Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 207 of 634 FirstFirst ... 57157187197205206207208209217227257357 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 6336
  1. #2061 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by mototech77 View Post
    Engine and trans are combined. Use 10w-40 Motorcycle Oil.
    O okay lol thanx

2. #2062 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Definitely a wet clutch motorcycle oil. Makes it a little easier to find neutral, but it's still hard. Make sure you level the bike when you check the oil level. It leans pretty far right, and you can end up adding way too much oil if it's not level.
    DF 250 RTB

3. #2063 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=mustang1288;44089]What kind of oil and trans fluid are u guys using?[/QUOTE

After break in, I went with Royal Purple motorcycle oi for wet clutch. Helps finding neutral.

4. #2064 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    im from yesteryear (remember when they named Dirt ? I do :p ) , old bike motor or copy of really old motor I use normal 10/40 , cant hit nuetral with bike running though , but not adjusted clutch either

but im the exception rather than the rule , Im not following owners manuel for it , even do my valve adjustments by "ear" and feel , I dont even change my oil I drain it strain it and pour it back in
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 05-27-2012 at 07:24 PM.

5. #2065 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Last night I put on my 37 tooth sprocket, and thought I was lucky because I didn't need to shorten the chain. I pulled the rear tire back pretty far, was on the second hash mark from the rear. Since I had a few beers while changing the sprocket, I waited until today to see how it ran. No, it didn't take a long time to change the sprocket, I just like drinking beer. I rotated the rear wheel while it was up on blocks and it seemed to rotate freely. On my short test ride, the sprocket seemed to make a difference, but I could hear a grinding noise. Back to the house to check to see what was rubbing. It seemed like the disk brake, but I didn't make any changes while changing the sprocket. If you look at the upper arrow, you can see where the disk was being rubbed. The bottom arrow shows the space between the point where the rear brake is attached to the bike and the brake assembly. When I tightened the chain, the attachment point pressed on the brake holder, which pushed it in toward the disk. The screw holding the assembly on was rubbing. I thought I was lucky not having to shorten the chain, but I ended up having to shorten it anyway. Thought I would give others a heads up to this problem. Just because you can stretch the chain to the desired length, doesn't mean the rest of the bike will like it.
    IMG_1310.jpg
    DF 250 RTB

6. #2066 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Less then a week of DF 250 RTB ownership, and I've already made some mods. Put on some euro style bars, and now my short arms can reach the handlebars a lot easier. A black bike wasn't available, so I ended up with a silver one. Custom paint on the tank, and it's not silver anymore. Because its a Chinese bike, I went with a rubbed Chinese furniture look. Red base with a matte black top coat. The biohazard symbol is kind of my motto. The tank has a distressed look with the red base showing through. Finding a matte clear coat is damn near impossible, but I used engine paint that is gas and oil resistant. A lot of wax will help protect as well. I have the front fender painted, but I still need to paint the rear. It was too nice not to ride, so some things have to wait. I put on a 37 tooth rear sprocket, and it was definitely a good investment. When the speedometer reads 70, I can hold steady while going up hill. I live up the highway that has an 8% grade, and the posted speed limit goes from 55 to 65. I got 100 miles on it over several short rides, but today I took it out at faster speeds and quickly put on 40 more. I love it.IMG_1313.JPGIMG_1314.JPG
    DF 250 RTB

7. #2067 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Like the custom paint. I had no problem with the front fender and gas tank, but on the rear fender I just didn't want to mess with all the wiring. I did remove the tail light bracket and ran a string up to the ceiling to hold it out of the way, Taped everything off and sprayed it with a flat black can from Walmart. I like the drag handle bars I put on it but I to need to have them closer. So I am going to change the risers and that will bring them back two inches. Quick and easy fix. Getting down to the small changes now. I have the 38 tooth sprocket. I took out two links.

Quote Originally Posted by rollenrock View Post
    but I ended up having to shorten it anyway. Thought I would give others a heads up to this problem. Just because you can stretch the chain to the desired length, doesn't mean the rest of the bike will like it.
    IMG_1310.jpg
    brake.jpg

That is probably the best info posted here about changing the rear sproket.

Yeah, that's the Walmart parking lot it's pictured in. lol

DSC00015.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rollenrock View Post
    Less then a week of DF 250 RTB ownership, and I've already made some mods. Put on some euro style bars, and now my short arms can reach the handlebars a lot easier. A black bike wasn't available, so I ended up with a silver one. Custom paint on the tank, and it's not silver anymore. Because its a Chinese bike, I went with a rubbed Chinese furniture look. Red base with a matte black top coat. The biohazard symbol is kind of my motto. The tank has a distressed look with the red base showing through. Finding a matte clear coat is damn near impossible, but I used engine paint that is gas and oil resistant. A lot of wax will help protect as well. I have the front fender painted, but I still need to paint the rear. It was too nice not to ride, so some things have to wait. I put on a 37 tooth rear sprocket, and it was definitely a good investment. When the speedometer reads 70, I can hold steady while going up hill. I live up the highway that has an 8% grade, and the posted speed limit goes from 55 to 65. I got 100 miles on it over several short rides, but today I took it out at faster speeds and quickly put on 40 more. I love it.IMG_1313.JPGIMG_1314.JPG
    Last edited by ghost1133; 05-28-2012 at 10:32 AM.

8. #2068 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Well some bad news. My bike is currently out of commision.

I made the mistake of letting my brother ride it and he broke my gear shift linkage. Emailed killermotorsports for a replacement. My fear is that it will take a month to get here. I know these folks do not keep the bikes in stock so they probably have zero parts since they are only a drop shipper. My guess is my part will probably have to ship from China or CA.

Here are some photos I sent them:

Seems the metalurgy on these bikes are lacking. The metal looks cast as well.

9. #2069 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Wow, this looks like this might become a common issue with all of us in the future... Has anyone picked up the replacement shaft made by CCW manufacturers? They look super beefed up.
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

10. #2070 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Put my tank on yesterday, road over 40 miles, and then started out this morning. A few miles down the road and my crotch started to burn. Nope, not from bedroom activities, but from this. Damn it. Getting it welded tomorrow.
    DF 250 RTB