Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 212 of 634 FirstFirst ... 62162192202210211212213214222232262362 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 6336
  1. #2111 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I lined my tank, but when I put it on it leaked. I ended up taking it to a local welder and got the spot fixed. No problems from there, but I ended up repainting the tank. I definitely didn't tighten it very much, and used lock tite with no problems. I'm keeping my eye on it pretty closely, because a gasoline bath isn't very fun.
    DF 250 RTB

2. #2112 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=Babyswiss;44462

Gun Rod, was your new tank a bear to install? I seem to remember you having to do some mods on the new tank. I wouldn't mind getting a larger capacity tank anyway. Any ideas or recommendations on replacement tanks?[/QUOTE]

Changing the tank was the most difficult mod i've made, but the most rewarding. Long range, no vapor lock, leaks or stains.
    Wide variety out there and no perfect choice. Watch the tunnel width. Even with 3"I still needed to grind off original tank brackets and shape reulator. I used the Paughco 818A.

3. #2113 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    They make a Plastic liner (http://powersport-superstore-inc.ama...source=froogle) i used this one on my old motorcycle with existing rust in it. worked awesome!!!

Also i switched the main jet from the maufacturer (105) to a 112* and its a huge difference in performance! with a little tweak to the air fuel mix screw ( towards engine on carberator) it runs well with not being too lean or way too rich, small back fires and rough riding, but tweaks and plugging additional EPA regulation vacuum ports i am sure it will be doing very well!

4. #2114 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    So i recieved my bobber less than a week ago and found this forum since then and love it. this is my first bike and i think it will be a good starter. first thing i did was order a set of drag bars for it(20 bucks on ebay, cant beat that). i actually got my mso in the mail a day before the bike got dropped off. the VIN was not in the dmv system here so possibly the first one registered in Illinois but just took a little longer than the usual at a dmv anyway and i got my plate. insurance was a bit tricky but i got that too and have only put 53 miles on it so far. but in those 50 miles both of my mirrors have fallen out and shattered (so im gonna order some bar end mirrors), my speedo has decided to stop working, and ive found that my front tire is looseing about 15psi a day. also the gas cap leaves a streak down the left side of my tank. all small problems and with the help of all you guys out there i hope to get her rollin good very quickly. from what ive read so far im going to pull thig egr shit off imediatly and see what that does. my first question i guess is where do i go about finding jets? thanks again for this site. i bought this blindly and cant wait to see what i can get her to do...

5. #2115 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Changing the tank was the most difficult mod i've made, but the most rewarding. Long range, no vapor lock, leaks or stains.
    Wide variety out there and no perfect choice. Watch the tunnel width. Even with 3"I still needed to grind off original tank brackets and shape reulator. I used the Paughco 818A.
    Was there any welding involved or after you removed the brackets and reshaped the regulator did it bolt right to the frame?

6. #2116 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    Was there any welding involved or after you removed the brackets and reshaped the regulator did it bolt right to the frame?
    Tank design allowed two holes drilled, rear vertical, front horizontal. No welding.

7. #2117 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Roll
    Your work has paid off, very attractive look.
    Sorry to read about your lights. I found my headlamp wire from the switch on the handelbar was dead ended in my wiring harness leading under the tank & a connection point wired to a wrong wire. See old posts Nov/Dec '11. Barnone helped me find it.
    Now have full control of my lights.
    I gave up on my speedo, removed it. Now just enjoy the views.Attachment 7439
    hey gun, i just noticed the other day while i was riding and it was starting to get dark that i couldn't see my headlight but when i pulled in the driveway and hit the brake then it brightened up. was this similar to the problem you had with the headlight. if i take off the tank and connect the correct wires together, will that fix the dimming problem?

8. #2118 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Had the same problem, easily fixed, here is post #952:
    Headlight dimming issue resolved!!! After checking everything out with a friend who has a good knowledge of electrics it is confirmed as reported by Reporon that there is a blue wire with white stripe underneath the left side of the gas tank that connects to a dark green wire. It is the only single wire to single wire connection underneath the tank. For some reason as you rev the engine the voltage actually drops from the dark green wire. SOLUTION: Disconnect the wires, cap the green wire and connect the blue wire with white stripe to one of the black wires which are usually a constant 12V (backwards from the black ground we are used to). Now the headlight comes on with the ignition switch and the headlight gets brighter with the engine RPM's and maintains a constant brightness. Also happy to report that there has been no battery problems wiring the headlight that way.

9. #2119 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Before I even fired up my df250rtb I changed out the oil. Changed out the drain plug to the rare earth magnetic one. Went to the 38 tooth rear sprocket. Took off the EFI stuff. Changed out the bars to drag bars. And yes, the mirrors have go to go. The stock ones fell off. Went through the slow break in. I had to adjust the drive chain three times now. Might just replace it. Also the same with the clutch cable. But 600 miles runs like a champ. As for the jets, Don't think I will mess with them as yet. Might later on down the road.

DSC00002.jpg

My front tire leaked air also, Made one call and they sent me a new rim, tire, the whole works. Took about a month tho.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan9449 View Post
    So i recieved my bobber less than a week ago and found this forum since then and love it. this is my first bike and i think it will be a good starter. first thing i did was order a set of drag bars for it(20 bucks on ebay, cant beat that). i actually got my mso in the mail a day before the bike got dropped off. the VIN was not in the dmv system here so possibly the first one registered in Illinois but just took a little longer than the usual at a dmv anyway and i got my plate. insurance was a bit tricky but i got that too and have only put 53 miles on it so far. but in those 50 miles both of my mirrors have fallen out and shattered (so im gonna order some bar end mirrors), my speedo has decided to stop working, and ive found that my front tire is looseing about 15psi a day. also the gas cap leaves a streak down the left side of my tank. all small problems and with the help of all you guys out there i hope to get her rollin good very quickly. from what ive read so far im going to pull thig egr shit off imediatly and see what that does. my first question i guess is where do i go about finding jets? thanks again for this site. i bought this blindly and cant wait to see what i can get her to do...

10. #2120 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    Had the same problem, easily fixed, here is post #952:
    Headlight dimming issue resolved!!! After checking everything out with a friend who has a good knowledge of electrics it is confirmed as reported by Reporon that there is a blue wire with white stripe underneath the left side of the gas tank that connects to a dark green wire. It is the only single wire to single wire connection underneath the tank. For some reason as you rev the engine the voltage actually drops from the dark green wire. SOLUTION: Disconnect the wires, cap the green wire and connect the blue wire with white stripe to one of the black wires which are usually a constant 12V (backwards from the black ground we are used to). Now the headlight comes on with the ignition switch and the headlight gets brighter with the engine RPM's and maintains a constant brightness. Also happy to report that there has been no battery problems wiring the headlight that way.
    thanks Babyswiss, i was looking for this post but there were a lot of posts to flip through.