Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 634 FirstFirst ... 23456142454154 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    That really is a sweet looking bike. How did the ride to ranch go yesterday.

Go to know about that the tank has stickers.Esp that they come off. I was thinking a set of blacked out 10 or 11" Ape hangers and a paint job on the tank once i finish drawing it up. Was also thinking about redoing the rims in a red powdercoat
    Didn't make it to the ranch, decided to ride down to the beach instead.
    Last edited by barnone; 06-28-2011 at 02:05 AM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #32 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bighabeeb View Post
    Hey all, thrilled to have found this forum and thread. I had given up riding a few years ago at the insistence of my wife following a fairly nasty accident (pickup truck + motorcycle = boom boom)...however I was recently bitten by the bug after renting a bike while on vacation in florida. So I'm shopping around for something small and non-threatening, and have been looking at all the johnny pag/cleveland cycleworks offerings...clearly the pricing on this thing would make it fairly desirable, but I'm curious as to if there's any real noticeable differences between this bike and those? I'm not a big wrench-turner, so reading that it comes almost entirely assembled does offer me some comfort...

Also I am curious to see a photo of this bike with a normal sized person on it - I'm not terribly large, 5'10 and around 200lbs...but having seen some of the "Crate bikes" that friends have purchased in the past, I have concerns as to the definition of "full sized" ;)

How's the power feel on this thing? Not a big speed demon, but would like to know it can get up to 60 or so without having to get off and push...
    Thanks!
    bighabeeb,
    Welcome to the mad house. Good place to learn about Chinese bikes.

The Cleveland Cycle Werks Heist has the same engine as the Dong Fang Bobber. The Heist appears to be a little more fancy but I like the plain looks of the DF. If I was close to a real dealer handling the Heist then I might consider it but it's a grand more. Don't know much about the Johnny Pag so no comment on it.

I'll get a photo of me(5'11" 200lbs) on the bike.
    Still breaking mine in but it's not going to be a power house. Should be able to cruise at 60 MPH. It is fun to ride at a sedate pace. If you want more speed then you need more displacement.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

3. #33 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Bar - thanks!

What I'm really in it for is something I can mod and "Fancy up" as I see fit...add some billet of my own choosing rather than that chosen by the bike manufacturers....pop on a longer tank, move the seat down to be more of a true hardtail look...and of course, some big-ass apes :)

Basically, for 2 grand, I don't mind taking things apart and teaching myself how to put it back together :)

4. #34 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bighabeeb View Post
    Hey all, thrilled to have found this forum and thread. I had given up riding a few years ago at the insistence of my wife following a fairly nasty accident (pickup truck + motorcycle = boom boom)...however I was recently bitten by the bug after renting a bike while on vacation in florida. So I'm shopping around for something small and non-threatening, and have been looking at all the johnny pag/cleveland cycleworks offerings...clearly the pricing on this thing would make it fairly desirable, but I'm curious as to if there's any real noticeable differences between this bike and those? I'm not a big wrench-turner, so reading that it comes almost entirely assembled does offer me some comfort...

Also I am curious to see a photo of this bike with a normal sized person on it - I'm not terribly large, 5'10 and around 200lbs...but having seen some of the "Crate bikes" that friends have purchased in the past, I have concerns as to the definition of "full sized" ;)

How's the power feel on this thing? Not a big speed demon, but would like to know it can get up to 60 or so without having to get off and push...
    Thanks!
    Welcome Bighabeeb
    I'm new to the forum as well and just bought the DF250RTB it should be arriving on Tuesday. This is my first bike and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I can get the MSO in quickly after the Bike arrives I'll be more than happy to postpics of the Bike when l get it

This Bike has a lot of potential with a fairly decent tank 3.8 gal. looks like enough space on the frame to put a 600cc engine

5. #35 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Gardo.
    I'm been waiting almost a month for my MSO and bill of sale so I can get legally tagged.
    Seller claimed they was mailed a few days ago and wants me to release the Paypal hold on his funds but no way will I do that.
    I think the tank holds more like 8 liters (2+gallons). Maybe you can fill yours up from empty to get a true reading.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #36 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Me on the bobber.
    Last edited by barnone; 09-29-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #37 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    bighabeeb,
    Me on the bobber.
    looks good - decent size not too small , have fun on that !

8. #38 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    LoL now I can definitely tell my brother it is a big boy bike.

9. #39 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/37...ine_400cc.html
    Does this engine look like a 400cc CG125 that will bolt in my bobber? Just thinking for down the line.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #40 Re: Bobber 
    Here is link to all the EPA approved bikes http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/veh-cer...r-01-26-11.csv

I would like to evetually set that inot a dat set online that is searchable, but for now you can use the "find" feature in your browsers Edit option from the tool bar.

Dong Fang has an entry with the NHSTA but no filing for the coding of it VIN and thats an issue in some states.
    you can search for it hear http://204.68.195.151/cars/rules/manufacture/

that NHSTA database uses %for a wildcard but just entering the WMI will pull up its entry.

Page 4 of 634 FirstFirst ... 23456142454154 ... LastLast