Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 59 of 634 FirstFirst ... 9394957585960616979109209 ... LastLast
  1. #581 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by jape View Post
    Come on you bobber fanatics you need to get out more! Remember this is not a site just for these weird machines and the freaks who love them so much! Get over to the ride report threads, look at the amazing pictures and scenery put up recently by in China riders of other chinabikes, and say g'day more often and support the other members! We enjoy your antics and your own pics and vids but you seem a bit too exclusive, join in please.
    jape,
    What? I'll stay away awhile. Heading to North Carolina on Saturday so will post some ride reports.

EDIT: My migration to NC has been delayed for a week or so.
    Last edited by barnone; 05-13-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #582 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob The Other One's Avatar
    This is a quote from: http://www.oldschoolhardknock.com/ about the new models. They have "250cc" engines now.

First off, the frame is 4" longer to fit the 250cc V-twin engine comfortably. Increased the wheel rim size from 15" to 16" making the new Hardknock even longer and a little taller.

I like the suicide shift and the red rims with white walls. Would this be difficult to do on the DF? I also like the idea of building the whole kit, but not if it can't be street legal.

3. #583 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Any pictures of a 6 foot tall guy on one of these yet? I would like to see how foolish I would look.

4. #584 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Called the DMV and my insurance company here in MA. They cannot give me an bit of help without a VIN # so I guess i'm just going to have to wait and see. I sent an email to the web site I want to get it from. It's listed there for 1800 cheapest I have seen. I have asked them if it IS legal in MA. I will be saving the email for paypal in case I have issues once I get the bike

5. #585 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Called the DMV and my insurance company here in MA. They cannot give me an bit of help without a VIN # so I guess i'm just going to have to wait and see. I sent an email to the web site I want to get it from. It's listed there for 1800 cheapest I have seen. I have asked them if it IS legal in MA. I will be saving the email for paypal in case I have issues once I get the bike
    Which web site is that? I think there is a VIN # listed earlier in this thread.

6. #586 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    jape,
    What? I'll stay away awhile. Heading to North Carolina on Saturday so will post some ride reports.
    Not you Vince! You always spread yourself around and without you this amazing thread wouldn't exist - no, a pointer to all the newbies to look around the site and see all the diversity and ability of china-bikes and china-riders, broaden their horizons. They're going to need something to do on wet weekends sitting at home in the LaZBoy, nursing their crushed testicles and pissing blood from their mashed kidneys. Bourbon don't cure everything you know, I tried it!
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

7. #587 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Ha! Ha! The CJ750 pages interest me too.

8. #588 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys, my apologies for not officially introducing myself yet, but since I don't have a chinese bike yet there is little point.
    Anyway, I've been following this thread for a while now and was wondering if anybody knows if they ship to South Africa?

9. #589 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Cleveland Cycle Werks bobbers are officially imported and sold in SA; not sure of the Dong Fang bike, though. Contact the manufacturer...

10. #590 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    CCW did copy the heist only put lager wheels on it for the most part, CCW used to be in business with kikker, but Kelly Kikker fuct them over and they broke off and started ot make legal bike a where the Kelly Kikker is being investigated on how he even got his bikes in the country let alone put bullshit VIN#'s on them and bogus MSO's. I do however think the kikker is the most sexy bike I have every laid my eyes on and its a shame they are 100% illegal =(
    I was actually looking at getting one of those before I found the DF and the only thing that stopped me wasnt not wanting to jump through 1000's of hoops to get a kikker regged and I also read all over the place they just fall apart when your riding them :P