Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 87 of 634 FirstFirst ... 376777858687888997107137237 ... LastLast
  1. #861 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    I just went for my first spin at night. With the Dong Fang's headlight it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life! Well it wasn't that bad, but it left ALOT to be desired. I adjusted the headlight as far up as it can go but I still feel like it should be up a little more, I may have to modify the bracket to get more travel. Even after that though the light did not give off much illumination. I wouldn't be real comfortable going over 30 mph in the dark. In the dark it is also very noticeable when you hit the brake light that the headlight brightens way up. I wondering if a larger bulb would help. I think it has a 35W bulb now, I wonder how many more watts you could go or if even with the bigger bulb if it would only give off the same amount of light? Any ideas? Anyone that drives theirs at night?
    Last edited by Babyswiss; 07-03-2011 at 04:51 AM.

2. #862 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Anybody know much about the Dong Fang Samurai 250cc sport bike?
    http://www.countyimports.com/inc/sde...tr=sam-youtube

3. #863 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by callmebrick View Post
    Anybody know much about the Dong Fang Samurai 250cc sport bike?
    http://www.countyimports.com/inc/sde...tr=sam-youtube
    call,
    Probably get more responses if you start a new thread with a title like "Anybody know about the Dong Fang Samurai 250cc sport bike?" instead of burying the question in this bobber thread.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #864 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Cool, thanks Bar

5. #865 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Mine doesn't have any problems with the lights dimming. But, they are pointing straight down, even after I adjusted it.
    06 Gsxr 750, DF250rtb

6. #866 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yeah I noticed that the adjustment slots don't let you get the headlight up enough. I'm thinking of installing a HID light kit. Hopefully that will solve the dimming problem plus give off way more light. I'm thinking because the HID lights come with their own ballast that that will regulate the voltage and stop the dimming issue.

7. #867 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Learned a little today about the light problem. When I first start the df and the battery is charging, the light doesn't dim when brakes are applied. After a short while in which i assume the battery is then charged, the light dims when brakes applied. Therefore, I believe the problem is due to a substandard voltage regulator . Maybe if we try a better japanese or us regulator it will solve the problem. Just my $.02 worth.
    Gump out.

8. #868 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Reporon told me he solved his light issue by running a wire from the blue and white wires in the headlight to an unused wire in the fake oil box. He thinks it was a problem with the resistor that keeps the headlight from turning on until you actually start the engine. It seems kind of goofy to me how they have that small bulb that comes on when the key is in the "ON" position but then the headlight actually comes on when you start the bike. Why not just have the headlight come on when you turn the key. Regardless, if running a wire from the from the high and low beam wires works I'm going to try that. Thanks Reporon!

9. #869 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Babyswiss View Post
    Reporon told me he solved his light issue by running a wire from the blue and white wires in the headlight to an unused wire in the fake oil box. He thinks it was a problem with the resistor that keeps the headlight from turning on until you actually start the engine. It seems kind of goofy to me how they have that small bulb that comes on when the key is in the "ON" position but then the headlight actually comes on when you start the bike. Why not just have the headlight come on when you turn the key. Regardless, if running a wire from the from the high and low beam wires works I'm going to try that. Thanks Reporon!
    I don't understand why reporon did not post his solution to the problem. Photos of what he wired up would be nice.

You don't want the headlight on before the engine is running because the headlight draws a lot of power from the battery.

I'm going to try and figure out the wiring to get the "illuminating" switch working the way the bike was designed for the world market. The switch I am referring to is the one on the right side that has three positions (all off , small bulb (position light) on , headlight on).

The "electrical diagram" in the back of the owners manual appears to be a fit all since it shows equipment that is not on the DF such as the alarm device. Gonna take some study.

BTW, I was able to adjust my headlight by loosening both bolts.

My CT70 clone has that type of switch and it works as designed for the world market.
    Last edited by barnone; 07-05-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Correcting some words
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #870 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumpsta View Post
    Learned a little today about the light problem. When I first start the df and the battery is charging, the light doesn't dim when brakes are applied. After a short while in which i assume the battery is then charged, the light dims when brakes applied. Therefore, I believe the problem is due to a substandard voltage regulator . Maybe if we try a better japanese or us regulator it will solve the problem. Just my $.02 worth.
    Gump out.
    Gump,
    I think we need to find the cause of the problem before we start changing the regulator which seems to be working fine keeping the battery charged up.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG