Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 251 of 634 FirstFirst ... 101201231241249250251252253261271301401 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 6336
  1. #2501 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Here's my bike, I think I'm going to eventually repaint the fenders and gas tank to a matte black; the lights too. By the way I got the bar and mirrors from amazon for ~ 40 bucks. In fact, the bar had only one review, but it was from someone who bought it for this exact bike. The only issue I've had with the bars is the fact that the wiring and cables have a bit too much slack so it looks a bit unsightly around the headlight and speedo.

Thanks for the info on the sprocket, Dan. As for My headlight, it does dim when I'm riding but when I slow down and pull in the clutch it brightens significantly. It will dim even at low rpms. I've had my bike since July but it only has a little over 400 miles on it, could the relay go out that fast? Also, how could I go about replacing or fixing it?

2. #2502 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
    do your headlights get brighter and dimmer with engine revs ? mine did and it burned up my blinker relay , yours might not be connected to your bar switch at all , my bike took about 3-4 months to burn the blinker out but it did (bad voltage regulator)
    Hey Dan, the only trouble I have with my lights is that when I apply the brakes, whether it be the hand ot foot, they get brighter.Nothing about reving..I just notice it when i am stopped at night.puzzled me once, then I just ignore it..could that be the regulator as well?

3. #2503 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    dont think so , theres a post way back about hooking up the headlight on off switch , getting rid of some headlamp issue's though

found it , about 1/2 way down

votage regulator and turn signal relay from http://www.scooterparts4less.com/

Found replacement rear sprocket studs.

Honda Part number 90128-382-670 made in Japan.
    Source - Ebay

bent your shift rod ? http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Mot...Shift-Rod.html

horn bracket as well as a reflector bracket broke for seemingly no reason (rewelded reflector , replaced horn with 1 from Oreilies autoparts (car horn))

sprocket - http://www.oldbikebarn.com/Motorcycl...?search=JTR279 - 520 chain - most seem to go for 36 tooth 38 if your heavy or riding in really hilly conditions , myself (175 lbs) I use a 428 chain 17/36 (17 front wont fit with 520 chain) (15/30 16/33 520 equivalant) (80+ mph indicated perfect conditions) but you MUST HAVE jetting and air ram and keep valve adjustments very close and keep flapping clothing (drag) to a minimum or you will never see the top of 5th
    - and remember max horsepower (between 10-15) is produced @ 2/3rds max RPM's unlike overhead cam motors and then it drops off SHARPLY , gear accordingly , you need not reach max rpm's in 5th if you can hold your desired cruise speed at 1/2-2/3 rpm's , which also increases fuel economy and manages heat better

air injector delete

dimming headlight problem, really easy to unplug the blue and white wire from the dark green wire and plug it into the other blue and white wire like it should have been been in the first place. now my light switch works and my lights don't dim

upjet http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post41593

magnetic drain plug - http://www.oldbikebarn.com/BikeMaste...AG-12MM-ALU-BM

LED tail light ( buy and install new socket/bulb )

I went to auto parts store and bought a radiator hose (used the air filter for sizing) with a 180 degree bend in it cut it to only have the U shape bolted it to the carb the other end to the air filter , now I have a forward facing air intake out in the air stream - aka poormans air ram ( no real effect untill past 50 indicated )

new battery (have to chop into steel battery box to get new 1 to fit) from autozone

HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!!
    Filled up the tank and started. Holy s--t full RPM, couldn't get to the kill switch fast enough.
    pulled the needle seat didnt ya :P
    wide open throttle is caused by re-inserting the carb tube (with needle in it) so dont seat fully . I did that myself
    look at it the cutout has to be facing the rear wheel , and it will let it seat deeper , stopping that WOT on start

valve adjust - https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...wZDM3&hl=en_US = compression stroke = both valves fully raised

chain roller - http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-CHAIN-RO...009836&vxp=mtr

55/65 watt sealed beam headlight that fits - its a , Sylvania H5006 , and the Wiring harness to go with it , fit inside the existing headlamp shell

all right I believe thats everything fairly relivant to the DF's for the most part (just thought I would mash all upgrade repairs together into 1 compact area) - most are from what others have found im just jamming em into 1 post
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 10-23-2012 at 06:42 PM.

4. #2504 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Any suggestions where I can buy a 38 sprocket online? Have given up on the oldbike barn, they have been out of stock and coming for months

5. #2505 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixmaster View Post
    Any suggestions where I can buy a 38 sprocket online? Have given up on the oldbike barn, they have been out of stock and coming for months
    I've been looking for the same thing. There was an online store at www.china-moto.com but now they just seem to have a forum. Finally got around to putting my old sportster tank on mine. Got tired of the other one leaking. Not only looks better but doubled my riding range.

6. #2506 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Best wishes to all those on the east coast. Take care!!

7. #2507 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anyone in SC or surrounding areas looking for a DF bobber? I knew once the bug hit me again I'd want more power and longer rides. I've upgraded to A Shadow 1100 so I'm selling the Dong Fang. Still running great. Only 1500 miles. I wouldn't sell it but I only have room for one bike. Info is on Greenville, SC Craigslist.

8. #2508 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Pushing close to 7000 miles on my bobber..should hit it today after work. Kinda excited actually. She has been real good to me so far. Got some things I need to do as well.. change the oil, change the plug, wash her, and do some overall checks on all the bolts and nuts. then grease what needs to be greased. I am going back to normal oil as apposed to the synthetic stuff. Just do not see that big a difference other than the price.

9. #2509 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Bobber View Post
    Anyone in SC or surrounding areas looking for a DF bobber? I knew once the bug hit me again I'd want more power and longer rides. I've upgraded to A Shadow 1100 so I'm selling the Dong Fang. Still running great. Only 1500 miles. I wouldn't sell it but I only have room for one bike. Info is on Greenville, SC Craigslist.
    I couldn't find your ad.Did you sell?Please refer the owner to this site.

10. #2510 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    XS650 tank almost finished. Just need clear coat and new petcocks to arriveDSCN1582.jpg