Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 184 of 634 FirstFirst ... 34134164174182183184185186194204234334 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 6336
  1. #1831 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    I am thinking about removing the air injector and relocating the ignition. Is there any negative or pro's to doing this.
    No problems with performance, it should lower exhaust temp as per barnone. I held out on moving my switch, I would have to remove my tank be the wire run around a mount.
    Also, the thing backfires on deceleration unless I backoff real easy.
    Also as per barnone, a shim/washer under the needle helps a little with as seen with my bike. I am going to experiment with the pilot jet (slow Jet)and have two different ones coming from Jets-R-Us.I had bought a PZ-30 carb kit for an adjustable needle and to see what pilot jet came in the kit. $12.00
    pz30 carb kit.jpg

Damm Chinese, no numbers on the pilot jet, LOL
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

2. #1832 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Found that my front tire has a slow leak. Taking it to the shop tomorrow to be repaired. While it is down I am going to relocate the ignition by removing the air injector. I will becarefull when putting the gas tank back on. Thanks about the heads up on not tightening to much so that I don't end up with a leaky gas tank. I ordered the right side saddle bag to match the left bag. But I have to redirect the exhaust before putting it on. One step at a time. I'll probably end up messing with the carb only because of the backfiring during deceleration. But later.
    Here's a question. I have read that putting a tube in your tire is dangerous. That in a tubeless tire it will go flat slowly. But if you put a tube in it. It could blow out suddenly. Any truth to that?
    Ghost

3. #1833 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Im going to reread this to find out how to correct the dimming during acceleration, sorry no idea on your tire issue

4. #1834 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Well hello every body I am brand spankin new but been readin the posts for a while.. just thought id introduce myself some kinda proper like. Am lookin ta get a df. In the near future anybody even close to idaho?

5. #1835 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    Well hello every body I am brand spankin new but been readin the posts for a while.. just thought id introduce myself some kinda proper like. Am lookin ta get a df. In the near future anybody even close to idaho?
    Is Idaho close to anything?

Welcome to MCM, and good luck hooking up with some Dongfangers or other Chinabike fellow travellers!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #1836 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    As far as I can tell idaho is the armpit of the known universe... so I don't think so

7. #1837 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Idaho is anything but an armpit. One of the most beautiful and pristine places in America! You'll enjoy the bobber there, but, were it me, I'd be looking for a small dual sport that would be brilliant fun in your mountains and forests. Given the timber and mining industries, you must have more miles of unpaved road per capita than anywhere in the US!

Go for a dirt bike or dual sport with some sharp-toothed knobbies!

/unsolicited advice!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #1838 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    your backfire on decel is probably the air injection operating as intended , burning (detonating) excess fuel in the exhaust (once removed might make your backfire "go away" but you will be again polluting :p )

I have Tubes in my tires , safe to do (edit - make sure to have em check the air inlet other experianced it was loose , 2 twists of the wrist with the right tool might fix your problem)

dimming headlight I fixed by replacing voltage regulator (got my replacement at - Scooterparts4less.com ) = note - a regulator that lets power drop enough to dim will also allow power surging , which will pop lights and even burn up turn signal relays (I lost 5 headlights a few taillights and turn signal relay be4 changed)
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 03-21-2012 at 01:09 PM.

9. #1839 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post

I have Tubes in my tires , safe to do (edit - make sure to have em check the air inlet other experianced it was loose , 2 twists of the wrist with the right tool might fix your problem)
    Took the tire to the nearest Honda dealer. They said the tire was leaking at almost all of the spokes. Said a tube could not be put in due to the design of the rim. Going to give Scooter Depot a call as soon as they open. Anyone else have this happen? Does anyone have any suggestions other than a replacement rim?
    Thanks.

10. #1840 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Hey guys,i have an issue I think needs to be added to this thread.
    I have had two clutch cables snap on me in the last 2 months.I do not know why,I have play in the handle,I have the adjustments good ..I think,but I cannot seem to keep a cable from snapping off at the nipple on the handle.
    I contacted scooter depot for the first one,they sent me a replacement as it was still under warranty..but the 6 month warranty has expired and now it looks like a $70 price tag for the new cable.I am hesitant on buying it as i am concerned that it will just snapp again.
    Cable length is roughly 53 inches long..I think I need to be schooled in what I need to do to fix this issue.Should I go with a slightly longer cable...I found one that is 54 1/2 inches..with a 3 1/2 inch play area.I figure I need to rout it a little different to give it that slight tension it would need. I do not know..this is all new to me and i do not want to buy something I cannot use.
    Anyone know anything on clutch cables,and perhaps what I need to do?Also any place online I can purchase one from...seeing as how there is no one in Houston that carries anything for these bikes.
    HELP...I AM IN THE WEEDS HERE. thanks ahead.
    i was wrong, i checked with scooter depot and the one year warranty is for the frame and engine, and the 6 month warranty we purchased is for parts, so it looks like our parts warranty is up.