Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 27 of 634 FirstFirst ... 7172526272829374777177 ... LastLast
  1. #261 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    ok got confirmation the bike is getting picked up after 6pm EST was up till almost 3am building, securing and breaking down the bike for shipment. Its all wrapped in pretty green shrink wrap (It is St. Patrick's day after all) and waiting to go.

So I had filled the tank last Saturday they stated it has a 3.8Gal tank but I had gotten just over 2 gal when i emptied it.
    Another thing I just noticed was that most places are advertising it as a soft tail style when in fact its a rigid.
    Maybe I'm just feeling bitter and picky but this really has left a bad taste in my mouth for buying a motorcycle off the internet.
    No more catalog shopping for motorcycles online LoL

All in all though it hasn't dissuaded me from Chinese Bikes I'll just ned to be a bit more thorough when looking to buy one
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

2. #262 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What is a WMI? New to all this.

3. #263 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bckcntryslddr View Post
    What is a WMI? New to all this.
    the WMI is the 3 digit manufacture identification code the the states use to track vehicle manufacturers and registration.
    What i found out that the reg is only good for a year and that the manufacturers need to reup every year to stay in good standing
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

4. #264 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bckcntryslddr View Post
    Barnone, mx-motorsports, have you heard anything about them, they are in miami with a showroom and warehouse carrying the dong fang, their price is a little higher then scooter depot and say they will beat any price by 10% not much of a deal breaker for me but if all that be true I might use them.
    Don't know anything about mx-motorsports.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

5. #265 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Ok so here is the run down on what I have been doing all day long.

I called the tech services for DMV here in NY. after about 30 mins. of explaining whats going on the guy wanted to look up the model # because he couldn't find
    Dong Fang or DongFang anywhere in his database. He then looked up DF250RTB and the second he brought that up went WHOOOH Yeah thats an illegal manufacture and you wont be able to register or title that bike here, but then he said he really cant tell me any more without a VIN # then he can truly tell if it is an illegal manufacture or not. I wont have my create here till the 24th so unless Gordo wants to PM me his VIN I'll have to wait. I was also on the phone with Justin from countyimports again today and let him know what DMV said, He was like thats total bullshit because he has been on the phone with the manufacture all day today looking in to this and hes telling me DF250RTB is not even the model # and its not registered under Dong Fang so there was no way that the guy from DMV could be correct. He had also said how did this guy from DMV look anything up without the VIN... He had also told me that people have registered this bike here in NY so it shouldn't be an issue but hes still talking with the manufacture to get everything sorted out. Justin also said the bike is in rout but is something becomes and issue he will turn the truck around. So now I will just have to hold my breath and wait for this thing to get here, and then wait nearly another week to get the MSO and see if I can get this thing registered...
    So maybe with barnone's bike, Florida got it right and put in the correct manufactures name.

*edit*
    Oh and my handle bars just came in =)

6. #266 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Well they just picked up the bike and its on it way back to CA either way all the EPA tags say DONGFANG there is something not right about the whole thing. Did the guy from county Imports give you the correct model/make of the bike and who it is regged under
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #267 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    No he didn't, I am going to call him again tomorrow and get more details.

8. #268 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Untitled.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    No he didn't, I am going to call him again tomorrow and get more details.
    See if he has the manufacturers correct WMI code its the first 3 characters of the Vin# for manufacturers the one I have is LXD for the dong fang.

Now if he stated that NY is BSing you I'd question it all the tags on the bike state that ningbo donfang is the manufacturer of the bike the model number on the vin tag is DF250rtb i have pics to prove it
    the engine family is ADFGC .229MMA
    Untitled.jpg
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #269 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboshi View Post
    Ok so here is the run down on what I have been doing all day long.

I called the tech services for DMV here in NY. after about 30 mins. of explaining whats going on the guy wanted to look up the model # because he couldn't find
    Dong Fang or DongFang anywhere in his database. He then looked up DF250RTB and the second he brought that up went WHOOOH Yeah thats an illegal manufacture and you wont be able to register or title that bike here, but then he said he really cant tell me any more without a VIN # then he can truly tell if it is an illegal manufacture or not. I wont have my create here till the 24th so unless Gordo wants to PM me his VIN I'll have to wait. I was also on the phone with Justin from countyimports again today and let him know what DMV said, He was like thats total bullshit because he has been on the phone with the manufacture all day today looking in to this and hes telling me DF250RTB is not even the model # and its not registered under Dong Fang so there was no way that the guy from DMV could be correct. He had also said how did this guy from DMV look anything up without the VIN... He had also told me that people have registered this bike here in NY so it shouldn't be an issue but hes still talking with the manufacture to get everything sorted out. Justin also said the bike is in rout but is something becomes and issue he will turn the truck around. So now I will just have to hold my breath and wait for this thing to get here, and then wait nearly another week to get the MSO and see if I can get this thing registered...
    So maybe with barnone's bike, Florida got it right and put in the correct manufactures name.

*edit*
    Oh and my handle bars just came in =)
    Fustercluck. Jesus, these people are ufpucked.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #270 Re: Finally Registered My Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber In Florida 
    C-Moto Noob
    i just got the 250cc chopper.. what all can i do to this motorcycle can anyone help me??