Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 492 of 634 FirstFirst ... 342442472482490491492493494502512542 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 6336
  1. #4911 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    When I changed out my Bars for mini apes, I had to get a longer clutch cable, I went with a Triumph cable. works great. Ebay had a few of them that would work, but I actually have a dealer ship around town.. www.gulfcoastmotorcycle.com they had the cable I needed. Just had to match up the length I needed with the proper barrel nipple for the handle, and the correct fitting for the clutch ,which had to be modified once I got it home.

2. #4912 Re: Battery Failures 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Took her out for a "high" speed run. At 75 MPH indicated (probably about 68 MPH real) she is turning (with my 38 tooth rear sprocket) about 7600 RPM in fifth.
    Vibration is getting very uncomfortable at that RPM.
    I posted this back in 2011 when I had a 2010 DF. Can't get the same speed out of my 2012 DF.
    Most RPM I can get on my 2012 DF in fifth gear is about 6200 RPM, about 65 MPH indicated (no GPS but probably approx 60 MPH real). No bad vibration.

I am puzzled or was I full of BS back then?

Anyway, I am back to stock 2012 jets and will try her again.
    Last edited by barnone; 04-26-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #4913 Re: Battery Failures 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Got my hands on the coil and on the rebuild kit. Performance coil has a Primary rating of .6 ohms and secondary of 5.7k ohms. I haven't had the chance to check the stocker, but the install should go fairly quick, and I'll post results. The PZ30 kit has some good, some bad. The good is that the needle has the c-clip notches on it to adjust the mid-range mixture. The bad is that the jets don't have the size stamped on them! I'll just have to compare them to the ones I'm running now, in any case I mostly needed the pilot jet and mixture screw. Everything else is a backup.

On a side note, what position is the c-clip on your carb needle, Barnone?
    2010 DF250RTB, all stock except for drag bars

4. #4914 Re: Battery Failures 
    Woody,
    My installed needle only has one notch. I was running two washers under the needle head but recently removed them. I also have a rebuild kit with the multiple notches on the needle but have never used it.
    My kit has a 39 pilot and an unmarked high speed.
    Did you solve your low speed sputter problem?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #4915 Re: Battery Failures 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I haven't had the chance to swap out the jets or coil, as I've been swamped with work and with schooling. The weather also hasn't helped, but first bit of clear weather I get I'll set about adjusting the carb, and replacing the coil (as well as providing feedback on the coil).

**UPDATE***

Swapped out the coil, reconnected the battery. Stock coil has 3 ohm Primary and 9.86k Secondary ratings. !! Blew two more ceramic 15A fuses !! The second I hit the start switch the damn thing blew. Swapped out the fuse for another while the key was still in the "on" position, blew the last spare
    Moved the key to the "off" position, tried dropping in an automotive-style AGC 15A 32V fuse, blew it the second it touched the contacts.

Looks like I'm going to have to trace wires. I'm at a loss of what it could be, as I haven't modified any of the wiring on the bike
    Last edited by Woody87; 04-30-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    2010 DF250RTB, all stock except for drag bars

6. #4916 Re: Battery Failures 
    Check battery +/positive wire connection for touching the metal box it is in.
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

7. #4917 Re: Battery Failures 
    Quote Originally Posted by SR.MAILMAN View Post
    Check battery +/positive wire connection for touching the metal box it is in.
    That would just short out the battery.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #4918 Re: Battery Failures 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    That would just short out the battery.
    Your right Vince. Please call it a "senior moment".
    2011 Yamaha Star 250
    2010 DF 250 Bobber (sold)
    2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
    1993 Kawasaki Vulcan88(sold)

9. #4919 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by GonzoX View Post
    That's interesting as Im insured through Progressive via USAA. And Progressive told me I could not get full coverage for the beast. Im OK with this because I figure that if I screw my bike up THAT bad then my body will also be screwed up even worse and I may even be dead so who cares about full coverage. OK for my truck and Jeep but don't need it for my bike really. Liability only works fine for me and it's cheap. Full coverage on a 2k bike isn't going to do me any good if Im dead or in a wheel chair LOL.
    Allstate insures it where i am fully. about 45$ a year for collision, with a 200$ deductible i believe. Rates are not cheap tri state NYC.
    I figured it was worth the price for the first year just because i figured the risk of doing something stupid was high. And they said they would pay roughly 2k for a total loss that first year.
    Now Im told pay out would be "roughly the price of a used bike", but who the hell knows what that would as there is no market for these bikes.

Anyway I dont trust the insurance industry, and usually self insure collision and keep a very high deductible on liabilities, so i dropped it and now pay about 60 a year for liabilities, medicals and what not.

USAA_or AMICA on the other hand has is great service, i guess they wont putz around with you and tell you your getting full coverage when the benefit to you is marginal.

10. #4920 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by axa View Post
    Allstate insures it where i am fully. about 45$ a year for collision, with a 200$ deductible i believe. Rates are not cheap tri state NYC.
    I figured it was worth the price for the first year just because i figured the risk of doing something stupid was high. And they said they would pay roughly 2k for a total loss that first year.
    Now Im told pay out would be "roughly the price of a used bike", but who the hell knows what that would as there is no market for these bikes.

Anyway I dont trust the insurance industry, and usually self insure collision and keep a very high deductible on liabilities, so i dropped it and now pay about 60 a year for liabilities, medicals and what not.

USAA_or AMICA on the other hand has is great service, i guess they wont putz around with you and tell you your getting full coverage when the benefit to you is marginal.
    Dang axa, I have liability only from Progressive through USAA and its about $70 a year. They don't offer full coverage for Chinese bikes according to them. And that's OK since I figure that if I total the bike I total myself as well. No use having insurance on your bike if your tits up IMHO. Will agree on this though, USAA is the best insurance CO ever. Hands down. They took care of me many of times.