Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 191 of 634 FirstFirst ... 41141171181189190191192193201211241341 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6336
  1. #1901 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Who did you order from Mustang? Looks like you went with the flat black, strange they put chrome lights on it. How did the crate seem, did it look like a returned bike?

2. #1902 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Good write.

If you decide to do a Strurgus or Vegas trip, I have two soft beds and great food for you & Pete (just off 80 outside of Chicago).
    Thanks Gun, already thinking of the next trip
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #1903 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    Who did you order from Mustang? Looks like you went with the flat black, strange they put chrome lights on it. How did the crate seem, did it look like a returned bike?
    I ordered from extremescooters I dealt with Chad, there was no crate the bike was just bubble wrapped and banded to a pallet. O and I was looking all over for the clutch foot control and linkage, ya nothing anywhere lol pretty sweet

4. #1904 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    I ordered mine from Chad also. Mine came in a steel cage wrapped in cardboard. Your bubble wrap and banded to a pallet seems a little fishy, I would see what Chad has to say. You telling me yours doesn't have the clutch linkage or pedal either?

5. #1905 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    I ordered mine from Chad also. Mine came in a steel cage wrapped in cardboard. Your bubble wrap and banded to a pallet seems a little fishy, I would see what Chad has to say. You telling me yours doesn't have the clutch linkage or pedal either?
    Yep didn't have clutch linkage or pedal, no battery broken tail light no mirrors either

6. #1906 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang1288 View Post
    I ordered from extremescooters I dealt with Chad, there was no crate the bike was just bubble wrapped and banded to a pallet. O and I was looking all over for the clutch foot control and linkage, ya nothing anywhere lol pretty sweet
    Bummer, should have showed up like this.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post37874

Where was it shipped from? It does seem the have a mixed bag of parts on it. They maybe blowing out all the "old" stock at the old price. I would call Chad and tell him it needs to be corrected. Do you have pics before putting it together? If so, send those to Chad, he's probably never seen the bike.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

7. #1907 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=alleykat;41514]
    A scooter is a style of two-wheeled motor vehicle traditionally defined by characteristics such as a step-through frame, wheels less than 16" in diameter, and an engine located below the rider and to the rear. Motorcycles are distinguished by a tank between the rider and handlebars and an engine located beneath the rider and to the front of the vehicle.

Alley
    Thanks for the clarification, my insurance company keeps discribing my DF as a scooter.
    If I presented my insurance card to an officer, he would LOL.
    I'll use your clarification with American Family Insurance to clear this up.

8. #1908 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Good news, I got a a call From Scooter Depo yesterday that my new rim is on it's way. With only six days left on the warrenty. Looks like they are honering it. If I have any more trouble with the rim I think I will just get a tube rim. Yeah I know I shouldn't have too. What I find strange is that I am the only who has problen with air leaking at the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    All I can say is I purchased mine from ScooterDepot. The only problem I have had with the bike is they leaked air at the spokes in the front tire. They told me today that they are honoring the warrenty with a new rim complete with bearings. All I will have to do is change the tire out and switch out the disk for the brake. I can live with that. Said I will get a tracking number by Thursday. I am running a 38 tooth rear sprocket. Cruises at 55 mph. Nice.The air injecter I removed. It also quit popping at deceleration after removing the air injecter. Also I think the rare earth oil plug is a must. I ordered the saddle bags for it, but they sent me two left saddle bags. so I sent one back. Waiting on the right bag. I get a free tee shirt for my trouble, Yea! ? I put on a drag bar, I didn't like the bars that came with it. Added a handle bar bag. I will post pics as soon as the right bag get's here. The changes I have done all came from here. So I am starting to put some faith in these guys. So with that, I am glad I found this forum.
    If I can figure out a way to seal the original rim spokes, I'll have two rims. Not that I'll ever need another rim. One that holds air will be enough.
    For a novice rider, I'd think twice unless you are close to the dealer where you purchased it. Or are really mechanically inclined. Or have some really good friends that are. Or you just like beating your head against the wall. Just kidding.
    I really like the bike. I wouldn't think twice about it. If you ae happy with 55 mph, and like riding solo.?
    When I have 600 miles on the bike instead of 60, I will post again.
    Thanks for all the help.
    I won't name any names. But you know who you are just from what I have done to my bike.

9. #1909 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    Good news, I got a a call From Scooter Depo yesterday that my new rim is on it's way. With only six days left on the warrenty. Looks like they are honering it. If I have any more trouble with the rim I think I will just get a tube rim. Yeah I know I shouldn't have too. What I find strange is that I am the only who has problen with air leaking at the spokes.
    I had that problem,right out of the crate and did not want to wait, so I had Cycle Gear put a tube in the front wheel. ($33.00).
    Had I known what I do now, I would have done what you did.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

10. #1910 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang1288 View Post
    Well i got my DF today kind of disappointed, my left taillight is broken, I didn't get mirrors or a battery.Attachment 6822Attachment 6823
    Mustang

Update your progress, missing parts on the way?
    Sad delivery, kicked all of us in the nuts.
    Notice how quiet it's been on the site?