Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 192 of 634 FirstFirst ... 42142172182190191192193194202212242342 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 6336
  1. #1911 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by SR.MAILMAN View Post
    I had that problem,right out of the crate and did not want to wait, so I had Cycle Gear put a tube in the front wheel. ($33.00).
    Had I known what I do now, I would have done what you did.
    Sr.Mailman,
    Originaly I took mine to a Honda dealer and they told me because it was a tubeless rim I couldn't put a tube in it. If I can find someone to put a tube in it, I'll have two rims for the bike. But I'll try the replacement rim first. Not sure I will trust it to hold air.

2. #1912 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    Sr.Mailman,
    Originaly I took mine to a Honda dealer and they told me because it was a tubeless rim I couldn't put a tube in it. If I can find someone to put a tube in it, I'll have two rims for the bike. But I'll try the replacement rim first. Not sure I will trust it to hold air.
    Just make sure the installer uses a rim strip to cover the inside of the spokes,even if the inside spoke nipples are covered with silicone.They will chafe through with time.

3. #1913 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey everyone.... new to the forum. Quick question ... I need to purchase a new set of studs for my rear sprocket and Scooterdept won't have any in stock until 3 months from now which is horrible... does anyone know the size & kind of studs these are and where I can purchase a new set from?

I asked scooterdepot and they said they couldn't give me the info because they didn't have the DF250 in stock the check . Hope you guys can help.

4. #1914 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhen View Post
    Hey everyone.... new to the forum. Quick question ... I need to purchase a new set of studs for my rear sprocket and Scooterdept won't have any in stock until 3 months from now which is horrible... does anyone know the size & kind of studs these are and where I can purchase a new set from?

I asked scooterdepot and they said they couldn't give me the info because they didn't have the DF250 in stock the check . Hope you guys can help.
    Welcome, this is a new one. What happened to the originals? If you have one left, take it to your best hardware store & match up with a nut to establish tread specs. Then find a replacement bolt that could be altered to work temporarily. Order the originals ASAP & wait.
    Also try OLD BIKE BARN (they sell our rear sprocket in a variety of sizes) if you know your tread size they may have your/our studs.
    888-851-5559
    Share a picture of your bike & tell us alittle about yourself & biking.

5. #1915 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the info ... I went to the hardware stores & motorcycle shops and no luck! I've attached a pic of my bike, as well as the studs I am looking for. I'm new to motorcycles lol This is actually my first bike. I did all the mods on my bike by myself. I was riding my bike and I hit a huge dip... the chain came off and bent the hell out of my sprocket and completely damaged my studs.

1329326012246.jpgIMAG0666.jpg

6. #1916 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for the info ... I went to the hardware stores & motorcycle shops and no luck! I've attached a pic of my bike, as well as the studs I am looking for. I'm new to motorcycles lol This is actually my first bike. I did all the mods on my bike by myself. I was riding my bike and I hit a huge dip... the chain came off and bent the hell out of my sprocket and completely damaged my studs.

1329326012246.jpgIMAG0666.jpg
    damn dude i wish i knew what to tell you. you might want to check with other dealers that sell the bike and claim to stock parts for it. i think killer motorsports claims to stock the parts for it but don't quote me on that, i got mine from scooter depot too.

7. #1917 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks guys...I went back to autozone and this guy walks in and sees my rim and bolts and tells me he builds bikes and that he could fix it. For $20 this guy just made new threads inside the rim with good bolts so I wouldn't have this problem again! My sprocket is even tighter then it was at first. I'm putting the tire back on as I speak and I'm good to ride tonight.

8. #1918 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks guys...I went back to autozone and this guy walks in and sees my rim and bolts and tells me he builds bikes and that he could fix it. For $20 this guy just made new threads inside the rim with good bolts so I wouldn't have this problem again! My sprocket is even tighter then it was at first. I'm putting the tire back on as I speak and I'm good to ride tonight.
    Good!
    With the hard tail design, I'm still concerned that a road surface condition would break a chain.
    Was the chain loose or tight? (lower mid should flex 1/2")
    Did you replace the chain?
    Was this the original 45 tooth sprocket.
    Will repair allow you to mod to a lower tooth sprocket in the future?

9. #1919 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Good!
    With the hard tail design, I'm still concerned that a road surface condition would break a chain.
    Was the chain loose or tight? (lower mid should flex 1/2")
    Did you replace the chain?
    Was this the original 45 tooth sprocket.
    Will repair allow you to mod to a lower tooth sprocket in the future?
    1/2"? i usually keep my chain a little more loose, between 3/4" and 1" of play. from what i understand it's better if it's a little more loose than too tight. too tight results in hard shifting and with this bike i don't know if i really trust the shift linkage, hard shifting might cause it to break.

10. #1920 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Glad you found a way around the broken studs. I buy that guy a case of beer.