Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 615 of 634 FirstFirst ... 465565595605613614615616617625 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6336
  1. #6141 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mm+ View Post
    Bike idles nicely, no more sputtering under acceleration. Still getting mean backfires under decelration.
    So the Speedo sensor is on the way...

however my tail "daytime running" light and my license plate light no longer work UNLESS I apply the brakes.

Incredibly strange. Where's the fuse-box on this thing? The manuel they sent me is for some sport bike variation called the DF 250 RT
    If your bike has the air injection system, it will pop through the exhaust on decel.

2. #6142 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Anyone know where to get a evap block off plate for our motor? Cycledorks are out of stock and i cant find anything online!

3. #6143 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I love the back fire, gives the bike some depth in the sound dept. I am trying to figure out how to make my exhaust a little louder. I have heard and read all types of suggestions.. I am open to many more if you have ideas, but not sure which would be the best way. Plus I would like to be able to tune it to the throaty sound I am looking for. So do i drill holes? do I remove length? and many more head scratchers.

As for the tail light. I am sure you replaced the bulb right. Reason I ask is this is a hard tail bike. Around here, the roads are harsh. I go through 4 to six bulbs every 3 months easy. Now and again one actually stays together longer than the rest. I have started using LED bulbs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-BAY15D-...53.m1438.l2649

Regular bulbs the filament for the tail light / plate light would always break. I am in the habit now of checking everytime i get on the bike. Just to be safe. Now these LED lights seem to handle the roughness of Houston roads. I only have a problem with the solder breaking on the and they fall apart. But overall the last. I would like to find an upgrade of these types of lights, only brighter. These are equal to the filament bulbs, so not real bright. I am just not sure the terminology 80 SMD 1210 LED Bulb refers to, and I see other bulbs with higher numbers. Makes me wonder if they would be brighter.

4. #6144 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    I love the back fire, gives the bike some depth in the sound dept. I am trying to figure out how to make my exhaust a little louder. I have heard and read all types of suggestions.. I am open to many more if you have ideas, but not sure which would be the best way. Plus I would like to be able to tune it to the throaty sound I am looking for. So do i drill holes? do I remove length? and many more head scratchers.

As for the tail light. I am sure you replaced the bulb right. Reason I ask is this is a hard tail bike. Around here, the roads are harsh. I go through 4 to six bulbs every 3 months easy. Now and again one actually stays together longer than the rest. I have started using LED bulbs. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-BAY15D-...53.m1438.l2649

Regular bulbs the filament for the tail light / plate light would always break. I am in the habit now of checking everytime i get on the bike. Just to be safe. Now these LED lights seem to handle the roughness of Houston roads. I only have a problem with the solder breaking on the and they fall apart. But overall the last. I would like to find an upgrade of these types of lights, only brighter. These are equal to the filament bulbs, so not real bright. I am just not sure the terminology 80 SMD 1210 LED Bulb refers to, and I see other bulbs with higher numbers. Makes me wonder if they would be brighter.

From my understanding, the Bobber comes with a flow through exhaust. The only way to make it louder is to shorten it. Shortening it will make it a bit higher pitched as well. Lengthening it will fake a deeper sound by slowing down the flow and muffling the sound a bit. Using a 12-16 inch long 3 inch diameter turn down exhaust tip can fake a deeper note by bouncing the sound off the road but may quiten the sound down. I'm not sure if there is a tip that steps down to the small size of the Bobber's header. It may require a flared adapter. Small displacement singles will never reach that deep rumble of a large displacement V twin.

I'm posting a link for reference to the 3 inch turn down exhaust tip. I've seen similar ones used on metric twins to try and get that big HD sound.
    https://www.amazon.com/StreetStyle-E...17e8ef219a72d8

5. #6145 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bowtiewagon, as far as the taillight goes I'm not too sure. The brake light, plate light, and daytime running light all run off the same light bulb. The bulb itself works fine when the brakes are applied, but the "always on" daytime running light mode no longer comes on. Unless the bulb has two separate filaments that work separately I dont think the bulb would be the issue. Then again, probably a good idea to get as much "china" off the bike as possible lol. My current "final" solution is to wire a second led bulb inside the housing.

Ben2go, I really like the turn down exhaust idea. Next time I'm in an auto parts store I'll see if I can find something to the specs you posted.

Barnone, thanks a million for the manual.

6. #6146 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bowtiewagon, as far as the taillight goes I'm not too sure. The brake light, plate light, and daytime running light all run off the same light bulb. The bulb itself works fine when the brakes are applied, but the "always on" daytime running light mode no longer comes on. Unless the bulb has two separate filaments that work separately I dont think the bulb would be the issue. Then again, probably a good idea to get as much "china" off the bike as possible lol. My current "final" solution is to wire a second led bulb inside the housing.

Ben2go, I really like the turn down exhaust idea. Next time I'm in an auto parts store I'll see if I can find something to the specs you posted.

The bulb is supposed to have two separate filaments. one for constant on,the other is a thicker filament which burns a bit brighter for the braking light. So yeah two filaments. The thin one is the constant light, and it is weak on a hard tail. it always breaks first.

7. #6147 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bowtie, you and the other older guys are blowing my mind lol. At 26 years old I was wondering what the second fillament looking thing on the bulb was. Never knew such a thing existed. Certainly puts me at ease. You have a preferred bulb brand and part number? Anything that seems to last a bit longer?

8. #6148 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

Just keep in mind that you'll need a reducer to go from the 3 inch exhaust ti to the Bobber's smaller header.

9. #6149 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bowtie, you and the other older guys are blowing my mind lol. At 26 years old I was wondering what the second fillament looking thing on the bulb was. Never knew such a thing existed. Certainly puts me at ease. You have a preferred bulb brand and part number? Anything that seems to last a bit longer?

Yeah I left a link in a few posts back. Man you would not know the amount of head scratchin I was doing when these bulbs first started to go out like that. I started checking everything but the bulb. Everything was good. Had to be, when I put a new bulb in everything worked. Hmmm.. oops, check the bulb man. Sure enough I had all of them that blew in a box, and all of them had blown the small filament. Say 5 bulbs. Thats why i went to these LED bulbs. Now perect but a 75% improvement over changing these filament bulbs. The one in there now has some miles on it. so far so good. I carrty about four of them with me all the time.

10. #6150 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I started putting some gasket maker on the base of the bulb, so that when it dried, it make kind of a rubber-like coating which makes the bulbs last longer.