Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 229 of 634 FirstFirst ... 79179209219227228229230231239249279379 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 6336
  1. #2281 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Bobber View Post
    This is how I want mine to look. What kind of tank did you use?
    I used a 1974 Harley Sportster tank

2. #2282 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang1288 View Post
    I used a 1974 Harley Sportster tank
    I have a sporty tank ready to go on when mine gets here, not sure of the exact year but I'm pretty sure it's 70's. Was mods did you have to make for it to fit?

True, we need to be looking. Are the front and rear the same pad? I haven't had mine off yet. Are there any numbers on the back of the pad?
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

4. #2284 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    True, we need to be looking. Are the front and rear the same pad? I haven't had mine off yet. Are there any numbers on the back of the pad?
    Ya know...I had them off when i changed out the sprocket,and I didn't even think to look. I guess best to just pop them off and have a peak if there are numbers or not.. gonna do that this weekend. Just wondering if anyone else has gone through this yet.. and if the pads for the Heist match or not.

5. #2285 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Took a cue from rollenrock. Put on a chain tensioner. Went another route and welded a plate under the battery box. I wanted the tensioner to be centered on the chain.

leftside.jpg

Only welded up to the exhaust hanger on the right side.

rightside.jpg

close.jpg

Yes that shiny chrome spring is going to show the chain oil.

quicklook.jpg

donedid.jpg

Well worth the effort. Rides a lot smoother. I guess riding belt final drives spoiled me.

Good question about the brake pads. Would be good to know.

I have a rattle in my exhaust pipe. Before I go cutting it up to find it. Could anyone tell me where to cut to get at it or maybe have some better advice? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ghost1133; 07-19-2012 at 12:10 AM.

6. #2286 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    The rattle in your exhaust is probably the inner pipe rattling against the outer pipe. I took mine to a custom exhaust shop and he cut in half right near the start of the larger diameter section and determined it was a two pipe design which is common he said. He drilled a hole underneath the heat shield and welded the two pipes together. That "fix" broke right away on me. If yours is like mine the rattle goes away when you press your foot down on the heat shield. I removed my heat shield and drilled two holes through the outer pipe. I then took two self threading machine screws and tightened them down "cinching" the inner pipe so it cant rattle anymore. The screws can't be seen because they are under the heat shield. Been a few months and she is still rattle free!!! My friends told me to let it rattle but it drove me CRAZY!!! Definitely glad I got rid of it.

7. #2287 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    The rattle in your exhaust is probably the inner pipe rattling against the outer pipe. I took mine to a custom exhaust shop and he cut in half right near the start of the larger diameter section and determined it was a two pipe design which is common he said. He drilled a hole underneath the heat shield and welded the two pipes together. That "fix" broke right away on me. If yours is like mine the rattle goes away when you press your foot down on the heat shield. I removed my heat shield and drilled two holes through the outer pipe. I then took two self threading machine screws and tightened them down "cinching" the inner pipe so it cant rattle anymore. The screws can't be seen because they are under the heat shield. Been a few months and she is still rattle free!!! My friends told me to let it rattle but it drove me CRAZY!!! Definitely glad I got rid of it.
    Thank you man. This weekend the heat shield is comming off and the drilling begins. I am like you, it drives me crazy. Sounds like a better idea then cutting the pipe in half. Might just as well powder coat that heat shield matte black while I have it off.
    You're awsome as well as everyone else here.
    It just keeps getting better.

What size screws did you use ?

8. #2288 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    No problem, hopefully that fixes your rattle. I used 8-32 slotted pan head thread cutting sheet metal screws. I bought 3 lengths 3/8, 1/2, 3/4. The 3/8 worked for me.

9. #2289 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    No problem, hopefully that fixes your rattle. I used 8-32 slotted pan head thread cutting sheet metal screws. I bought 3 lengths 3/8, 1/2, 3/4. The 3/8 worked for me.
    The 3/8 it is. Will let you know after this weekend.

Keep the rubber side down bro.

10. #2290 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost1133 View Post
    I have a rattle in my exhaust pipe. Before I go cutting it up to find it. Could anyone tell me where to cut to get at it or maybe have some better advice? Thanks in advance.
    I noticed the cat package is just shoved in the pipe, it might have gotten lose. Also check the exhaust mount bolts on the flange, I found I was able to turn them by hand. Check the heat shield mount bolts too.
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star