Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 613 of 634 FirstFirst ... 463563593603611612613614615623633 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6336
  1. #6121 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by mm+ View Post
    I'm the new DF'er
    Bowtiewagon, arent the parts for Tha Heist and the DF250 nearly identical?
    I would'v thought they'd have suppliers you could purchase from somewhere "nearby "
    I contacted those guys with the Heist. Nothing personal to them ,but they seem like snobs. We know it is basically the same bike. But they seem to feel a little bit different about their bikes than this bike. If you know what I mean. I had requested to purchase a motor from them and they shrugged me off. But I think if you were just to buy the neat bolt on accessories they sell they do work. But they are pricey.

2. #6122 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That's unfortunate to here about ccw. Figures a company that slaps a few bolt-ons to a DF250 and called it a "custom chopper" would think they're too cool to help out anyone who simply skipped the middle man.
    Ah well. The 250 Rebel engine swap would be very interesting. Hoping for the best in terms of reliability but I'm honestly expecting the worst. This way I'll either be pleasantly surprised or right as usual lol.

3. #6123 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Barnone, I noticed you posted a while back about a Magnetic drain plug. I'd really like to get one for the break in, what's the thread pattern on that plug? Thanks in advance.

4. #6124 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by mm+ View Post
    Barnone, I noticed you posted a while back about a Magnetic drain plug. I'd really like to get one for the break in, what's the thread pattern on that plug? Thanks in advance.
    I have almost 600 miles on my back breaker and havent seen the need for the magnetic plug! Just the normal glitter after the first oil change! I think if u see big chunks that requires a magnetic plug to catch then maybe u need to tear down the engine! From my experience if the break-in is dont gently then u wont need a magnetic plug! Beat the piss out of it for the first 200 miles and u might want that plug! And just some DIY advice go buy some super strong button magnets and glue one to the back of the bolt! It does the same thing as the plug with a magnet already in it!

5. #6125 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Mine is a 2010 bike. The plug is 12mm x 1.50 Thread

As for whether you need one or not. Thats your call.

My first motor had 20,564 miles on it. Every oil change had some shavings attached to the plug. I like it so it prevents the oil pump from getting clogged. For a couple bucks well worth it. Found mine on ebay.

This second motor has around 5,000 miles on it. The first change had a clump of shavings on the plug. So it leads me to believe that they wear differently and I am glad I had the plug. No motor is the same.

6. #6126 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    167fmm piston rings gap anyone?

7. #6127 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    167fmm piston rings gap anyone?
    I think cleavland cycledorks have a forum explaining how to do a top end rebuild! Not sure if it mentions ring end gap but might be the same as the honda cg250!

8. #6128 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    [QUOTE=mm+;85991]That's unfortunate to here about ccw. Figures a company that slaps a few bolt-ons to a DF250 and called it a "custom chopper" would think they're too cool to help out anyone who simply skipped the middle man.
    [QUOTE]

Not to defend them in any way, but CCW do get their engines supplied from Lifan, whereas Dongfang gets theirs from Zongshen. From what I understand, the engines are proprietary to CCW. I think that is about all they can really get snobby about--their engine. The rest of the bobber seems to be the same as the Dongfang.

9. #6129 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by slightwinner View Post
    I think cleavland cycledorks have a forum explaining how to do a top end rebuild! Not sure if it mentions ring end gap but might be the same as the honda cg250!
    ya, im not even going to look. them at ccw seem to me way phony.
    that said, now that ive compared oem, great wall gears, and panda pistons, they all seem to come with the same gap more or less...
    meaning each ive now measured, from different sources, seem to come with the same gap, 18 mil
    some have better castings than others, some have different ring spacing, but all the crucial measurements are the same.

10. #6130 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well hello, Bowtie and barnone! It's been a few years since I've been here! I was looking up some info for my bike and noticed you two on here still. I'm sad to say that I am selling my bike :( If anyone in the Metro Detroit area is looking for a lightly used 2010 DF250RTB (864 miles) hit me up. You can see my build on this thread and also on youtube (same screen name). This bike has over 3,000 views from this site @ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=df250rtb Life happened, and kids, now I have no time to ride it. This bike needs a new lover. It looks just the way it did in my last post with pic. I have a new TC Bros H1 can headlight to go with it. I'm glad to see this thread is still up and current. I really wish I had time to sit and read all the posts from then to now. Barnone, I'll be heading down to the Carolina's in a few weeks, can't wait to get out of the big city. Heading to Myrtle with a stop in Charlotte (home town). If anyone in the area of Detroit is interested in the bike PM me.
    Last edited by skullworkz; 08-14-2017 at 01:51 AM.