Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 221 of 634 FirstFirst ... 71171201211219220221222223231241271371 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 6336
  1. #2201 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah, I guess Gardo's statements in that post took me by surprise as i'd never heard him go off on it like that. It's been mostly that he couldn't register it.

I almost owned a Heist last week but the dealer pulled a fast one on me. Sometimes I'm glad I have eagle eyes. Though I will still be getting a Heist, I almost went for the DF and it was what I found first online- the bike and this forum. There are a few reasons I wanted the DF- clearly the cost for one. Part of me likes the fact it's got black rims and engines covers as Florida sucks the life out of chrome. Painted rims easy to touch up over rusting chrome. Part of me liked the fact it was so cheap I would feel less guilty tearing into it :) a project bike. I wasn't looking forward to the possible gas tank leak though. I was seconds away from ordering the DF a few days ago when the Universe suddenly allowed me to try for another Heist. I'd love to own both actually. Just don't know what I could sell around the home for that money.

2. #2202 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by xetaprime View Post
    Wow, I'm always googling both Tha Heist and DF250RTB. Just found a post by Gardo that surprised me. He's always been pretty cool about the differences between the bikes. This was pretty harsh IMO.

http://www.alternativecruisers.com/i...;topic=17427.0
    Man that was like 15 months ago, and I was hot. Since then i have cooled down. I think some of the stuff you folks have done with the DF is great. I LOVE my Heist but there is room for all these small displacement machines.

I have over 13000 miles on my Heist. the Widow has been nothing but good to be some small issues from time to time but nothing some time in the garage didn't correct. Hell back in march I rode it from outside NYC to Daytona FL for Trailer Week...er Bike Week (lol) and back, 3000 mile round trip. Two weekends ago I rode up to Cleveland OH. In comparison 95 is so much better a road than Rt 80

100_0222[1].jpg
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #2203 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice video on youtube to Gardo, I love the irish music

4. #2204 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    I do love how that exhaust is routed. I would love to be able to use my kick start, something to think about in the future.
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

5. #2205 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    Grease the new lever and cable end.The switch is a clutch interlock.It is supposed to keep the bike from starting if it's in gear and the lever isn't pulled in.It stops run away bikes.

O.K. so my next question is.. do I really need the switch at all. I have only found a replacement Honda (used) lever with a switch on it. But have found tons of others without the switch. I have a habbit of putting the bike in neutral before i start it.. and honestly..does the switch even work.
    We the cable broke.. I attempted to start it in gear.. and it would but then stall... I fianlly started it in neuatral.. rolled it a bit while on it..and kicked it into first and she rode off ..luckily I was only a couple blocks from the house, so i rode in first until I got home with it.
    So again I ask.. do I really need the switch?

6. #2206 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    O.K. so my next question is.. do I really need the switch at all. I have only found a replacement Honda (used) lever with a switch on it. But have found tons of others without the switch. I have a habbit of putting the bike in neutral before i start it.. and honestly..does the switch even work.
    We the cable broke.. I attempted to start it in gear.. and it would but then stall... I fianlly started it in neuatral.. rolled it a bit while on it..and kicked it into first and she rode off ..luckily I was only a couple blocks from the house, so i rode in first until I got home with it.
    So again I ask.. do I really need the switch?
    Use a jumper between the two wires and you can ride.

7. #2207 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Very cool.
    In my wonderings looking for this clutch lever... I ran across a place called http://gokartsusa.com/Tha-Heist-Bobb...ent-Parts.aspx
    They have all kinds of parts for the heist. I was wondering.. do these parts work with this bobber. I tend to think they arer about the same bike.. are they? I see discussions all over .. and maybe Gardo would know seeing as how he has both.
    I think it would be real cool if these parts were interchangable.. but I do not want to just purchase based on trial and error.

8. #2208 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I almost have my bike complied here in New Zealand. They just require one more form a PDI pre delivery inspection report. A checklist from factory to say all was checked ok before delivery. Has anybody received anything like this with delivery of their bike. I will try contacting the factory but I think that will be a long shot, might have to get creative with making one
    Last edited by Mixmaster; 06-26-2012 at 04:13 AM.

9. #2209 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Anyone know anything about this bike?

From Sunny Powersports web site: CP_250V

cp_250v04.jpg

10. #2210 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    Anyone know anything about this bike?

From Sunny Powersports web site: CP_250V

cp_250v04.jpg
    Interesting bike.Looks good. A bit too flashy for my taste.. but still nice looking cruiser. First i have seen of it.