Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 222 of 634 FirstFirst ... 72172202212220221222223224232242272372 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 6336
  1. #2211 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    It's got that Johnny Pag vibe going on. He uses parallel twins as I recall. I'd like to see that pint sized v-twin in a Mistfit platform.

/M

2. #2212 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    Anyone know anything about this bike?

From Sunny Powersports web site: CP_250V

Attachment 7734
    Fully assembled and complete 250 Vtwin engine to replace those found in many Chinese motorcycles like the Vento's, and even a Yamaha! These are also used in many small custom chopper projects. Cheaper than ever. Limited inventory, and we may not be able to re-stock once these are gone. $995.95
    Here is the engine. The clutch actuation is different and that motor mount, on the side, is not used on the Yamaha. (A clone of a 20 year old design is what this is)

From this site:Vento vthunder colt 2V49FMM
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

3. #2213 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    ok. so an update... i found an 08 ninja 250, 30 miles from my house. the price was too good to pass up at $2400 and only 4500 miles! the ninja was my first choice, and i just got back from riding it home. with a few stops along the way my 30 miles home turned into 65. i think theres a permanent smile on face that will last quite a while. and i can verify that the ninja 250 has enough power for everyday commuting. all those that say its too slow has obviously never ridden one. the only thing that could be nicer is the wind will push you around a bit. but nothing too serious. i found myself leaning into the wind to keep it straight a few times at 60mph.

4. #2214 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    OK - got the Fang tagged today in the great state of Georgia - took only a few minutes - no problem. Kreeming the tank this weekend - alteady removed the smog pump & silver stripes and moved the ignition/ key slot ... getting there... actually think fixing these things are fun and part of the deal - as long as you take your time - or maybe it is because I have a beer or 2 at hand, that makes it easy..... anyway so far I am having fun..

5. #2215 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    re removing your stripes, does your bike have matt or gloss finish paint ? My bike is silver and looks like there is clear coat over the stripes.

6. #2216 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    My bike started out silver with the red stripes. I was able to easily remove them from the rear fender with my finger nail, took a little more effort on the tank and front fender. There was clear coat over them, so there are ridges once they are removed. I wanted the matte black but got a discount on the silver, so I sanded everything down past the clear coat, then used dull black engine paint to get what I wanted. I use a fabric covered rubber band under the fuel cover, and I wipe off any spills when I fill up. The paint has held up great, and the only protector I used was turtle wax.
    DF 250 RTB

7. #2217 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice work rollen rock!! That is exactly what i want to do to mine

8. #2218 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Glad to hear you want to get your ride "all black" Mixmaster - was getting worried that you're not a patriotic enough Kiwi :)

9. #2219 Ceramic Break Pads? 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Does anyone know of a manufacturer makes ceramic breaks, or any upgrade pads, for our bike? I've found that these pads get really dirty real fast, and with the dusty environment and hot summers we have here in Vegas, I noticed progressively worsening break shuddering over time. When I blast all the break dust with break cleaner the break grip smooths out.

Also, are Hiest pads the same as Dong Fangs?
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

10. #2220 Re: Ceramic Break Pads? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    for anyone thats been riding their df lately, watch out for the cheap material of metal they use on the sprocket studs, them things broke off on my on the HWY! went to home depot and made my own studs with much better quality bolts. so far 8k miles on my df and still running like a boss, 60+mpg ftw

heres what I'm talking about btw