Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 634 FirstFirst 12345132353153 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Bobber 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    ChinaV,
    I stuck a 8" baffle up her bung today to quite her down and it seems to do the trick.
    There are so many witty remarks I would like to make about your post...must control myself. I figured she would be loud, can't see how that pipe could quiet the engine much.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #22 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    MJH,
    Thanks for the info on the engine''s source and the sprocket. That picture at Amazon looks right. I'll order a 14 tooth one tonight.
    Edit: Ordered one from a USA source.
    Cool looking bike - looks just right with a "proper" tubing frame , no pressed bits , and minimalist .

What width is the chain ? - thought it might be a 1/2" like my CCM which needs a XR200 front sprocket ?
    http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...sel_uid=719&p=

3. #23 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bojer View Post
    Cool looking bike - looks just right with a "proper" tubing frame , no pressed bits , and minimalist .

What width is the chain ? - thought it might be a 1/2" like my CCM which needs a XR200 front sprocket ?
    http://www.jtsprockets.com/52.0.html...sel_uid=719&p=
    bojer,
    Thanks for the web site. I think that front sprocket is the one that I ordered. Hope it will fit because it looks tight for an extra tooth.
    I'm going to have to pull the rear wheel and measure the rear sprocket if I have to loose some teeth there to gear her up a bit.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #24 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Yep it's a useful site to compare sizes etc , been out on my CCM today and even with a 16T front sprocket ( which only just fits) it is still too low geared . Going to be measuring rear sprocket pcd etc and wading through trying to find a match , suppose Honda is a good starting place .

5. #25 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Hey Gardo,
    I am glad to see another Dong Fang bobber owner here. Lots of good people here to help us out.

So far so good with mine although I only have 100 miles on the clock. I'm going to put another eighty on tomorrow with a ride out to our ranch to check on the cows.
    The sticker on the engine regarding break in said to keep it under 50KPH for 300 KMs so I will be there tomorrow.
    So in SAE its 30 mph for the first 180 miles, thats respectable. I live in a densely populated town outside NYC. Good enough for me to tool around on for a few days even in this chilly weather.

Ordered some jets to rich it up a bit. Plug is bone white now.
    I know you also posted about the front sprocket, but what other Mods are you looking to do?

Let me know when your's comes in and your impression. I think it's a solid bike and a fun ride.

What color did you order?

It was easy to put together with only the handlebars and battery to install (after filling it with the supplied acid and an overnight slow charge) and a drain and fill with oil. I did have to loosen the chain a little bit.
    Its due to be at my house on Tuesday the 1st. Spent Sunday cleaning and organizing the garage to not only have room for it but so i can work on it as well. I ordered the flat black, not sure what color I wanted and figured that if I needed to I can always repaint the tins.
    Good to know that its fairly put together already, it was a toss up with This Bobber a Hardknocks 5150 with the Lifan 250cc (whick comes in 4 boxes) was around $4k USD or the JohnnyPag BarHog at $4700 USD. The DF250RTB looked like the right choice to me at a great price $2200 USD with shipping and warranty

I adjusted the springer seat today to carry my 200 lbs a little higher. Also ordered a sheep skin seat cover from New Zealand to give it a little class. Need to get some saddle bags soon.
    I'm also about 200lbs and 5'7" whats the seat like and will I need to readjust it much for my weight and ride comfort?
    I like the sheepskin idea gives it an old school look.
    I'm looking at keeping it stock at least till the end of the season and figure what i may want to customize and change up.

I'll snag a bunch of pics when it gets in and do the whole unbox and parts set.

Can you tell I'm excited about the bike?

6. #26 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    I'm not going crazy on the mods. Just a step up on the jets, baffle, saddle bags, maybe some drag bars, sheepskin, simple stuff. Did take the goofy DF250RTB stickers off the tank.

The seat tension is easy enough to adjust. I might tighten mine up a little more to keep it level with my weight on it.

I ordered the flat black also but it came glossy black on the tank and fenders. I don't think flat black is a choice. The first bike they sent me was a completely different model so I had to send it back all at their expense. Guy promised me two helmets for my trouble that still haven't come. Also they are suppose to be sending me a tool kit as mentioned as part of the deal on their web site. Good thing I used paypal and opened a dispute. Had to do the same thing with the dealer in Georgia that I bought my Qlink XF200. Also had to do the same thing to a local dealer here in Florida. No follow up from these dealers.

Typical of these internet drop shippers to not know their product such as saying it's a 250cc when really it's a 229cc.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

7. #27 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Barnone i did some digging and found the manufacturer of the Bike http://dfly.en.alibaba.com/aboutus.html
    I located it off of the EPA cert page and pulled the manufacturer off from there.
    Here is a link easily viewed in Excel of all the models and makes in the US
    http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/veh-cer...r-01-26-11.csv

Well if i get the glossy black that would be okay by me too. Good to know that the markings on the tank are stickers and will be happy to be rid of them.
    I may change out the handlebars for a set of 10" ape hangers and later on have the tank painted with something I'm drawing up and the rims powder coated red with a set of White walls.
    can't see right now how a set of saddles will sit on the bike.
    It'll be a labor of love for sure

8. #28 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Baffle to tone her down a bit
    Last edited by barnone; 07-23-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #29 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    That really is a sweet looking bike. How did the ride to ranch go yesterday.

Go to know about that the tank has stickers.Esp that they come off. I was thinking a set of blacked out 10 or 11" Ape hangers and a paint job on the tank once i finish drawing it up. Was also thinking about redoing the rims in a red powdercoat

10. #30 Re: Anyone Know Of Dong Fang DF250RTB Bobber? 
    Hey all, thrilled to have found this forum and thread. I had given up riding a few years ago at the insistence of my wife following a fairly nasty accident (pickup truck + motorcycle = boom boom)...however I was recently bitten by the bug after renting a bike while on vacation in florida. So I'm shopping around for something small and non-threatening, and have been looking at all the johnny pag/cleveland cycleworks offerings...clearly the pricing on this thing would make it fairly desirable, but I'm curious as to if there's any real noticeable differences between this bike and those? I'm not a big wrench-turner, so reading that it comes almost entirely assembled does offer me some comfort...

Also I am curious to see a photo of this bike with a normal sized person on it - I'm not terribly large, 5'10 and around 200lbs...but having seen some of the "Crate bikes" that friends have purchased in the past, I have concerns as to the definition of "full sized" ;)

How's the power feel on this thing? Not a big speed demon, but would like to know it can get up to 60 or so without having to get off and push...
    Thanks!