F**k....

5. #2195 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Just assembling my bike. Noticed the hose that comes from bottom of Carberator is not connected to anything, should it be?
    We use this hose to drain the fuel bowl when removing the carberator to be worked on, such as replacing jets. The fuel bowl holds 2-3oz of gas. it easier to drain it first. Turn the petcock off at the gas tank, then take a clean small cup or can, pull the hose out from where it is and place it in the cup. Open the fuel drain screw on the side of the fuel bowl. Don't forget to close the screw once drained. Pour the cup back in the gas tank.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

6. #2196 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    well guess what... my freakin clutch cable snapped for a third time. this time I think I found the problem i have been having. the inside of the clutch lever is worn away so i think it has been slowly cutting the cable as i ride and shift. O.K. no problem I have been trying to figure out why my lever is so loose anyway..as it moves up and down and I have tightened and tightened it over and over but it still stays sloppy. so i think I am going to purchase another new clutch lever assembly. thanks ahead...
    Wow, total bummer Bow. I guess all of us are going to have to watch this area. Thanks for the pics!
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

7. #2197 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post
    WTF.... CARB= California Air Resources Board... all late model commercial trucks have to have the CARB label affixed to be legal to operate as well, I think we could give California back to Mexico and be better off... My bike is NOT CARB compliant and I don't give a F**k....
    This is why (since 2008 in this state) I could NOT register & Title a RTB250 in this state and probably why in CA, PA, NJ and any other state that will not register them.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

8. #2198 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Wow, I'm always googling both Tha Heist and DF250RTB. Just found a post by Gardo that surprised me. He's always been pretty cool about the differences between the bikes. This was pretty harsh IMO.

http://www.alternativecruisers.com/i...;topic=17427.0

That was the Friggin Bike that I had to send back to Scooter depot. They are Horrible!
    the bike was garbage and not legal to register in my state of NJ. i heard that it also may not be legal in NY, and PA.
    Yeah it looked great but the company also lost their NHTSA registration in 2004. Even though it was stamped EPA there is no cat or baffle in the tank. the manifold breathes into a plastic electrical box and the bike is geared at 13 front and 45 rear sprocket. the levers were all made of cheap pot metal and snapped easy, and is a 30mm carb with an 88 mainjet.
    All these companies that have this bobber are gettin them from Sunny Motor sports, who is Scooter Depot and a few other names Happy Scooter and such. they are distributing them out.
    I know of 2 people in FL that have the bike and was able to register it there, not anywhere else though. No one really has come forward. of the 2 people. 1 guy has been reworking the bike completely to get it running right and he's done an awesome job of it. The Bike is performing for him, but he's had to spend a lot of time and trial and error to get it right.
    I couldn't get parts for a few items that were broken absolutely no parts support at all, and my rear tire was constantly going flat.
    I know a cat in NYC that got one and his engine threw a rod and the company will not take it back. And the da** thing from sitting all the chrome rusted out

It was because that debacle that i ended up buying a Heist. and well the rest is history. Having owned both bikes I can honestly say that the CCW tha Heist is the better bike but its also 1000.00 bucks more.IMO its worth it. At least with the Heist you have a strong support system in place and a better bike.
    FYI 500 miles on my Heist already and she is running strong.

9. #2199 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    as far as i am concerned about what Gardo says, it is all am matter of choice. I have had nothing out of whack with this bike that cannot be fixed. remeber you get what you pay for. I stand behind my bike.. and I love it. yeah if I had the extra grand to spend..I may have gone after the heist. but honestly.. it would have had the same issues somewhere down the line...all bikes do. something fails..something breaks.. something doesn;t work right.. so it is the buyers call to get what they want.
    Mine was no trouble at all to tag..easy peasy.some states are just a pain in the neck.not the dealers fault where someone lives.

also to add... I have just under 4ooo miles on my bike.. and probalbly the roughest worst roads in the states to ride on. and the small things that are occuring to it over all those miles are just a little set back.. to me.. and nothing to get pissed about. maybe I am easy going..and do not let it get to me..and others may let every little thing bother them.. but honestly it is still a good bike for the money.

10. #2200 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Wow, I'm always googling both Tha Heist and DF250RTB. Just found a post by Gardo that surprised me. He's always been pretty cool about the differences between the bikes. This was pretty harsh IMO.

http://www.alternativecruisers.com/i...;topic=17427.0
    The experience he had sucked, I don't blame him. I must say my experience could not have been further from the opposite. Sure I had a lot of bugs in the bike, but I worked them out, heck working on 1970's SH-60B makes working on a China 250 look like a cake walk... Any who, I've seen a few CCW bikes riding around here, but I like my little s**t Dong Fang. I put it together, I made sure it worked, and best of all, I was able to register it with absolutely NO problems. The only problem I had was that they registered the bike costing $2500... But the gov mofia always needs it's money..
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star