Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 179 of 634 FirstFirst ... 29129159169177178179180181189199229329 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 6336
  1. #1781 Re: Finally Registered My Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber In Florida 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Aboshi,
    Funny you should ask about sprockets because I just changed out the rear and went with the 33 tooth below. Had to remove three links from the 520 chain but kept the stock 13 front tooth because I decided to not modify the front sprocket cover.

Front Sprocket JTF270.14 14 tooth
    Rear Sprocket JTR279.33 33 tooth
    They are the ones you gave me in post 185. I got mine from Old Bike Barn but anyone that handles JT sprockets should be able to get them. Rear fit just fine but you need a big pair of o-ring pliers or fight it like I did with a couple of screw drivers.

33/13 = 2.53 my current ratio
    45/13 = 3.46 stock DF
    38/13 = 2.92
    41/15 = 2.73 Heist stock

I only had time for a short ride but it sure was nice to be able to get up to 20 MPH indicated in first gear. It might be too high a ratio but I'm going to try it for a while and report my finding later. Your ratio of 13/38 might be better.

Actually the seat is pretty nice. I adjusted the preload to the max on the spring under the seat to get me sitting up straight with my new bars. The sheep skin or a leather cover like you suggested will help.

EDIT: Stock DF rear sprocket is 45 teeth not 40.!!!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the sprocket information courtesy of Barnone, I really do miss the old guy....

Take care.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

2. #1782 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

3. #1783 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobber250 View Post

Is that raw leather?They could be dyed to match the bike.I'm thinking a dark weathered saddle look.

4. #1784 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Is that raw leather?They could be dyed to match the bike.I'm thinking a dark weathered saddle look.
    Yes , I believe they are raw leather, I am just going to give them a good oiling. I had considered dyeing them with a reddish tint, but I agree that the dark brown weathered saddle look better matches the aesthetics of the bike.

Not bad for under $25.00 ....
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

5. #1785 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251013427275...84.m1497.l2649

Heres where I bought them, they had 3 more left when I looked earlier today.
    Sean

DF 250 RTB

6. #1786 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Our manual recommends the break in as 100 miles. Ride for one hour, cool two (five cycles). 75% throttle max. I kept in town, avoiding speeds above 40.

Then started mods. 105 jet, 33 sprocket, shorter new chain. Before removing speedo, indicated over 80mph (no wind or hills).

7. #1787 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I finally got around the checking my Carb jets. Mine was also shipped with the main jet #105.
    I also checked the pilot jet and its a #40. I may try and find a #42. Did anyone ever change their pilot?
    I'm going to try the washer under the needle, looks like I need a 5mm.

carb3.jpgCarb1.jpgcarb2.jpg
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

8. #1788 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    O.K. guys,I am looking at a couple of new clutch cables at the moment. One is 54 inches,the other is 57 inches.My old cable was just a little over 53 inches. So which one would you recomend.
    Logic tells me the 57 inch cable and run it a little different rout to adjust for the extra length.No w I think I can adjust this correctly.I should attatch everything,work the perch a the motor first then adjust the perch on the handle..is this correct?

9. #1789 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    O.K. guys,I am looking at a couple of new clutch cables at the moment. One is 54 inches,the other is 57 inches.My old cable was just a little over 53 inches. So which one would you recomend.
    Logic tells me the 57 inch cable and run it a little different rout to adjust for the extra length.No w I think I can adjust this correctly.I should attatch everything,work the perch a the motor first then adjust the perch on the handle..is this correct?
    I'd go with the 54 unless you are planning to change bars again in the future.

10. #1790 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Hey guys,i have an issue I think needs to be added to this thread.
    I have had two clutch cables snap on me in the last 2 months.I do not know why,I have play in the handle,I have the adjustments good ..I think,but I cannot seem to keep a cable from snapping off at the nipple on the handle.
    I contacted scooter depot for the first one,they sent me a replacement as it was still under warranty..but the 6 month warranty has expired and now it looks like a $70 price tag for the new cable.I am hesitant on buying it as i am concerned that it will just snapp again.
    Cable length is roughly 53 inches long..I think I need to be schooled in what I need to do to fix this issue.Should I go with a slightly longer cable...I found one that is 54 1/2 inches..with a 3 1/2 inch play area.I figure I need to rout it a little different to give it that slight tension it would need. I do not know..this is all new to me and i do not want to buy something I cannot use.
    Anyone know anything on clutch cables,and perhaps what I need to do?Also any place online I can purchase one from...seeing as how there is no one in Houston that carries anything for these bikes.
    HELP...I AM IN THE WEEDS HERE. thanks ahead.
    if i were you i'd call scooter depot again because the bike was supposed to come with a 1 year warranty, and what you purchased was an additional 6 months, so your bike should be under warranty for a year and a half.