Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 329 of 634 FirstFirst ... 179279309319327328329330331339349379479 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 6336
  1. #3281 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Nice work bobthebobber. I was thinking about gloss black but i think i like yours better.

2. #3282 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    I have the correct oil installed, just curious what everyone else is using with success.
    Lucas 10w-40 semi synthetic high performance motorcycle oil. No problems with it but I have yet to do my first oil change. Only have 450m on it right now. Waiting to hit 600 per the owners manual.

3. #3283 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by freezerboy View Post
    Hey GonzoX, Does this look familiar?? This happened on my second ride out.
    OMG I still have the photo I took. I have a habbit of saving photos. Good or bad sometimes its good to keep records.

Glad you got it fixed. I would still order a third party replacement though. That way you have a spare. I keep the new one in my tool bag.

I also did the extra nut thing but the reverse threaded one is impossible to find locally.

To Crelow and others: I suggest you order a third party rod now as I guarantee the stock rod WILL break. It's just a matter of time. Very little money for having piece of mind in your toolbag. Mine was only about $25 or so per DanDaMan's link. That's where I got mine.

4. #3284 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Lucas 10w-40 semi synthetic high performance motorcycle oil. No problems with it but I have yet to do my first oil change. Only have 450m on it right now. Waiting to hit 600 per the owners manual.
    6 months or 600 miles. I'm glad I changed mine as it was really sludgey on the magnetic oil plug. Also, it had the silver sheen to it. It didn't have anything noticeable in the filter upon inspection. I have also noticed that the rod that you guys have that are breaking is a different color than mine. Yours seem to be a goldish color and mine is more of a silver color. I wonder if they are from different stock? I'll snap a pic of it when I get a minute.

5. #3285 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    [QUOTE=DanDaMan;55661]yes i use standard car oil , Ive never even changed it , Ive drained and strained it , but still using same oil as I put in it that 1st day some 5k mikes ago

the BULBS on this bike are terrible , everything that runs continuosly , tail running light / headlights , break every time you hit a good bump

I put in a car sealed beam headlamp , and a 4" strip of LED's from autoparts store into rear brake for running lights , I still use standard bulb for normal brake light

dont fool yourself thinking changing bulbs in tail lamp will help its a hard tail , I went thru about 50 bulbs , all brakelight still working but busted running light be4 I wised up

Tip on Tail lite: I found a 1157 tail lite bulb at Autozone that is a LED/ Just plugged right in to
    the socket no mods needed and it should last forever as LEDs are not affected by vibration. Cost was about 7 bucks/ I then added a small plastic mirror in the Tail lite housing at a 45 degree angle to throw off more lite as the LEDs are directional and the bulb is sideways in the housing. This makes the light shoot out the back where it is needed.
    Goodbar with Blue Fanger DF 250 RTB

6. #3286 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworkz View Post
    And, by the way it's skullworkz not skullwortz. Skullwortz would be a very bad thing if there were such a thing, and it would probably make a GREAT name for a metal band! Can't wait to see the pics of this plastic coated bike!!! What color is it?! And, if you don't like it you can peel it off! And, also, is the pic in your profile the look your going for on your build? Edit >OK, sorry not trying to sound like a jerk>just pointing it out
    I am doing a flat black on mine. I have the fenders done, headlight acces panels going to powerwash the frame before I do that. it has a bit of a shine to it not glossy whick I love. I can not believe this plasti-coat stuff it is great. I ordered some drag bars, new smaller mirrors, bullet back turn light, a Model A brake light and I ordered a tan solo seat. I want to post before and after pics after it is done which will be soon. I wanted to go with baby apes but the cost of longer wiring for all the cables did not want to do that yet.

7. #3287 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:36 PM.

8. #3288 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Last edited by chruk bashre; 06-27-2013 at 03:37 PM.

9. #3289 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello All,

Just want to throw out a quick question. Anyone know of an inexpensive tachometer (dial-gauge style, not LCD) for single-cylinder engines with DIS? The tach that Cleveland Cyclewerks has on their "Misfit" would be ideal but I doubt they sell them piecemeal. I've heard that you can convert a Sunpro gauge to work but I can't find much info on how.

10. #3290 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    be careful with the plastidip. The reason i didnt use it.. if you get a little scratch and wind gets under it, it will all just peel off like latex. Looks so nice though