Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 60 of 634 FirstFirst ... 10405058596061627080110210 ... LastLast
  1. #591 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Morning Culcune,

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a look and contact them.

2. #592 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    good day men, I have a df sprocket question. on the rear sprocket if I grab it a 3 & 9 o'clock I can move it back & forth. I can see some space between the sprocket & the big washer next to the c-clip. is this normal for this bike. should I try to shim it up? thanks for the input.

3. #593 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other One View Post
    Any pictures of a 6 foot tall guy on one of these yet? I would like to see how foolish I would look.
    The DF is a full size bike so I guess you would not look anymore foolish than me at 6' 215bs.
    Last edited by barnone; 10-27-2011 at 02:47 AM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #594 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by reporon View Post
    good day men, I have a df sprocket question. on the rear sprocket if I grab it a 3 & 9 o'clock I can move it back & forth. I can see some space between the sprocket & the big washer next to the c-clip. is this normal for this bike. should I try to shim it up? thanks for the input.
    How much movement are you noticing? Do you have an after market sprocket? Are the nuts tight?
    I just went out and checked the rear sprocket and don't feel any play. Seems like when I had it apart to change the rear sprocket, it seemed to be a floating arrangement so you might be able to feel a little movement. It was a little tricky to get reassembled properly but it's been a while since I changed the sprocket.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #595 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebobber View Post
    Called the DMV and my insurance company here in MA. They cannot give me an bit of help without a VIN # so I guess i'm just going to have to wait and see. I sent an email to the web site I want to get it from. It's listed there for 1800 cheapest I have seen. I have asked them if it IS legal in MA. I will be saving the email for paypal in case I have issues once I get the bike
    Bob,
    What web site has the $1800 price for the DF? I bought mine from Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx for $2199.99 and that included shipping to my house.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #596 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Bob,
    What web site has the $1800 price for the DF? I bought mine from Chad at http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx for $2199.99 and that included shipping to my house.
    I bought a bike from that place yesterday. Different bike but I hopped on live chat and pointed them to 2 websites with lower prices and they matched them via a coupon code. Wanted to stay with a company based out of the midwest.

7. #597 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    CCW did copy the heist only put lager wheels on it for the most part, CCW used to be in business with kikker, but Kelly Kikker fuct them over and they broke off and started ot make legal bike a where the Kelly Kikker is being investigated on how he even got his bikes in the country let alone put bullshit VIN#'s on them and bogus MSO's. I do however think the kikker is the most sexy bike I have every laid my eyes on and its a shame they are 100% illegal =(
    I was actually looking at getting one of those before I found the DF and the only thing that stopped me wasnt not wanting to jump through 1000's of hoops to get a kikker regged and I also read all over the place they just fall apart when your riding them :P
    Aboshi,
    So you are saying that the Heist is a copy of the Hardknock 200? Sure looks like it to me. Are they made in the same factory?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #598 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    CCW did copy the heist only put lager wheels on it for the most part, CCW used to be in business with kikker, but Kelly Kikker fuct them over and they broke off and started ot make legal bike a where the Kelly Kikker is being investigated on how he even got his bikes in the country let alone put bullshit VIN#'s on them and bogus MSO's. I do however think the kikker is the most sexy bike I have every laid my eyes on and its a shame they are 100% illegal =(
    I was actually looking at getting one of those before I found the DF and the only thing that stopped me wasnt not wanting to jump through 1000's of hoops to get a kikker regged and I also read all over the place they just fall apart when your riding them :P
    LOL! There are some wild inaccuracies here. CCW was NEVER in business w/ Kikker. Period. Don't believe everything you read on internet. It seems all the CCW vs Kikker information comes from Kikker fans/owners/disgruntled ex-dealers etc. The bikes are similar in that they are bobbers. It ends there.

Scotty built a custom Kikker years ago and Kikker fans grabbed onto this and claimed it was photos of the early versions of the Heist. Just stirring the pot basically.

The Kikker is a great looking bike. I have nothing against it and have recently seen some builds of the new larger frame bikes. Simply awesome work from some of those guys. The Kikkers will fall apart if you put do not properly put them together.
    Kevin
    CCW Heist
    Shitwizard

9. #599 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #600 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob The Other One's Avatar
    This is the cheapest one that I have seen:
    http://www.expressatvs.com/prodcusto...linenumber=622
    It comes to $2020 with residential shipping. $1895 if you can get it shipped somewhere that is a commercial address with a loading dock. (I wonder if one of the farms around the corner has a loading dock and then I can roll it down the road to my house).

If there is still a cheaper site, I'd be interested to see it.

Edit: They added $183.05 shipping & $7 insurance upon checkout.
    Last edited by The Other One; 05-14-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Further investigation.