Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 240 of 634 FirstFirst ... 90190220230238239240241242250260290390 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 6336
  1. #2391 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Fantastic. Thank you SR.MAILMAN for your help

2. #2392 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Road trip with Harley guys was great. Was able to keep up.
    Issue half way home. Ground wire worked loose earlier, battery went dead. Push starting worked only for short distance.
    Ended up sitting in a cornfield 5 hrs. before friend brought my trailer. Had a flask & soduko puzzles to pass the time.
    Going to recharge battery & establish what's wrong.

3. #2393 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Ended up sitting in a cornfield 5 hrs.
    Ok, at least you didn't starve to death. So don't tell me you didn't peel one of the ears of corn off and chew on it. lol. I would have.

A bro of mine said he spotted a df250rtb up in Michigan on I 75. I'd almost bet it was one of you, (us). lol.

4. #2394 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well good news for those of us in SC. The bike was easy and simple to register. The only problem I had was with Great Sports and their stupid sales receipt that had the wrong info on it and they refused to fix. Luckily for me the DMV lady ask her supervisor and he went ahead and accepted it. A word of caution I would never buy from Great Sports again or saferwholesale.com. All these idiots had to do was fax over the right paperwork to the DMV and they refused too. Instead they wanted me to email them copies of paperwork they already should have had and wanted me to send the certificate of origin back to them.

5. #2395 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Bobber View Post
    Well good news for those of us in SC. The bike was easy and simple to register. The only problem I had was with Great Sports and their stupid sales receipt that had the wrong info on it and they refused to fix. Luckily for me the DMV lady ask her supervisor and he went ahead and accepted it. A word of caution I would never buy from Great Sports again or saferwholesale.com. All these idiots had to do was fax over the right paperwork to the DMV and they refused too. Instead they wanted me to email them copies of paperwork they already should have had and wanted me to send the certificate of origin back to them.
    That is good news, so lets see some pics ! Just hit 1000 miles on mine. runs better every day.

DSC00002.jpg

Question? I've noticed on some of the bikes here they have a smaller front brake disk. Being all manufactured in 2010, shouldn't they all be the same? My front disk is identical to the rear disk?

6. #2396 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=ghost1133;47157]Ok, at least you didn't starve to death. So don't tell me you didn't peel one of the ears of corn off and chew on it. lol. I would have.

Corn looked pretty bad (drought). I don't believe I drank that much vodka straight in my life (no water, just a flask)

Wasn't me in Mich. We were down state Illinois.

Still charging, lithium charger only a 2Amp

7. #2397 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    My brake wires came off at the rear brake connection. The battery was giving 12 volts, but the ignition was only making the solenoid click. I have some fun ahead of me figuring this one out. I hope it's not the solenoid since it may be a hassle getting one of those. Thankfully (?) I broke my foot so I won't be able to ride for awhile. Pitiful, I'm sure.
    DF 250 RTB

8. #2398 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    12 V solen only clicking - bad battery , I had very same issue , Barnone told me replace battery , I argued saying it had 12 V and fully charged on charger , but was indeed it

battery can read full power even if the amps it pushs out couldnt turn an unloaded starter : \

its easy to test , jump the bike from car battery , if it starts its the battery

my rear brake wires broke to , I soldered spearker terminals yes normal stereo speaker terminals to the wires and it allows simple plug/unplugging (you might need clean off old pre-existing solder on brake plug itself though)

and my disks are identical

9. #2399 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    I have another battery so I'll try that tomorrow. Hopefully that is it. Speaker terminals sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely have to clean the solder off because it's still there. I wouldn't mind this being an easy fix. Thanks for the info, Dan.
    DF 250 RTB

10. #2400 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Bikes don't have starter solenoids per say, like an auto does.We have the better and easier to deal with starter relay.If the relay is clicking when the start button is pushed then the relay is working.Pull the starter and see if it will run being powered directly from a car battery.I have has starter clutches lock up and destroy the starter's internals.