Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 328 of 634 FirstFirst ... 178278308318326327328329330338348378478 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 6336
  1. #3271 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    Ok, so as everyone knows I am planning on painting my bike after the summer season. I came across this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9Dx617N8 and am cosidering this method. Any idea's?
    Hi Skullwortz, I have been working on bobbing out my honda rebel, yes I know guy's this is the DF-250 sight. I used the plasti-dip on my biike and it works great for $6 a can! As soon as I get it done I will post pics. Just to let you guy's know the dealer that ordered mine I told him that I would have to pass on it just because I thought it best. I had to go look at it and take it for a spin. It looks cool! But I am happy to have got the Honda Rebel.

2. #3272 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by terrilb05 View Post
    Hi Skullwortz, I have been working on bobbing out my honda rebel, yes I know guy's this is the DF-250 sight. I used the plasti-dip on my biike and it works great for $6 a can! As soon as I get it done I will post pics. Just to let you guy's know the dealer that ordered mine I told him that I would have to pass on it just because I thought it best. I had to go look at it and take it for a spin. It looks cool! But I am happy to have got the Honda Rebel.
    Cant wait to see how it turned out!! As far as getting a Rebel, as long as your on two wheels and loving it!

3. #3273 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    yes i use standard car oil , Ive never even changed it , Ive drained and strained it , but still using same oil as I put in it that 1st day some 5k mikes ago

the BULBS on this bike are terrible , everything that runs continuosly , tail running light / headlights , break every time you hit a good bump

I put in a car sealed beam headlamp , and a 4" strip of LED's from autoparts store into rear brake for running lights , I still use standard bulb for normal brake light

dont fool yourself thinking changing bulbs in tail lamp will help its a hard tail , I went thru about 50 bulbs , all brakelight still working but busted running light be4 I wised up

Ive often concidered getting a rebel , pulling the motor and putting it in my bike and putting my motor into the rebel then selling the rebel for what I bought it for :p

4. #3274 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Their are china clones for Yamaha and Honda Rebels. Honda CA250 253FMM 250/300 Twin 4T
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

5. #3275 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    no I meant to have a fully servicable , by any motorcycle mechanic honda rebel motor (or any other sm honda motor) , as its a honda clone any sm honda should be a direct bolt in
    as Ive had them tell me they dont wanna touch the china clone motor

besides the fact the american motors squeeze out a few more HP which = speed for better freeway use

Ive been doing it all myself , but hands not working like they used to and backs acting up , knee's going ect

but all said n done , Im still happy with it , even though its prob only producing 8-9HPower and untill it gives me a problem ill ride

6. #3276 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    All of you guys that are running a non-see through filter on your crankcase breather. This is what I discovered inside my "clear" filter yesterday as I was doing service to my bike. So, if you cant see inside or take the filter apart then you can and could have a serious problem arising. If you dont have it terminated and its running into your electronics box then this is the crap thats blowing in on your wiring.IMG_20130402_145649.jpgIMG_20130402_145713.jpgIMG_20130402_145816.jpg

7. #3277 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    All of you guys that are running a non-see through filter on your crankcase breather. This is what I discovered inside my "clear" filter yesterday as I was doing service to my bike. So, if you cant see inside or take the filter apart then you can and could have a serious problem arising. If you dont have it terminated and its running into your electronics box then this is the crap thats blowing in on your wiring.IMG_20130402_145649.jpgIMG_20130402_145713.jpgIMG_20130402_145816.jpg
    What in the hell is it? To top it all its white!
    2010 Dong Fang 250RTB

8. #3278 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by terrilb05 View Post
    And, by the way it's skullworkz not skullwortz. Skullwortz would be a very bad thing if there were such a thing, and it would probably make a GREAT name for a metal band! Can't wait to see the pics of this plastic coated bike!!! What color is it?! And, if you don't like it you can peel it off! And, also, is the pic in your profile the look your going for on your build? Edit >OK, sorry not trying to sound like a jerk>just pointing it out

9. #3279 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    What in the hell is it? To top it all its white!
    What your looking at is oil from the crankcase breathing and natural condensation in the tubing and filters from covered outside storage. I have a very large red barn type wood shed that is at the end of my driveway and thats where I store my bike. So, as the bike warms up and cools down it makes steam that comes out of your crankcase breather. Since it is coming out of your engine that "steam" will have oil attached to it and when it cools it makes the very nasty looking substance pictured above. I cant imagine this stuff being blown into my carb on the new models!

10. #3280 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crelow View Post
    Yea, i wanna see too.

pictures as requested. It's not 100% perfect.. but remember this was done with a rattle can and not my HVLP. I used 2 cans of rustoleum Satin black between the tank and fenders. I could have used less than half of one can.. but I wanted it layed on thick. After the paint was dry.. i used 2000 grit sand paper with spray wax as the lube. Then I used some rubbing compound, followed by a quick finish of spray wax again.

It's more of a matte/satin than a flat which I like. It's a a bit deeper than the stock color and much more resilient. A little spotty in a few places but I cleaned it up nice. Also this paint is an exact match for the stock frame color if you need to do touch ups.

btw idk about yours.. but the bottom of my tank was nasty RUST orange primer. I didnt bother painting this area, as I will re do the paint correctly with my HVLP gun at some point, but it looks fine for now