Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 190 of 634 FirstFirst ... 40140170180188189190191192200210240340 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 6336
  1. #1891 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by sporty View Post
    Hey all, finally got 35 t sprocket on and mounted the tool bag on the right side off the battery cover it rides so much better a must have
    Where did you order it from (35T)? and any reason you didn't go for the 38t?

Thanks! -AJ

2. #1892 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I ordered it off amazon $25

3. #1893 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Dude I had more old schoolers telling me I made my bones than anything else. i was given parking on Main street in front of 2 wheel cycle. Thats how much she had an impact. lots of fun took "some" pictures lol
    http://www.ccwthariders.com/daytona-...k-gallery.html
    cool pics Gardo, really enjoyed them.

4. #1894 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thanks man
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #1895 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    I did my first valve adjustment on the bike also yesterday. I made the mistake of checking the clearance on the wrong stroke after set to the "T" line.
    The valves seemed tight as shit and I readjusted the exhaust to .008 and intake to .006
    Put her back together, started her up and had a louder than normal "clattering" sound. Took everything back apart again, set to the "T" line and felt the rocker arm, it was real loose, maybe a 1/8" gap. LOL. Spun the crank bolt counterclock wise again to the "T" line and the valves were tight, wrong stroke there, spun around again to the "T" line where the rockers arm were loose and reajusted to the above setting. All is good. I needed to set the "T" line to the compression stroke. I now have a slight tick on the compression stroke. May this will help others doing there own.
    Alley, you've got me worried. Same experience, but now thinking I should go back in & check. How do you know if it's the compression stroke? Top end seems weak last ride.

Your photography is great. I just bought a new camera, hope my photos will be better in future.

6. #1896 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Heist has a 1 year/5000 mile Parts and Labor warranty Noob, I have over 11000 miles on my Heist, in less than a year, and just completed 3000 miles round trip from Outside NYC to Daytona FL on my Heist cruising comfortably down I95

If you are looking for a first bike all i can say is find something you like, ride within your limits and enjoy.
    What the tha Riders are doing with the Heists and the Misfits, these good folks with the DF, and the artistic stylings of the Kikker crowd there is so much you can pull from.
    Gardo
    Enjoyed watching your trip in progress last month.
    Did the air seat suspension help?
    Any advise regarding rain gear?

7. #1897 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Alley, you've got me worried. Same experience, but now thinking I should go back in & check. How do you know if it's the compression stroke? Top end seems weak last ride.
    After mine was really noisy, I went to the web and found this:
    "Rotate engine until you observe the inlet valve rocker move down. This means it's opening the inlet valve. Continue rotating until the rocker starts to come back up, meaning that the inlet valve is beginning to close and therefore you're nearing the compression stroke. Take your eyes off the rocker and concentrate on the flywheel marks. The next time the "T" mark comes up and aligns with the index you're on the compression stroke and both valves can be adjusted."

But again, your on the right stroke if the intake rocker is just a hair loose. If is tight as shit, go around again.

Your photography is great. I just bought a new camera, hope my photos will be better in future.
    Just using my cell phone, I think it take good pics also.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

8. #1898 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Gardo
    Enjoyed watching your trip in progress last month.
    Did the air seat suspension help?
    Any advise regarding rain gear?
    GUNROD,

Just wrote the second part to the trip http://www.ccwthariders.com/1/post/2...ek-part-2.html

The Air bag died on me early on Saturday so all I had were the seat springs till Tuesday when I was able to get it fixed. But it felt great on the way home. big difference in the ride quality.

I have areostich rain gear stowed in the bag at the front of the bike secured on the dual down tubes

The wife picked up the rain covers, jacket, pants and gloves. Luckily I didnt need them but I still think they were too pricey. However they breakdown really small and fit in a fork bag so beggers cant be choosers. LoL
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #1899 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well i got my DF today kind of disappointed, my left taillight is broken, I didn't get mirrors or a battery.IMAG0060.jpgIMAG0061.jpg

10. #1900 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    GUNROD,

Just wrote the second part to the trip http://www.ccwthariders.com/1/post/2...ek-part-2.html

The Air bag died on me early on Saturday so all I had were the seat springs till Tuesday when I was able to get it fixed. But it felt great on the way home. big difference in the ride quality.

I have areostich rain gear stowed in the bag at the front of the bike secured on the dual down tubes

The wife picked up the rain covers, jacket, pants and gloves. Luckily I didnt need them but I still think they were too pricey. However they breakdown really small and fit in a fork bag so beggers cant be choosers. LoL
    Good write.

If you decide to do a Strurgus or Vegas trip, I have two soft beds and great food for you & Pete (just off 80 outside of Chicago).