Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 211 of 634 FirstFirst ... 61161191201209210211212213221231261361 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 6336
  1. #2101 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    You guys are awsome. Thank you so much. So much easier with pictures. If this thread ever dissapears we are all going to be in trouble LOL.

2. #2102 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    Man I really wish you guys had pictures of all this stuff. Where is the air injection hose etc and stuff like that. I was also looking for the richness screw and I just dont see it. I know its supposed to be towards the front wheel but I dont see it.
    engine.jpg

The silver plate by the exhaust is where the secondary air intake hose was located. The hose that's connected to the intake plenum/manifold was connected to the EGR and in turn to the secondary air intake to the exhaust, that has been plugged up to prevent the engine running lean. The fuel mix screw is in view as well, if you look at the bowl you can see two brass mount bolts, in the middle of the two brass mount bolts you can see a brass screw right below the intake manifold, on the engine side.
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

3. #2103 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    IMG_1343.jpg

I finished painting my bike, working out the kinks, and now I can enjoy riding it. I was hesitant to do the rear fender because of the electrical, but if you pop open your oil can and disconnect the wires feeding in from the rear fender it is beyond easy. They are separated and color coded. My headlight only worked for a parking light and bright, the main light never came on. I got out the soldering iron and got that working, but it wasn't very bright so I added some lights that quickly and consistently drained the battery. Took them off because I would rather not be stranded than ride in the dark. It's possible, just slowly. I'll look at upgrading the battery and the lights later. My speedometer keeps me confused. Yesterday it was reading 70, today under 40. That is the same stretch of land with traffic. Messing with my iPhone and using GPS to try to dial in what each number really means. 25 is 25, 34 is 40, and 55 is 63. Yup, a little weird.
    DF 250 RTB

4. #2104 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    She looks GREAT! Have you mentioned what paint you used? Did you clear coat? Really nice work there.

5. #2105 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Roll
    Your work has paid off, very attractive look.
    Sorry to read about your lights. I found my headlamp wire from the switch on the handelbar was dead ended in my wiring harness leading under the tank & a connection point wired to a wrong wire. See old posts Nov/Dec '11. Barnone helped me find it.
    Now have full control of my lights.
    I gave up on my speedo, removed it. Now just enjoy the views.WiringTank 001.jpg

6. #2106 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I ended up piggybacking off the wire to the parking light to get my headlight to work. I remember a post about a blue wire under the seat, but I figured since I was adding and removing extra lights I'd just make it easy on myself. I managed to drive from home to a convenience store, then drove to where I took a picture of my bike, then drove home. I checked my battery's voltage when I got home and it read over 12. I'm feeling confident that the battery can provide power without drawing too much on this configuration. As for paint, I used engine paint. It can withstand high temps and is gas and oil resistant. I wanted a flat black look, and I haven't been able to find clear coat that is flat. I use a lot of wax, wipe up and gas that splashes on a fill up, and use an rubber band covered in fabric ( a pony tail holder) for any gasoline that gets vented through the gas cap. Even if you don't paint your tank, I'd recommend the rubber band. I had streaks all over my tank before, and now there's none. The amazing part is that I still haven't received my paperwork to get it registered. Thank god I had a motorcycle plate conveniently lying around.
    DF 250 RTB

7. #2107 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    has anyone had to replace brake pads yet?
    ive read the entire thread in the past 3 days. and no one has mentioned were to find replacements or compatible alternatives.
    this is my first post and like others have said, i feel like i know some of the 'regulars' that post here. i was originally planning on buying a ninja 250r for the price and mpg qualities. but i think the DF has it beat based on those two things alone. my intended use would be solely for daily work commutes. which is about 12.4 miles/day. and of course the occasional relaxing cruise. through the hills of the fingerlakes region of New York.
    i called my dmv with gardos vin and they already have 8 rtb's registered in NY (with different numbers than gardos). so thats not a problem. next phone call will be to the insurance agent to check with them. as NY requires motor vehicles to be insured before registration can be obtained. i love the friendliness of all the people here, and their willingness to help. i love the looks of this bike and wasn't going to purchase one until i started hearing that people were having somewhat good reviews of the companies they purchased from. i noted all the possible upgrades made (sprocket size, needle size, oil plug...) all valuable info.

8. #2108 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by branden84 View Post
    has anyone had to replace brake pads yet?
    ive read the entire thread in the past 3 days. and no one has mentioned were to find replacements or compatible alternatives.
    this is my first post and like others have said, i feel like i know some of the 'regulars' that post here. i was originally planning on buying a ninja 250r for the price and mpg qualities. but i think the DF has it beat based on those two things alone. my intended use would be solely for daily work commutes. which is about 12.4 miles/day. and of course the occasional relaxing cruise. through the hills of the fingerlakes region of New York.
    i called my dmv with gardos vin and they already have 8 rtb's registered in NY (with different numbers than gardos). so thats not a problem. next phone call will be to the insurance agent to check with them. as NY requires motor vehicles to be insured before registration can be obtained. i love the friendliness of all the people here, and their willingness to help. i love the looks of this bike and wasn't going to purchase one until i started hearing that people were having somewhat good reviews of the companies they purchased from. i noted all the possible upgrades made (sprocket size, needle size, oil plug...) all valuable info.
    I am with you on that.I have yet to find anything to replace my pads and I have a little over 3000 miles on the bike,and feel a need to replace the front at least. I am looking at doing a test this weekend and see if the back pads match the front,as they still have alot of pad on them..if so i am just gonna swap them until I find new ones.

9. #2109 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    If you can't find replacements that fit you could get compounds adhered to the original backing plates. I can do that in Auckland, New Zealand so there must be plenty of places in the states that can do the same.

10. #2110 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just when you think you have all the kinks worked out I noticed my gas tank is leaking again from those crappy welds on the mounting studs. This is my second tank! I even JBWelded the studs before I installed it on the bike but it still is leaking, real slow, but I'm not comfortable with fuel dripping no matter how small. Anybody have any success getting a quality repair on their tank? I'm worried with the JBWeld all over that you couldn't get a real weld job done.

Gun Rod, was your new tank a bear to install? I seem to remember you having to do some mods on the new tank. I wouldn't mind getting a larger capacity tank anyway. Any ideas or recommendations on replacement tanks?