Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 599 of 607 FirstFirst ... 449549579589597598599600601 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6063
  1. #5981 Re: the 1000 mile experiment 
    Senior C-Moto Guru barnone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SWFL WNC
    Posts
    2,076
    0416171057a.jpg

    Had a nice ride out to the ranch on the DF to do a little exotic vegetation work. She is running just fine, knock on wood.
    2015 Ural cT sidecar
    2012 Sky Team ST125-6B CT70 clone 17/32
    2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB-A 40/105 jetting 13/35 sprockets
    2013 Sky Team ST125-8A Z50 clone monkey bike 17/29
    2013 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone sidecar 17/37 2013
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #5982 Re: the 1000 mile experiment 
    C-Moto Senior alleykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    134
    I like the 50cal ammo cans, nice.
    2010 Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Owner
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #5983 2010 DF250RTB Stator? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2
    Hello All,

    Has anyone replaced their stator yet? I saw awhile back someone was able to fix theirs, but I'm looking to purchase an actual replacement. No luck using DF's part number. My bike isn't charging and I replaced the entire wire harness in the bike with a new one. I cant figure out the turn signals wires because they were originally removed, and tail light either but that's an entirely different issue.

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Raider1911
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #5984 Re: 2010 DF250RTB Stator? 
    C-Moto Senior SR.MAILMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    central CT. U.S.A.
    Posts
    141
    Have you looked here? Vento vthunder colt 2V49FMM
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5985 Re: 2010 DF250RTB Stator? 
    Senior C-Moto Guru axa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley Elevation: 240ft
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider1911 View Post
    Hello All,

    Has anyone replaced their stator yet? I saw awhile back someone was able to fix theirs, but I'm looking to purchase an actual replacement. No luck using DF's part number. My bike isn't charging and I replaced the entire wire harness in the bike with a new one. I cant figure out the turn signals wires because they were originally removed, and tail light either but that's an entirely different issue.

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Raider1911
    that was me who repaired the stator.

    before you throw any more money at it, unless that's the kind of thing you like to do, if advise you to take the stator out and check it.
    if there's an open circuit you can find and maybe fix it as I had, but if it's a short, it'll be allot harder..
    in anticipation, I bought a spool of 16 huge magnet, epoxy shielded, wire, and was going to rewind.
    it's a simple test with a basic multi meter, you only need the resistance or conductivity function.

    I did find a replacement on eBay, I forget the number of poles, 11 or 12, but you won't find many available and it's not as cheap as the other one...
    so why not check it first.

    also influencing the charge are a separate regulator and separate rectifier on the bike, I'm not sure exactly why as the regulator is described to have a rectifier, but anyway start with the stator.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5986 Re: 2010 DF250RTB StatorOiling and Adjusting The Chain 
    Senior C-Moto Guru barnone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SWFL WNC
    Posts
    2,076
    After adjustment.

    0515171107 (1).jpg




    0515171106.jpg

    The pointer show that the alignment marks are off two marks.

    0515171108.jpg

    She is running just fine and ready to get trailer-ed along with the other bikes to the mountains of Western North Carolina for the summer.
    2015 Ural cT sidecar
    2012 Sky Team ST125-6B CT70 clone 17/32
    2012 Dong Fang DF250RTB-A 40/105 jetting 13/35 sprockets
    2013 Sky Team ST125-8A Z50 clone monkey bike 17/29
    2013 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone sidecar 17/37 2013
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #5987 Re: 2010 DF250RTB StatorOiling and Adjusting The Chain 
    2 WHEEL PROJECTILE ben2go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upstate,SC USA
    Posts
    342
    That's how I align all my chains.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #5988 Re: 2010 DF250RTB Stator? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    that was me who repaired the stator.

    before you throw any more money at it, unless that's the kind of thing you like to do, if advise you to take the stator out and check it.
    if there's an open circuit you can find and maybe fix it as I had, but if it's a short, it'll be allot harder..
    in anticipation, I bought a spool of 16 huge magnet, epoxy shielded, wire, and was going to rewind.
    it's a simple test with a basic multi meter, you only need the resistance or conductivity function.

    I did find a replacement on eBay, I forget the number of poles, 11 or 12, but you won't find many available and it's not as cheap as the other one...
    so why not check it first.

    also influencing the charge are a separate regulator and separate rectifier on the bike, I'm not sure exactly why as the regulator is described to have a rectifier, but anyway start with the stator.
    I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your reply. A friend with a lot more knowledge than me came to help diagnose the bike. Using his voltmeter like you suggested he was actually able to determine that the stator was functioning correctly, and the rectifier wasn't. The black box with heatsinks. We found a unit on Ebay with the same wire colors, and plugs for about $13. The rectangle rectifier diode we already replaced a few weeks ago, hoping after this unit we're in good shape. All of the grounds on the bike have voltage and it has put us at a standstill getting this bike road ready again. The bike sat for half a year in the AZ sun, it raised havoc on the bike's wiring. After this part all of the electrical components have been completely replaced besides the wiring from the switch controls on the bars.

    If anyone ever needs a complete wiring harness, this was a legit source.
    http://parts.powersportsbest.com/ind.../df250rtb.html

    Thank you again.
    Raider
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #5989 Re: 2010 DF250RTB StatorOiling and Adjusting The Chain 
    Senior C-Moto Guru axa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley Elevation: 240ft
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
    That's how I align all my chains.
    how do you guys know that tool is parallel to begin with.
    2012 DF250RTB_B; ported cylinder head decked at 10:1CR
    13/30 Sprockets
    Back cut valves, intake: .004, exhaust: .006
    jets = pilot: 45 , main: 115, needle: stock
    Intake pTrap air ram; Exhaust = stock No catalyst
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #5990 Re: 2010 DF250RTB StatorOiling and Adjusting The Chain 
    2 WHEEL PROJECTILE ben2go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Upstate,SC USA
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    how do you guys know that tool is parallel to begin with.
    Use a machinist square to check the block and the rod. I do it every time I drop mine or when it's been rolling around in my tool box.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. DD350E-2 Bobber
    By xacarrere in forum Manufacturers and Importers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 12:03 PM
  2. Bobber Bikes
    By Geronimo in forum Sidecars
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 05:02 AM
  3. Help ID this customized chinese bobber please?
    By fonzerelli in forum Street
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 05:00 PM
  4. my 2nd 16 inch bobber
    By Geronimo in forum Sidecars
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 11:10 AM
  5. JH600B Information Wanted
    By blazeafar in forum Welcome to MCM!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •