Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 67 of 634 FirstFirst ... 17475765666768697787117217 ... LastLast
  1. #661 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other One View Post
    Barnone,
    I am impressed with 80MPG going up and down the mountains. I am impressed that it could actually function well in the mountains period.

Aboshi,
    I am glad that you didn't get this registered before last week, or I might have bought one knowing that I could register it in NY. I am very happy with my Yamaha. Most of my friends are Harley guys and I would never be able to keep up with their huge bikes with that small engine.

Attachment 4317
    I am not sure if I am ever going to pass a road test with the ape hangers on my bike. I can't get it to do the tight circles let alone figure 8s. I'll keep practicing, but I may need to find someone with a 250 to lend me or dish out the $300 to get my license through the safety course.
    (Thats a picture the previous owner took. I will take some pictures by two waterfalls in my town this week. I wish I would have taken a picture at the other waterfall last week. I think my sister in law snapped some pictures of me riding it. I'll ask her).
    Other,
    Why don't you start another thread with your info and photos of your Yamaha bobber?
    Thanks
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #662 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob The Other One's Avatar
    Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Some of the others were asking. This message board probably isn't the best place to post about a yamaha bike anyway. I am interested in finding out how your bike continues to hold up. You are deffinitely doing a good job testing it out.

I started a thread over here: http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=32012.html
    (Seemed more appropriate on a sight for that bike. Would be good to be connected with people who now my bike too).
    Last edited by The Other One; 06-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.

3. #663 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    I am very interested in getting one of these bikes, but I am concerned with the MSO/MCO. I live in NC and I don't want any issues with registration. Do you guys know of a website that sells these that I am guranteed to get a Street Legal MSO and not a "For Off-Road Only" MSO? Thanks in advance!

4. #664 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by grrr... View Post
    I am very interested in getting one of these bikes, but I am concerned with the MSO/MCO. I live in NC and I don't want any issues with registration. Do you guys know of a website that sells these that I am guranteed to get a Street Legal MSO and not a "For Off-Road Only" MSO? Thanks in advance!
    grrr,
    I am over in Robbinsville,NC for the summer with my Dong Fang bobber. I bought mine from Chad at
    http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx
    and got a proper MSO after a few missteps on his part. He should be set up now to fix you up right. Give him a call and mention that Vince Santamaria sent you. He seems to have the best price. $2199.99 delivered.
    My DF is registered in Florida but you should be ok in NC. Like mentioned above pay for the bike with PayPal or credit card so you have some leverage if the deal goes sour.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #665 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by The Other One View Post
    Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Some of the others were asking. This message board probably isn't the best place to post about a yamaha bike anyway. I am interested in finding out how your bike continues to hold up. You are deffinitely doing a good job testing it out.

I started a thread over here: http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=32012.html
    (Seemed more appropriate on a sight for that bike. Would be good to be connected with people who now my bike too).
    Other,
    No problem with the highjack.

"Barnone,
    I am impressed with 80MPG going up and down the mountains. I am impressed that it could actually function well in the mountains period."

She is handing the mountains just fine but did slow down in 5th gear but a down shift to 4th handle the ride over the Cherohala Skyway at 5300' .
    Such a joy to ride a bike here compared to flat Florida. I got behind some slow ass Harleys on the Dragon Friday that would not pull over to let me pass. Most cars and trucks will pull over and let you pass but not the Pirates on the Hogs.

All my vehicles get better MPG here in the mountains because of the lack of stop and go driving. Just got over 85 MPG on my XT225.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #666 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    grrr,
    I am over in Robbinsville,NC for the summer with my Dong Fang bobber. I bought mine from Chad at
    http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...r-chopper.aspx
    and got a proper MSO after a few missteps on his part. He should be set up now to fix you up right. Give him a call and mention that Vince Santamaria sent you. He seems to have the best price. $2199.99 delivered.
    My DF is registered in Florida but you should be ok in NC. Like mentioned above pay for the bike with PayPal or credit card so you have some leverage if the deal goes sour.
    Sounds good. I am also looking at the CCW tha heist. I know it's 1k more, but I can physically see it at a dealer in Apex NC and I will be able to ride out with tags installed. What would you recommend? Risking it with the DF or going for the CCW? Thanks in advance!

7. #667 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by grrr... View Post
    Sounds good. I am also looking at the CCW tha heist. I know it's 1k more, but I can physically see it at a dealer in Apex NC and I will be able to ride out with tags installed. What would you recommend? Risking it with the DF or going for the CCW? Thanks in advance!
    Of course I would say go with the DF because that what I have but the Heist boys will say go with their bike so I am no help to you. If you are not an experienced wrench you might be better off with a dealer and the Heist but in my case I'd rather save the $1k. Both bikes are Chinese so don't expect any resale value. Also they are push rod 229cc engines so don't expect a lot of performance. Like Cycle World said in their Heist writeup, " they are fine if you are not going too far or too fast".

Guys are into Sportster money with their Heists. The Other One bought a Yamaha bobber for half the DF money. You can probably pick up a used Sportster for Heist money and then resell it later and get you money out of it.
    Last edited by barnone; 06-05-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #668 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Gordo:

No clue if the bike is going back or not, the never showed they day they were supposed to pick it up or the following day during the time frame the said they'd show...

barnone:

I had no choice and had to reg the bike, if I left it in the street the city would pick it up impound it and then do their damnedest to find out who put it on the street to charge the impound fees, then get fined for having an unregistered/non inspected bike and that racks up insanely fast. What really sux is I had to just come out of pocket now $400 in total to get the tag :P $98 for insurance and $318 tax tag title...
    Either way the CC Co. went in our favor and issued the charge back and now I'm just charging the $20 a day storage fees and I doubt they will come to pick the bike up. We also have an on going BBB claim. They lied and said they never had dealings with me lol I sent the BBB the invoice and receipt of sale to prove them wrong and call them out.
    They are also committing fraud against the shipping Co. by saying the bike doesn't run right so it's the shipping Co's fault and said that I should file a claim against them... They are some serious scumbags!

9. #669 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Aboshi,
    What a mess. I would have made an artificial reef out of the bike before I spent any money. But that's just me.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #670 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    lol I typically would but then it would poison the place where I surf :(
    This has been a mess so far but its all good, if they don't pay the storage fees I'll just sell this ting off =)