Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 230 of 634 FirstFirst ... 80180210220228229230231232240250280380 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 6336
  1. #2291 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    I have to say ghost, that was a mighty good job. I'll be scrounging up some materials this weekend. :]
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

2. #2292 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Gotta love Ebay. $5 for goggles, $6 for mirrors and $24 for a spare shift rod.

The mirrors stay put unlike the stock ones that move from vibration as soon as you start the bike. Havent tried the shift rod yet.

Picture 2279.jpgPicture 2277.jpgPicture 2278.jpg

3. #2293 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    How many cubic inches are our motors?

Almost 14 if I'm correct
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

5. #2295 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    The rattle in your exhaust is probably the inner pipe rattling against the outer pipe. I took mine to a custom exhaust shop and he cut in half right near the start of the larger diameter section and determined it was a two pipe design which is common he said. He drilled a hole underneath the heat shield and welded the two pipes together. That "fix" broke right away on me. If yours is like mine the rattle goes away when you press your foot down on the heat shield. I removed my heat shield and drilled two holes through the outer pipe. I then took two self threading machine screws and tightened them down "cinching" the inner pipe so it cant rattle anymore. The screws can't be seen because they are under the heat shield. Been a few months and she is still rattle free!!! My friends told me to let it rattle but it drove me CRAZY!!! Definitely glad I got rid of it.
    It worked, shot a couple screws under the heat shield and no more rattle.

Thanks Babyswiss

6. #2296 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Damn near put myself & someone else in the hospital yesterday at Mid-Ohio VMD. I was tooling around about 5 mph on my DF when I spotted a Heist parked along a row of bikes to my left. So I start to hang a left U turn when I hear the squeal of tires locking up followed by a fellow on a brand new Kymco scooter doing about 20 mph crashing into my side. Fortunately no one got hurt or even damaged either bike. We sort of absorbed the force each other's contact as he was fully geared-up with a heavy riding jacket, and I'm... really fat and doughy. I profoundly apologized to the Kymco rider clearly stating it was 100% my fault. He righted himself and shook the whole thing off. Good sport. As I pulled around and looked back, I see about 30 people in a queue all on brand new Kymco scooters, stopped, with stunned looks on their faces. The guy I hit was leading a factory demo ride for new riders. True!

Oh by the way, the Heist I was checking out was very nice looking. Black as I recall, and the rider's helmet was white with eyeball graphics. I't all -your- fault.

7. #2297 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    that last post was priceless Bella , made my day

and ya "about" 15 CI (250 cc = 15.25 ci , and we have 230's)

everywere I go I keep getting questions , so I'm looking for 2 decent sized FisherPrice logos to mount on it , lolz

8. #2298 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I've always tried to follow the "don't go faster than your headlights allow" adage, but the headlight on the bobber left little to be desired, even if using the high beams. I've tried multiple things to enhance the light, but not all worked as expected, and the mount isn't conducive to a lot of options. I tried an HID with internal ballast that was supposed to work on a 12V current with 6 amps, but I couldn't get it to do more than flicker. I tried to up the bulb watts, but had no noticeable difference that made it worth while. I kept searching, and I ended up finding a 30 LED white headlight. It was designed for a motorcycle, but the hardware to attach it didn't seem plausible. I got a 5" headlight because it was available, and I didn't think I'd have the clearance for an 8". It was about $60 with shipping. I thought I would try to remove the mount from the existing headlight and weld it onto this new one, but I wasn't having very good luck removing the mount from the new one. After some experimenting, I was able to separate the clear shield from the silver back of the existing headlight. I removed the bulbs. With the new headlight, I removed the ring, pulled out the housing and the glass shield, then put it inside the old headlamp case between the silver housing and the plastic shield. This sandwich effect firmly holds all pieces together without any rattle or jiggle. It also fits perfectly since I'm using the old case. It came with posts and clips to match up the old wiring to the new harness. No soldering needed, just a crimp. Two wires are centered on the back of the new light, and they were easy to route just as the originally wiring. There is room for the wiring harness inside the case. I terminated the rest of the wiring to the headlight at the existing harness under the tank. I don't have a high beam, and it's not entirely DOT approved, but I can see a lot further in the dark, and I am more noticeable during the day. I haven't taken it on a test ride because of other issues, but I am going to be a lot less worried about getting home before dark. I'll post more after a test ride to let you know how it goes.
    DF 250 RTB

9. #2299 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hope you get those other issues taken care of Rollenrock, so you can ride.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=ridewmv.mp4

Juat for the hey of it.

10. #2300 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Does anyone know if Old Bike Barns part #of 33339339 or jtr279.35t--- 35t rear sprocket (520have chain) will match the bike on the rear? Or is it too loose of a fit?