Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 107 of 634 FirstFirst ... 578797105106107108109117127157257 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 6336
  1. #1061 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjohnson View Post
    This bike looks to cool to pass up. I have very little in the way of mechanical skills, but you have to learn somewhere, this seems like a good place. I do have access to people with mechanical skills, but I think I will try my damnedest to learn how all this works.

Thanks for the insight.
    T
    Tom,
    The DF is a very neat bike. Get use to being peppered with questions or park in out of the way places.
    Don't over tighten the bolts. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #1062 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Barnone..quick question..what is the size of the oil drain plud. i am looking to get a magnetic one as you sugested..but I am not sure the size..is it a 12mm,14mm..?? Thanks.

3. #1063 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowtiewagon View Post
    Barnone..quick question..what is the size of the oil drain plud. i am looking to get a magnetic one as you sugested..but I am not sure the size..is it a 12mm,14mm..?? Thanks.
    bowtiewagon,
    It's a 12mm x 1.50 Thread.
    I got mine from
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...item5ae262e20a
    and he now has three colors.

First oil change.

Second oil change.Much better.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

4. #1064 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    very very cool thank you kindly sir.

5. #1065 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hello all, I am impatient and can hardly wait for the MCO and bill of sale to arrive. I was told by the nice people at Killer Motorsports that they had mailed the documents and that they should arrive last Friday. Well...Friday has come and gone...and Monday has come and gone, now it has been 8 days for an envelope to transit the wide expanses of Texas to the wilderness of Chapel Hill Tennessee.... as I have said in an earlier post , customer service at Killer Motorsports leaves a lot to be desired. I sent an e-mail Sunday night asking where the documents could possibly be... The following is my correspondence...
    ================================================== =====================================

ok. I will be sure to inform everyone checking out the Dong Fang bobber that you don't really care what happens after the bike is shipped. I will also point out the errors on your page as well as the outright lies. For example... free assembly toolkit... doesn't exist--- free PDI before shipping...didn't happen at all, the bike was shipped from California , when it arrived the fuel line was disconnected from the carbuerator and the drain was open on the float bowl---- the bike is advertised as a 250cc when it is definitely a 229cc engine--- also the bike is advertised to have ABS, doesn't have ABS at all. The biggest problem is that your company wants everyone to believe that the customer service it better than the other companies selling the same bike, my experience has been poor so far. I ask you about the needed documentation required for me to register the bike and I am told that , you mailed it out and can't do anything else. I would have thought that when you mail title documents for a vehicle, there would be a tracking number or some other way to determine where in the world they are. I am amazed at the lack of concern for the as yet undelivered documents, especially since it does not take a week for a letter sent from any part of Texas to arrive in any other part of the United States. Don't misunderstand me, I really do like the product... and will recommend it to others, but I will also advise them to use another vendor. The same bike is sold by about 10 other companies for about the same price. Feel free to check my post my username is Bobber 250 .

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2738-Dong-Fang-DF-250-RTB-Bobber-Information/page105

Go to the last page of the forum to read my posting.

Sean

Here is all the FREE STUFF you get when you buy a powersports vehicle from us!
    1. Free Shipping on almost all vehicles!
    2. Free Residential Delivery. (Most places make you pick up at the shipping terminal)
    3. Free Liftgate Service at delivery. (Except Small Dirt Bikes and Small ATVS)
    4. Free 3 Month Manufacture Warranty! Click here for full details.
    5. Free Lifetime Tech Support from our Certified MMI Mechanics. (Most companies offer free tech support but not from REAL Mechanics)
    6. Free Tool Kits. (Included with Most Vehicles)(NEVER GOT IT)
    7. Free Owner's Manual.
    8. Free MCO for vehicle registration.
    9. Free PDI/Tuning before unit ships.(IF THE PDI AND TUNING WERE PERFORMED AS PROMISED, I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD A FUEL LEAK)

-----Original Message-----
    To: hawkinflight1969 <hawkinflight1969@aol.com>
    Sent: Mon, Sep 12, 2011 8:31 am
    Subject: RE: RE: mco title highbeam switch

I mailed it out, there is nothing more I can do.

Charissa Crawley
    Killer Motorsports
    2505 Gravel Rd
    Ft Worth, TX 76118

-----Original Message-----
    From: hawkinflight1969@aol.com [mailto:hawkinflight1969@aol.com]
    Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 7:40 PM
    To: charissa@killermotorsports.com
    Subject: Re: RE: mco title highbeam switch

It is now 9-11 and the paperwork has STILL not arrived. Can somebody tell me
    where it is?

