Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 115 of 634 FirstFirst ... 6595105113114115116117125135165265 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 6336
  1. #1141 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    ben2go,
    That HF chain breaker is the tool I used and it worked just fine.
    Watch the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uTpSWkBiYA on how to use it.

Thanks.Good vid.

2. #1142 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    jkp,
    Thanks for the confirmation on DF.
    Just got back from a chilly ride and a guy on a 1800 Goldwing asked me if my DF was a Harley. I just agreed with him.
    I had a bit of trouble explaining to a friend that my DF250RTB was a "new" bike and not a modified , used Japanese bike. LOL

3. #1143 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    C-Moto Senior
    [QUOTE=bobber250;34566]I had a bit of trouble explaining to a friend that my DF250RTB was a "new" bike and not a modified , used Japanese bike. LOL[/QUOT

Same question "what make?"

I tried " Custom bobber" it worked! But still feel guilty. We need to be proud of our DF 250.

Schedualed to pick up Thursday by Trailer (120 miles away). Waiting for Santa I've been cleaning up my boat -
    motorcycle trailer. First class match for a matt finished bike. God I can't wait. hard to sleep.
    Hell I'm 59 this is more fun than I've had for years! Maybe I should nick name "woody".

4. #1144 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    Once I told my friend that it was a DF Bobber , he started talking about CCW... I told him the added expense for the CCW bike was for the convenience of a local dealer. I have dubbed my DF "Old School"...

GUN ROD, I had the same "night before christmas" ,"can't sleep for the excitement" feeling too... and at 41 that feeling is difficult to come by anymore. I can't wait to get the tags now... (the wife won't let me take it on the road without the proper paperwork...LOL)... I have put 10 miles on it just riding up and down the driveway.... I even took it out into the front field a bit.... not bad offroading for a street bike... =)

5. #1145 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    IMG00169-20110911-1011.jpgOk, I finally got it to upload... the first thing to go will be the lettering on the fuel tank...

6. #1146 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    o.k. guys I know I have been real slow in getting my Bobber on the road..in fact I still have yet to tag and get it inspected..but with working long hours I have to maintain patience.
    I finally did the fluids and started it up after it has been in my garage for the last 3 weeks or so..and it sounds fantastic. I have one issue to convey and maybe someone will give me a bit of info...when the bike is not running..the gears change easily..but when i try to ride..I cannot get out of first gear..it just will not shift.any thoughts.Also on an added note..when perusing through the handbook..there seems to be a bit of a contidiction in which type of oil to use..two pages say SAE15W/40 and two pages say SAE10W/40? I bought the SAE10W/40..for wet clutches ..well there ya go..confusing to me..but if anyone can shed some light on this..I would be greatly appreciative of it.

7. #1147 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    bow,
    This is a new DF (CG250 or 167FMM) gearbox problem for me. The problem is not caused by the oil being 10W40 or 15W40.

So you are riding along in first gear and you cannot shift out of first gear?

With the engine not running can you shift out of first gear?

Can you shift out of first gear with the engine running and not moving?

Is there a little free play in the clutch cable but not too much so that the clutch is completely disengaged when you pull in the clutch lever?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #1148 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    So you are riding along in first gear and you cannot shift out of first gear? correct.
    With the engine not running can you shift out of first gear? yes.
    Can you shift out of first gear with the engine running and not moving?yes and no..I find that if I am sitting still in first gear engine running, I have to move the bike back and forth to get it to go into neutral..but this is not easily done..I usually have to shut off motor,and move bike then it will switch to neutral.

Is there a little free play in the clutch cable but not too much so that the clutch is completely disengaged when you pull in the clutch lever? yes..and I have done slight adjustments on the cabel,as well as the foot linkage..but only slight.

9. #1149 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    Check your shift rod and readjust it on the spine. Take a picture of the rear of the shift rod and show how it sits
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

10. #1150 Re: Mini Tachometer 
    will do.when I get home from work tonight. I will post then.thanks.