Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 241 of 634 FirstFirst ... 91191221231239240241242243251261291391 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 6336
  1. #2401 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well here she is all decked out in good ole confederate gray. Have over 200 mile on her now. Top speed with me on her is about 60 and she's pretty wound out at that speed. I guess i'm gonna have to drop down on the sprocket. Those who have done this mod whats a good middle of the road number. I don't want to lose to much bottom end.

2. #2402 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Bobber View Post
    Well here she is all decked out in good ole confederate gray. Have over 200 mile on her now. Top speed with me on her is about 60 and she's pretty wound out at that speed. I guess i'm gonna have to drop down on the sprocket. Those who have done this mod whats a good middle of the road number. I don't want to lose to much bottom end.

Grey is great! Keep going: Headlamp & forks.
    I use a 33, don't, too small for your area's terrain. Choose a 35 to 38

3. #2403 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Grey is great! Keep going: Headlamp & forks.
    I use a 33, don't, too small for your area's terrain. Choose a 35 to 38
    I'm over in Sparkle City so yeah,38 if you're close to 200lbs and 35 if you're closer to 150lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    I'm over in Sparkle City so yeah,38 if you're close to 200lbs and 35 if you're closer to 150lbs.
    This is true. I'm at 190lbs with a 35 with no hills along the coast and sometimes wished I had a 38 lol.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner

5. #2405 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well here she is all decked out in good ole confederate gray. Have over 200 mile on her now. Top speed with me on her is about 60 and she's pretty wound out at that speed. I guess i'm gonna have to drop down on the sprocket. Those who have done this mod whats a good middle of the road number. I don't want to lose to much bottom end.]
    I am about 200 lbs. I ran a 38 tooth for about 800 miles. Switched to a 35 just for the hey of it. After about 200 miles I am thinking about going back to the 38 tooth. Going to give it another couple of hundred miles to be sure. I can switch the sproket out in about 15 minutes. lol.

Like that Confederate gray, even if I am a damn Yankee.

6. #2406 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    i ran a 35t which was fine here in louisiana, but, at times it did feel on take off that i was in other people's way. it really didn't have the get up and go, i'd try the 38t if i were you.

7. #2407 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    After the cornfield breakdown with my Harley friends, recharged battery and rode locally for a couple of hours last week.
    Started acting up again and put it back on the charger. Lights on charger showed battery below 50% capacity again?

How do I find the issue? Magnito or something in between. Fair gearhead but not strong with electronics. Any suggestions?

Mods to electric system were new littium battery & headlamp. Confident not battery. Headlamp is halogen but only a 35/35.
    (speedo removed).

8. #2408 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 

9. #2409 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    After the cornfield breakdown with my Harley friends, recharged battery and rode locally for a couple of hours last week.
    Started acting up again and put it back on the charger. Lights on charger showed battery below 50% capacity again?

How do I find the issue? Magnito or something in between. Fair gearhead but not strong with electronics. Any suggestions?

Mods to electric system were new littium battery & headlamp. Confident not battery. Headlamp is halogen but only a 35/35.
    (speedo removed).
    Get a lead acid battery and put it in before messing with anything else. I've tried all kinds of batteries including gell. Nothing but problems. Sometimes would start and sometimes not. Went back to a lead and acid battery and no more problems. They are what your charging system is designed for.

10. #2410 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information