Sean Truman

When I am asked about the customer service on the mychinamoto forum, how
    would you like me to respond? 1 week to process the order 1 more week til
    the bike arrives with no helmet OR toolkit (one I paid for the other you
    promised on the website as a bonus for purchasing from you) ,
    1 more week for the helmet to arrive and now 1 week and counting for the
    MCO... You have been paid in full and immediately , no waiting...
    Did you think that I might like to ride the bike before winter arrives...
    Its been almost a month... I can give your company good feedback directly to
    the people that are interested in these bikes or I can tell them to buy the
    Heist instead.

I really only want you to do what you say you are going to do. Failing that
    you have lied... Lying to customers is not a good business practice. Now...
    I don't care if the toolkit is junk , it's a matter of principle... You
    promised it and I want it.

Sean Truman

Last edited by bobber250; 09-13-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: OOPS

6. #1066 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Theres my $0.02 worth... I have a difficult time dealing with poor customer service. I have an even more difficult time dealing with companies that mislead or lie to their customers. I admit that $2300 is not much money, but what kills me is that the paperwork for the finance company arrived on time... and I have sent the first installment and I have still not gotten the paperwork to register the bike. So , I would recommend that anyone interested in this beautiful bike should buy one, just don't use Killer Motorsports in Texas. I purchased my bike over a month ago.

Nuff Said....

Thanks guys, I hope the information I posted this evening will help others avoid some pitfalls associated with this type of purchase.

Sean

7. #1067 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Hey all I finally uploaded my pic of my ride..

well there it is..Haven't even started it yet..kinda been so busy with work..and there are a few details I would like to handle before I put any fuel in it..but I have gone over it,found a few flwas..but I am one of those..Ya get what you pay for kinda thinkers..I know it will not be perfect..and honestly who is?I had absolutely no trouble what so ever with scooter depot..they have handled everything top notch like they did in the past with me when I bought my 150cc Titan scooter I have had for 3 years..and 28,226 miles.
    I plan on changing out the tail light and signals to a single unit that has all three(brake/tail,signals,plate light)..I am going to look at some ammo boxes for my saddle bags..I am looking at a few different style handle bars,and I will get my magnetic oil drain plug first before any fluids go in.Next will be the seat..and on from there.
    Took a motorcyle training/safety course over this past weekend..passed with no issues,then on to the DPS for my new liscense.Tags,inspection and then freedom on the open road...well sorta open..gotta keep a lookout for the crazies most of the time..but the idea is the freedom..
    will keep ya'll posted.

p.s. please forgive the condition of my lawn in the pics..we have been in a severe drought for the last 3 months and my grass is gone..cannot water much due to restrictions..I am kinda sad as I work with my wife real hard to maintain our lawn and gardens....gonna have to get some sod.

8. #1068 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    bowtiewagon,
    Good photos and I can see your bow tie wagon in the background.
    The all flat black is the one I would get if I get another DF. I'd pull off the tape on the fenders and the tank and leave the rest of it alone. It looks old school just fine.

I'm looking for some ammo cans also. I removed the rear turn signals so have plenty of room for some.

I want to get my hands on a set of those flat black handlebars and the flat black tail light.

I put some of the black wire wrap over those white battery wires.

Glad to hear again that you had good luck with scooter depot.

Too bad about the drought in Texas. My brother in Dripping Springs is sweating the wild fires. Two other brothers in Houston have had to let their lawns go also because of lack of water.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

9. #1069 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    My glossy black DF appears to have clear coat over the tape on the tank and fenders. I tried starting to pull off the tape with my fingernails but I can't get it started. What am I doing wrong?

Anybody come up with different tank ideas?
    Here's one on Ebay that might fit. 3.3 gallon capacity.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Need to spend some time at a bike junk yard to do some looking for a tank.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #1070 Re: Dong Fang DF 250 RTB Bobber Information 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    bowtiewagon,
    Good photos and I can see your bow tie wagon in the background..
    Yes sir,thats my baby.She's a 1963 Belair 9 passanger wagon.Straight 235/6cyl. all original..less the three on the tree.converted to automatic.evrything is there but two trim strips on the passenger side roof. Luggage roof rack is perfect.Interior is excellent except for driverside seat on the bench..a very very large salesman drove this car all around texas..never had anyone else in it. rear seat was brand new looking when I unfolded it. anyway..she's road worthy..just cost to much for fuel..thats why i have the new bike.