Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 223 of 634 FirstFirst ... 73173203213221222223224225233243273373 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 6336
  1. #2221 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Check this out :) $549-599 delivered. 198CC mini chopper :0

chopper-orange.jpg

http://www.desertscooters.com/mini-c...i-chopper.html
    http://www.sin-racing-scooters.com/minichopper.htm

I want the 1 gallon tank for my Tomos Revival.

2. #2222 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    off>

Here you go: original Tomos APN-4's tank with toolbox.

rezervoar-apn-4-slika-12605955.jpg
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #2223 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    Quote Originally Posted by evokid8 View Post
    for anyone thats been riding their df lately, watch out for the cheap material of metal they use on the sprocket studs, them things broke off on my on the HWY! went to home depot and made my own studs with much better quality bolts. so far 8k miles on my df and still running like a boss, 60+mpg ftw

heres what I'm talking about btw
    Evokid.. look back a couple pages and you can see my post on this problem.I had to do the same thing with mine.. made new studs out of grade 8 bolts. bought a new spocket and now riding fine.

4. #2224 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    IMG_1372.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1374.JPGIMG_1376.jpgIMG_1377.jpg

I wrapped my pipe with exhaust wrap. Haven't burned my leg since. It's a lot more comfortable when stopped at a light. I added a chain tensioner, a little expensive, but easy to install and makes the ride a lot quieter, and smoother. Here is the site: http://www.monstercraftsman.com/powe...ain-tensioner/ I had to grind off the triangle on the frame holding the cross tube. Made sure there was clearance between the rear tire and it, and also that the chain was as close to center on the skateboard wheel as possible. Covered my seat with a fabric suede, and used a grey hemp cord to add the stitching along the rear. Near my front tire I strapped on a farming tube manual holder with stainless steel zip ties. Holds my tools and a copy of my paperwork. The custom paint job is a base of red engine paint, some stencils made with painters tape, and black engine paint. I removed the extraneous air parts, moved the ignition switch, and covered the air hole to the engine with a piece cut from a mint tint. Over 400 miles of smooth riding so far.
    DF 250 RTB

5. #2225 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by rollenrock View Post
    IMG_1372.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1374.JPGIMG_1376.jpgIMG_1377.jpg

I wrapped my pipe with exhaust wrap. Haven't burned my leg since. It's a lot more comfortable when stopped at a light. I added a chain tensioner, a little expensive, but easy to install and makes the ride a lot quieter, and smoother. Here is the site: http://www.monstercraftsman.com/powe...ain-tensioner/ I had to grind off the triangle on the frame holding the cross tube. Made sure there was clearance between the rear tire and it, and also that the chain was as close to center on the skateboard wheel as possible. Covered my seat with a fabric suede, and used a grey hemp cord to add the stitching along the rear. Near my front tire I strapped on a farming tube manual holder with stainless steel zip ties. Holds my tools and a copy of my paperwork. The custom paint job is a base of red engine paint, some stencils made with painters tape, and black engine paint. I removed the extraneous air parts, moved the ignition switch, and covered the air hole to the engine with a piece cut from a mint tint. Over 400 miles of smooth riding so far.
    That's a good looking ride Rollenrock! - you've added some great mods. Just curious - how did you decide between the chain tensioner with the wheel as opposed to the one with the smal sprocket? Also, I remember you had a leaky tank some time ago - how did you fix it?

6. #2226 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    C-Moto Regular
    I dig that seat cover. Really transforms the look of the stock 'doormat.' Well done.

/M

7. #2227 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Browsing around for gas tanks and found this:

http://www.debrix.com/Pop-Up-King-Pe...38-0295-vt.htm

Think it may fit the DF? was looking for something with a really wide and not too deep tunnel - which seems to be needed according to previous posts

8. #2228 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    I chose the wheel instead of the sprocket because there is more wiggle room. The sprocket one would have to be aligned exactly, whereas the wheel is a much larger surface. There isn't a lot of room in that area, and it is a pretty large tensioner. I ordered a bolt on first, thinking it could be bolted on through the frame triangle. That stood straight up and would have caused the bottom of the chain to rub against the top. As far as my gas tank, I took it to a welder and had it spot welded for less than $20. The connectors are tack welded on a thin metal in a very small spot. They put a larger tack weld on over more of the surface so that it distributes the pull over a larger area. I had all the points done so I wouldn't have to deal with it again. The leak happened after I Kreemed the tank, so I thought I would avoid this.
    DF 250 RTB

9. #2229 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Anybody know what threading the stock mirrors are? The stock ones are crap because they move from vibration. Found some 10mm Honda clone replacement mirrors on ebay for less than $10. Are these worth it? I want my replacement mirrors to fit in the same threaded hole that the originals were mounted in.

10. #2230 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Anybody know what threading the stock mirrors are? The stock ones are crap because they move from vibration. Found some 10mm Honda clone replacement mirrors on ebay for less than $10. Are these worth it? I want my replacement mirrors to fit in the same threaded hole that the originals were mounted in.
    I got ones that where for a honda rebel, I believe it's 10mm. It has to be metric, it's from China :]
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star