Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #1002 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    Vince,

I've got a set of chrome bars if that will work. $20 + shipping sound fair?

Robbinsville? Been there many times.

/Mike
    Yep,up here in the sticks. I'll take your offer on the bars if no flat black ones are offered up.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #1003 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Nothing happened.
    Well, something happened! You broke four digits with your excellent DFBobber thread (and didn't break the system). That's a nice little accomplishment, especially considering how useful this thread has been to so many newcomers.

So, Congratulations!

Nice also to see Gardo and thaHeisters nipping at your heels. Good stuff!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #1004 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Been checking out this thread for some time, finally got to the end and thought I should say something. I'm hoping to get one soon, but can't ride till next year, so I have some time to save. Has anyone checked to see if a 400cc Honda could wedge in, I've seen some taken out of quads up for sale for about $300 on my local craigs, just a thought.

5. #1005 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Guru
    bought my chopper (same motor) DF250 CHA/B thru killer motorsport cause they licence and tag it for ya

only prob Ive had was

unable to find same size tires if needing a replacement - will use moped front and car low profile rear if it comes to it (chopper issue only shouldnt be an issue for u bobber fella's)

extreamly low gearing , added a 17 tooth front brought it to 65 top speed but engine still has more to give (holds it like a champ) (I'm 150 lbs bike only 240 lbs) actually concidering a 33 tooth rear :p (would bring my top end to about 80 allowing "cruising" at 70-75ish)
    (also not an issue for you bobber fella's as u dont have a 20" tall back tire (including rubber) requiring nearly 50% more gearing)

and rectifier dimming lights on high revs (that I read about here) and popping bulbs on returning to low revs (new one on order)

I'm 150 lb 6'5 male austin texas area only minor road grades, needed to extend forward controls 1 full foot and currently working on fabricating a split dual air ram (2 90degree angles) to feed the bike at highway speeds , nearly have 500 miles on bike already 80% of that is 60-65mph highway miles

hope you dont mind me barging in here Barnone , but its basically the same bike I just have funny tiny tires and a 41degree fork rake :p (chopper threads here and other places are dead and all but useless)
    Last edited by DanDaMan; 08-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.

6. #1006 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    well I got the call yesterday...truck supposed to be here between 9am and noon..so just hangin around waiting for it. will keep ya posted as soon as it gets here as to condition of crate..ect. Feeling like a kid at christmas...hurry up santa...hurry up...

7. #1007 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    thanks guys, i thought something sounded shady about that sprocket, but to be fair to killer motorsports, scooter depot's description of the bike is exactly the same, even says free PDI, which is not true. i got my paperwork in the mail yesterday evening, and got the bike registered and insured today, but i have to wait til friday for my plate, it's killing me. my insurance agent registered the bike for me, and he had to add dongfang to his list cause he couldn't find it. and progressive would only offer liability for unknown vehicles, so i couldn't get full coverage. i'll be back with a post ride report as soon as get a chance to ride the bike.

8. #1008 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Yippie skippie..it hit my driveway at 3pm yesterday. everything looked great. Crate was in excellent condition.uncrated it..put the bars on..rolled it out and looked it over. haven't done anything to it yet..no fluids added,no gas yet..gonna wait until I get the items I need for it first. like the magnetic oil plug,correct fluids ,tags,insurance,and then get her fired up.Gonna definetly look for different handle bars..do not like the feel with the stock ones.
    Any ideas where to get bars for it?Kinda new to this and seems a few of you know where to find low cost items better than I would. also looking for some used saddle bags,,I want that worn look that new ones cannot offer. anyway..took pics and will load them up tonight.
    Title came with the bike...and I also got one in the mail with my receipt from Scooter Depot.Vin matches,so good to go.
    Taking another rider course hopefully this weekend..so i can adjust to shifting the bike..never had to on my scooter..so kinda not comfy yet with that.Also gonna have to get a set of metris tools to have..since everything on this seems to be metric.Will keep checking this post for your updates as well. very pleased to be a part of this. and very pleased to have my new ride.cannot wait to putt around on it.

9. #1009 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    C-Moto Regular
    Any 7/8" handlebars will fit assuming you don't go too radical with the height & width. For example, ape hangers will require longer control cables, brake hose and wires. Small cafe' bars like I've got, leaves you with excess cables, wires and hose which can carefully be re-routed to take-up the slack. If you get something like your typical standard UJM style bars, you should be spot-on.

/M

10. #1010 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaCorse View Post
    Any 7/8" handlebars will fit assuming you don't go too radical with the height & width. For example, ape hangers will require longer control cables, brake hose and wires. Small cafe' bars like I've got, leaves you with excess cables, wires and hose which can carefully be re-routed to take-up the slack. If you get something like your typical standard UJM style bars, you should be spot-on.

/M

very cool I am actually loking for something that will rise back a little more towards me,as i am not a big fan of laying forward while riding.. hurts my back a bit. plus I feel like I am stretching just to control it. so i am looking for a set that would come a little higher and closer to me.thanks for the info..any good places to start looking around for them?