Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 226 of 634 FirstFirst ... 76176206216224225226227228236246276376 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 6336
  1. #2251 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Bobber View Post
    Hi from Greenville SC. Just ordered my bobber from Great Sports in Joliet IL. Can't wait to get it. I sold my old shovelhead bobber years ago and really miss riding. I like the old school single cylinder look. All they had in stock was the silver and blue. I figure I'll do away with the front fender and paint the rear flat black. I have an old 70's sporty tank ready to put on. Hopefully it won't be too hard to fit on. I also went ahead and ordered drag bars and new grips for it and shopping for a seat. I don't think I'll mess with the motor much as it looks pretty good the way it is. Wish it had a kickstart though.
    Be prepared to go to Columbia to reg your bike.The local DMVs may tell you that the bike manufacture is not registered with the federal motor vehicle department or some crap to that effect.Before I attempted to order one,I hit the DMV with the info that Barnone posted and it was a bust for me.Not the first episode I have had with the DMV refusing to reg a bike.It can be reg'd as a custom kit bike.I have my DMV nightmare posted on another forum of when I tried to reg a Suzuki I bought in NC.Almost went to jail over that fiasco.

2. #2252 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the heads up ben2go. I guess if I have to go to columbia I'll take 76 the whole way a break the motor in that way. I tell you it was a pain in the ass trying to find someone to work with my finance company. Had the loan company waiting to cut the check for one place and they never would call me back. Went thru a couple more before finally getting someone who was willing to work with me.

3. #2253 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Thanks for the heads up ben2go. I guess if I have to go to columbia I'll take 76 the whole way a break the motor in that way. I tell you it was a pain in the ass trying to find someone to work with my finance company. Had the loan company waiting to cut the check for one place and they never would call me back. Went thru a couple more before finally getting someone who was willing to work with me.
    You're welcome.

4. #2254 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi from Greenville SC. Just ordered my bobber from Great Sports in Joliet IL. Can't wait to get it. I sold my old shovelhead bobber years ago and really miss riding. I like the old school single cylinder look. All they had in stock was the silver and blue. I figure I'll do away with the front fender and paint the rear flat black. I have an old 70's sporty tank ready to put on. Hopefully it won't be too hard to fit on. I also went ahead and ordered drag bars and new grips for it and shopping for a seat. I don't think I'll mess with the motor much as it looks pretty good the way it is. Wish it had a kickstart though.
    I'm concerned regarding your 'Dealer', not in my Joliet phone book. Give me the address and I'll do a visit for you.

5. #2255 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    another word of caution: google "great sports joliet il" and the first two hits are ripoff/scam reports.

good luck with it.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

6. #2256 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Their website is actually called saferwholesale.com. Looks like they are located at 2108 Mcdonough St. They have a map on their site to that address and they come up on a search from yahoo local. So far they seem to have really good customer service. I appreciate the run by though if its not out of your way. I also saw a couple of bikes listed by them on the local craigslist there in Joliet.

7. #2257 Re: Question 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alleykat View Post
    Those of you that had the rear sprocket bolt/stud break, what sprocket size (teeth) were you running at that time?
    I went down to a 33t. I was assuming the broken sprocket studs where due to the 45t since it has more leverage and torque, as well as a possible combination of the snap ring failing.. I've been inspecting my stud bolts after ever trip and I don't see anything fouling up, but it's a good thing you found some stock replacement parts :]
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

8. #2258 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    another word of caution: google "great sports joliet il" and the first two hits are ripoff/scam reports.

good luck with it.
    Yeah I read through those reports. With the amount of customers they say they handle I didn't really see anything that would scare me off too much. Its the same with sunny sports Inc. If you google them. Same ripoff reports come up for them too. I read through those and they were about the same general kind of complaints and I have read on this forum and others have had great dealings with sunny sports. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have a good experience.

9. #2259 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    OK, as long as you've done your homework....

Looking forward to reading about your experience with the bike and mods!

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #2260 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Their website is actually called saferwholesale.com. Looks like they are located at 2108 Mcdonough St. They have a map on their site to that address and they come up on a search from yahoo local. So far they seem to have really good customer service. I appreciate the run by though if its not out of your way. I also saw a couple of bikes listed by them on the local craigslist there in Joliet.
    Will check them out by tomorrow worst case.