Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 37 of 634 FirstFirst ... 17273536373839475787187 ... LastLast
  1. #361 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    I got the holes in pretty easy, bu my stupid ass broke the bolt off in the clutch clamp and even if I tap it out its stripped to shit...
    Sad thing is I barely torqued them in just to get it to catch...
    Now I have to either call up countyimports and bitch at them to send me a new one or just buy a new one off ebay.
    I really dont want to deal with countyimports because I doubt I will see the part for a few weeks.
    2011-03-29 13.59.25.jpg

I just emailed countyimports and sent them that pic so lets see how long it takes to get this part...
    I am ordering these sexy levers though as well because I planned on doing a black and red theme on the bike anyway: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_5685wt_935
    hopefully they are long enough and not like bmx style levers hehe
    Last edited by Aboshi; 03-29-2011 at 08:58 PM.

2. #362 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Good luck gettin the parts Aboshi at least its an easily replaceable part.

Well my fight with Scooterdepot is now ended and i called the big guns in. after being put on hold for a combined total of 4hrs today and getting the runaround I contacted the bank and they are crediting my account and going after Scooterdespot I'm done with them and that bike!!!
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

3. #363 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    damn that sux Gordo I figured you were going to have to do a charge back, I just ordered those levers so hopefully I will have them soon =(
    I still have to change the oil and put some gas in the tank but I got caught up doing other things today...

4. #364 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Get 'em Gardo, don't take any crap from these jackholes; for the customer it's a beating, to them it's business as usual, and that ain't right! Apparently they get away with it enough they don't feel the need to change.

Good to see CCW is treating you right, I think that may be the bright spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Good luck gettin the parts Aboshi at least its an easily replaceable part.

Well my fight with Scooterdepot is now ended and i called the big guns in. after being put on hold for a combined total of 4hrs today and getting the runaround I contacted the bank and they are crediting my account and going after Scooterdespot I'm done with them and that bike!!!
    1968 Yamaha YG5-T

5. #365 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sucks that you got to work it that way, but least you got a good bank that will fight it for you. I did like the DF that I saw of it, but was just not worth the possible hassle, Im glad some of you are having good luck with them though. For the price it was hard to beat out, for me it was worth the extra to go with the Heist, I do tend to do a lot of work myself for other things, but time is a tough thing to get. Single father means less times for toys, but the good part of it is, my daughter loves my toys so looks like I will be working with her on things as she gets older.

6. #366 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bckcntryslddr View Post
    Sucks that you got to work it that way, but least you got a good bank that will fight it for you. I did like the DF that I saw of it, but was just not worth the possible hassle, Im glad some of you are having good luck with them though. For the price it was hard to beat out, for me it was worth the extra to go with the Heist, I do tend to do a lot of work myself for other things, but time is a tough thing to get. Single father means less times for toys, but the good part of it is, my daughter loves my toys so looks like I will be working with her on things as she gets older.
    Yea it does but at least the bank is helping out. I have a 3.5yr old myself that loves motorcycles and tooling around in daddy's garage still trying to sell the wife on the fact i wanna get a lil dirt bike or 12volt for her
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #367 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    barnone, hows the DF running? Was that a straight pipe from the factory? or did it have some baffle? Know you upgraded to the 8" baffle, wondering if we could get a sound clip or video. Interested in hearing how it sounds? I am going to design something for my Heist, but know I will want to baffle some, so looking at tons of differences. Thanks

8. #368 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Aboshi, what's the story with the bike, has it been out in th elements since Monday? is the dealer sending the MSO?
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW Heist Riders

9. #369 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah I have a cover on it and its been too nasty out to do anything on it =(
    Snow hail and rain for the lat few days, I am still waiting on the MSO I really wanted it by tomorrow so I can go down to DMV and get it all regged up but that doesn't looks like thats gonna happen...
    I'm sure they are slacking on getting me the MSO...
    Also I had only got that one email form Tina about the clutch lever and all she said was that she is contacting the manufacture, so who knows how long that will take.
    I did however order these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...#ht_5685wt_935 so the one that countyimports sends me will just be a back up just in case =)

I think I will call them right now and see if they have sent out my MSO yet :P
    I'll report back in a bit and let you all know.

**edit**
    They only put the order in for my MSO yesterday and they wont have it for a few days so I might have it next week...
    I will keep you posted =(
    At least its really shitty up here right now and I wouldn't be able to ride her anyway, but if this was closer to summer and it took someone over a month to get the bike and MSO I'm sure they would be super pissed! I'm already pissed and its just because of the principalities hehe

10. #370 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bckcntryslddr View Post
    barnone, hows the DF running? Was that a straight pipe from the factory? or did it have some baffle? Know you upgraded to the 8" baffle, wondering if we could get a sound clip or video. Interested in hearing how it sounds? I am going to design something for my Heist, but know I will want to baffle some, so looking at tons of differences. Thanks
    bck,
    The DF is running just fine. I think I went too far when I changed the rear sprocket to a 33 tooth so ordered a 38T to try.

These simple bobbers are sure easy to work on and customize. Took me a half hour to check the valves for the second time at 600 miles. They were too tight the first time but just fine the second time.

The muffler is stock and is straight through although I pretty sure there is a catalytic converter in the head pipe. I'll pull the baffle I installed and get a sound byte.

Gardo liked the sound the short time he had his DF but I don't like loud bikes.

I haven't heard what Aboshi thinks about the sound of his DF. I'm interested to hear about how his new clutch/brake levers fit and work.

I'm an old fart so maybe that has something to do with it.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter