Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 124 of 634 FirstFirst ... 74104114122123124125126134144174274 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 6336
  1. #1231 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    just got my 35 tooth sprocket in the mail today. i'm going to put it on in the morning, i can't wait to take a ride and see how much of a difference it makes. thanks again barnone for the link to ebay, it came pretty fast.
    Flipped mine tonight, not that obvious which side. Original different, no ground out area for stud tabs back side, & whats the purpus ( I wish we had spell check) of the rivited ring on the outside of the original sprocket. Even with the bike on a lift wheel removal & return was an experience( I needed a third arm). Putting on a new chain too (520 X-ring) & they sent the wrong link. Frustrated not to finish job tonight. They are next daying the right link. New bars are schedualed for delivery tomorrow. First day off tomorrow in two weeks. Installing bags tomorrow waiting for UPS. Seat delayed. Perfect time for mods, weather blowing 40 steady with rain. Been reading the full tread, up to page 80, I've discribed it to my wife as a good book, ie the characters and their own issues and the anticipation each post of whats next, Vince thanks.

2. #1232 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Well got in my new handle bars, I love them. I mounted them last night,felt real good. but of course the way my luck runs,I end up with stripping the threads on the riser. so I am looking for a new set of riseres(relatively low cost) but am not haveing much luck.I thought about jb weld but do not want to create more issues,and thought about over size retapping..but looks like the original bolt hole will not compensate for a larger head on the bolt.
    anythought on where I may locate 4 inch risers for this ride?
    Also found out that I have to get a signed bill of sale from scooter depot in order to get my title on it. so I am awaiting for them to open and get that part of this journey done. Plus they want $200 plus for my title transfer.. man they take the breath out of ya at the title office. but at least i can get it titled.Just venting on that. Thats like a years worth of gas for me.
    So anyone have a link to those risers?

3. #1233 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    Bow Tie
    Getting my bars this afternoon. Walk me tru removal of old & how to avoid stripping treads (second time on forum this has happened)
    Gun Rod

4. #1234 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Your welcome, always glad to help out.

Make sure you put the new sprocket on with the same side out as the original one.

I am interested in your impression of the difference in performance. It been so long for me that I don't remember the difference. Documenting your speed before and after would be helpful for others.
    i don't have a true top speed with the 45tooth i can tell you that i've had it up to 55mph and had more throttle to go but the vibrations from the rpm's were pretty uncomfortable, like my feet were about to vibrate off the pegs. i put the 35tooth on this afternoon, i didn't take it out on the highway yet, i just cruised around the neighborhood a while and 1st gear lasts a lot longer, and i dropped a whole gear on the backstreets, i'm cruisin at 20 in 3rd gear now without having to shift to 4th. i'll let you guys know how it feels out on the highway tomorrow, but so far so good.

5. #1235 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN ROD View Post
    Bow Tie
    Getting my bars this afternoon. Walk me tru removal of old & how to avoid stripping treads (second time on forum this has happened)
    Gun Rod
    Got thru the removal. I see why the issue with fastiners stripping. The torque required to loosen is too much for a phillips head. Took my time & lots of penetrating oil, clamping to help relieve pressure, and tapping driver as I twisted. Clutch & trottle housings took 45 min each & one martini. Still waiting for the brown truck for the new bars.

6. #1236 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Bow Tie
    Gun Rod
    The new painted handler bars are larger in diameter than the stock bars so the bolts are not long enough. I've had this problem on other bikes when changing handle bars. Take a close look at the new bars in the risers with the clamps on before you bolt them on and you will see what I mean.

I took the stock bolts to a hardware store and bought a little longer stainless steel Allen head bolts. Also do not over tighten the bolts. Use a torque wrench or a short ratchet.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

7. #1237 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Quote Originally Posted by hooliganboy View Post
    i don't have a true top speed with the 45tooth i can tell you that i've had it up to 55mph and had more throttle to go but the vibrations from the rpm's were pretty uncomfortable, like my feet were about to vibrate off the pegs. i put the 35tooth on this afternoon, i didn't take it out on the highway yet, i just cruised around the neighborhood a while and 1st gear lasts a lot longer, and i dropped a whole gear on the backstreets, i'm cruisin at 20 in 3rd gear now without having to shift to 4th. i'll let you guys know how it feels out on the highway tomorrow, but so far so good.
    So at 55 MPH (indicated) with the stock 45 tooth you were hitting the bad vibration which starts at about 7600 RPM on my mini tachometer.

With my 38 tooth I hit the bad vibration at 75 MPH (indicated). So I predict you will able to run 75 MPH (indicated) without the bad vibration.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #1238 Re: CG250 Performance 
    C-Moto Senior
    Holy Sh-t , they (handlebars) are perfect, dry run, looks if I install each side before clamping down center (bolt length good), cables and lines will accomidate an extra 5" pull. Delivery late & had a date with my better half, unable to confirm until Saturday.

9. #1239 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Holy Sh-t , they (handlebars) are perfect, dry run, looks if I install each side before clamping down center (bolt length good), cables and lines will accomidate an extra 5" pull. Delivery late & had a date with my better half, unable to confirm until Saturday.
    Photos of the bars, please.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #1240 Re: CG250 Performance 
    Barnone,so your saying that the reason the threads in the riser(not the bolts) stripped is that the threads are too short? so posiibly longer bolts would help my situation? I had to tighten them down so much becasue no matter how tight I got them the bars still moved. These bars do not have the nurrels(spelling?) like th old ones do..and since they are chrome.. they are slicker. any recommendations to that?